Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

User avatar
glucose101
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby glucose101 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:38 pm

I love how everyone is like Nyquil makes you feel drowsy in the morning. YES. But it gets you to sleep, and that's all you need. Down a 5-hr the next day, and you're good. Obviously you should try all these things before...but the OP waited too long. I know how I react to Nyquil it's the only thing that will get me down to bed quick. Even if I worked out, I'd be afraid that I wouldn't be able to fall instantly, and then by the time you know it...it's 4 am. Not my idea of fun.

But we're all different. I have a terrible time falling asleep.

User avatar
Mr.Binks
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr.Binks » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:44 pm

glucose101 wrote:I love how everyone is like Nyquil makes you feel drowsy in the morning. YES. But it gets you to sleep, and that's all you need. Down a 5-hr the next day, and you're good. Obviously you should try all these things before...but the OP waited too long. I know how I react to Nyquil it's the only thing that will get me down to bed quick. Even if I worked out, I'd be afraid that I wouldn't be able to fall instantly, and then by the time you know it...it's 4 am. Not my idea of fun.

But we're all different. I have a terrible time falling asleep.


Me too. Have you tried smoking? ;-)

User avatar
glucose101
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby glucose101 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Perhaps...lol. Doesn't do anything for me. Sleeping pills and melatonin didn't do anything for me. Nyquil is the only thing :-P

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:59 pm

lea
glucose101 wrote:Perhaps...lol. Doesn't do anything for me. Sleeping pills and melatonin didn't do anything for me. Nyquil is the only thing :-P

Image

User avatar
Mr.Binks
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr.Binks » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:15 pm

glucose101 wrote:Perhaps...lol. Doesn't do anything for me. Sleeping pills and melatonin didn't do anything for me. Nyquil is the only thing :-P


Odd. Just about all of the above will do it for me...! ...including orgies.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Jeffort » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:true dat. melatonin works too.
I just had sex from like 7pm-10pm the night before, then had a bowl of ice cream and a meltonin and then passed out listening to Beethoven. well, I do that almost every night but I think I put caramel on my ice cream that night. I think you should just stick with whatever routine you currently have in place.


I'm calling total bull$hit on this claim.

I doubt even Ron Jeremy could have pulled that off during the peak years of his career.

pupperoni
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby pupperoni » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:31 pm

lol 3 hours? what is that? 2 hrs and 59 minutes of trying to fix your ED and then one minute of actual sex? hahaha

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby hoos89 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:31 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:37 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:true dat. melatonin works too.
I just had sex from like 7pm-10pm the night before, then had a bowl of ice cream and a meltonin and then passed out listening to Beethoven. well, I do that almost every night but I think I put caramel on my ice cream that night. I think you should just stick with whatever routine you currently have in place.


I'm calling total bull$hit on this claim.

I doubt even Ron Jeremy could have pulled that off during the peak years of his career.


what you've never done it for 3+ hours before?

:lol:

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Jeffort » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:40 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:true dat. melatonin works too.
I just had sex from like 7pm-10pm the night before, then had a bowl of ice cream and a meltonin and then passed out listening to Beethoven. well, I do that almost every night but I think I put caramel on my ice cream that night. I think you should just stick with whatever routine you currently have in place.


I'm calling total bull$hit on this claim.

I doubt even Ron Jeremy could have pulled that off during the peak years of his career.


what you've never done it for 3+ hours before?


If foreplay and snuggling/cuddling time plus nap breaks time count then yes, well past 3+ hours, even entire days in bed.
Last edited by Jeffort on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby hoos89 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:41 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr.Binks
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr.Binks » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:42 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
If foreplay and snuggling/cuddling time plus nap breaks time count then yes, well past 3+ hours, entire days in bed even.


no, they do not. just because you can't doesn't mean it's impossible.


It's a gift.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby hoos89 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Jeffort » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
If foreplay and snuggling/cuddling time plus nap breaks time count then yes, well past 3+ hours, entire days in bed even.


no, they do not. just because you can't doesn't mean it's impossible.


It's a gift.


It might be possible if you take Viagra or Cialis every day, but I've heard that doing that can lead to a heart attack, plus, doing that makes it hard to walk around in public comfortably when you need to go somewhere, and there is also the chafing problem.
Last edited by Jeffort on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby hoos89 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:58 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:01 pm

it's kind of like jogging.
you start out going just a mile or two, and then you slowly work your way up.
Eventually you jog ten miles a day and if you miss a day you feel like something is off.
I am a very routined person.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Jeffort » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:it's kind of like jogging.
you start out going just a mile or two, and then you slowly work your way up.
Eventually you jog ten miles a day and if you miss a day you feel like something is off.
I am a very routined person.


Ok,

I just hope you have washing the sheets and other things DAILY worked into your routine. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mr.Binks
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr.Binks » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:it's kind of like jogging.
you start out going just a mile or two, and then you slowly work your way up.
Eventually you jog ten miles a day and if you miss a day you feel like something is off.
I am a very routined person.


Ok,

I just hope you have washing the sheets and other things DAILY worked into your routine. :mrgreen:


Perks of meeting at her place.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Jeffort » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:it's kind of like jogging.
you start out going just a mile or two, and then you slowly work your way up.
Eventually you jog ten miles a day and if you miss a day you feel like something is off.
I am a very routined person.


Ok,

I just hope you have washing the sheets and other things DAILY worked into your routine. :mrgreen:


Perks of meeting at her place.


Good point, but that can be risky if she has a boyfriend or husband she didn't tell you about and you end up having to suddenly hide in the closet or jump out a window. That happened to me once when I was 18 and got seduced by an older woman.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Jeffort wrote:I was 18 and got seduced by an older woman.

TYBG

cooldude57
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby cooldude57 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Image

This will work, just look how happily snoozing that bear is.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Any advice for insomniacs trying to sleep the night before?

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:33 pm

cooldude57 wrote:Image

This will work, just look how happily snoozing that bear is.

this stuff is good.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sanibella, Tazewell and 5 guests