Is it worth taking an LSAT prep class under this situation?

Fingers_Xed

Is it worth taking an LSAT prep class under this situation?

Postby Fingers_Xed » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, but I will be applying to law schools this fall and finally decided to join.

I'm planning on taking the June test. I took the december lsat and well, I didn't do well at all 157. I am planning on taking blueprint, but classes start at 6pm. My job does not allow me to leave before 6:15-6:30pm. By the time I would get to class it will be 7pm. Is it worth taking the course if I will be missing the first hour?

I know that there are online classes of prerecorded videos, etc. but I know my learning style and that does not work for me. Thus, online classes are not an option. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Simplicity

Re: Is it worth taking an LSAT prep class under this situation?

Postby Simplicity » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:22 pm

If you're able to put forth the effort on your own, a prep class is a total waste of time and money. There's absolutely no need to take a prep class unless you're really having trouble understanding the logic (assuming you're capable of practicing on your own).

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Missing an hour is pretty crucial, IMO. Have you considered looking at other prep classes? Such as Testmasters, etc. (depending on where you live).

If you self study and find that you are having difficulty with specific areas, perhaps you can hire a tutor that can guide you through it. Tutors are pretty pricey, though.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Missing an hour is pretty crucial, IMO. Have you considered looking at other prep classes? Such as Testmasters, etc. (depending on where you live).

I think most classes start around that time to allow people with full time jobs (at least, most people) to get to them after work.

And missing the first hour is definitely a problem. However, we can definitely work around it a bit with you by offering you access to the videos for the course so you can watch that first hour before getting to class. Also, the latter half of our curriculum features 45min-1 hour of review to begin with; it's obviously not ideal to miss that, but you won't be sacrificing new material by missing it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”