Best Prep in DC

swb311

Best Prep in DC

Postby swb311 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:06 am

I just registered for the June 2012 LSAT and I am looking for a good prep class to begin soon. I know the quality of classes depends on the teacher so I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation specifically for the DC area. Thanks ahead of time.

ben

Re: Best Prep in DC

Postby ben » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:43 pm

I just registered for the June 2012 LSAT and I am looking for a good prep class to begin soon. I know the quality of classes depends on the teacher so I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation specifically for the DC area. Thanks ahead of time.

I'm teaching this class:

--LinkRemoved--

I've been teaching for about 4 years and I'd be happy to connect you with current or former students so you can hear what they have to say. In fact, there's a practice exam tonight at 6:30 pm if you want to swing by to see our materials, talk with current students, or even take a test (to see where you're at and so on). We're at 1875 I Street, NW on the 5th floor. That's one block from Farragut West Metro (orange and blue lines) and three blocks from Farragut North Metro (red line).

Although the class doesn't start until March 31, if you pay in full or start a payment plan, we can send you our Early Start materials so you can get started now.

I hope this helps!

barnum

Postby barnum » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:27 pm

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring as well

I work for Griffon Prep http://www.griffonprep.com

The company has been in business for almost 7 years. We actually have a class starting this weekend that is taught by an instructor with nearly 13 years of experience (they worked for three other national companies before Griffon Prep). We limit our class to no more than 12 students, we have free extra help every Friday evening, and all our instructors have scored in the 98th percentile or higher.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us or stop by to see a class.

FavoriteColorGRUE

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm

I look a powerscore class in DC, and I was really happy with it.

We had a great instructor, and the powerscore materials are awesome. We also got access to every released LSAT test in the past 20 years, and there were TONS of additional resources on the web/login component. It's expensive -- but all LSAT classes are -- so if you're already committed to taking a class, I'd go with PowerScore. (I had friends in other classes, both with powerscore and with other companies -- the consensus was that Kaplan isn't particularly helpful, and seems to pitch the class to a lower bar, but that TestMasters is also really good -- albeit, I'm reporting from a small sample).

Good luck!

dcmetro

Postby dcmetro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:42 am

In the spirit of friendly competition and informed consumerism, here are a few of my listings in case you're interested in one-on-one prep. For not much more than a class environment, I offer individually tailored instruction, and my students have gone on to score as high as 179.

Tutor profile on Thumbtack: http://www.dcLSATtutor.com
Craigslist ad: --LinkRemoved--
Company website: http://www.dcMetroLSATprep.com

I also offer unlimited phone and email help between sessions, I host proctored exams at the office, and I provide complimentary proofreading and advice for your personal statement and two additional law school application essays.

I've been tutoring since 2005, and at any given time I have up to five additional tutors with 99th-percentile scores working with me. Currently, I have availability for students with whom I would work personally.

My office is at 1629 K St NW, Ste 300, also a block from Farragut West and Farragut North.

-Kyle

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”