Question about our gallon sized plastic bag

notaznguy

Question about our gallon sized plastic bag

Postby notaznguy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:01 pm

"You are allowed to bring into the test center only a clear plastic zip lock bag (maximum size one gallon/3.79 liters) containing ONLY the following items: LSAT Admission Ticket stub, valid ID, wallet, keys, hygiene/medical products, No. 2 or HB pencils, (NO mechanical pencils), erasers, pencil sharpener, a highlighter, tissues, beverage in a plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml. maximum size), and a snack (for break only). All items must fit in the bag such that the bag can be sealed."

Uh, does the water bottle and wallet both have to be inside the bag? Why can't I just leave my wallet and keys in my pockets?

Also, is there a limit to how many pencils we can bring or how many pencils we are allowed to have on our desk?

rinkrat19

Re: Question about our gallon sized plastic bag

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:06 pm

notaznguy wrote:"You are allowed to bring into the test center only a clear plastic zip lock bag (maximum size one gallon/3.79 liters) containing ONLY the following items: LSAT Admission Ticket stub, valid ID, wallet, keys, hygiene/medical products, No. 2 or HB pencils, (NO mechanical pencils), erasers, pencil sharpener, a highlighter, tissues, beverage in a plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml. maximum size), and a snack (for break only). All items must fit in the bag such that the bag can be sealed."

Uh, does the water bottle and wallet both have to be inside the bag? Why can't I just leave my wallet and keys in my pockets?

Also, is there a limit to how many pencils we can bring or how many pencils we are allowed to have on our desk?
Water bottle doesn't have to be in the bag. I don't know why you wouldn't put your wallet and keys in it. They don't want anything in your pockets; why is that hard to understand?

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:08 pm

http://eatourbrains.com/steve/?attachment_id=398

If you have wallet and keys in your pocket, LSAC Proctor might think "there is something fishy going on"

You can put many pencils on the desk, but I would not put more than 3~4 pencils(1 per section) on the desk as it could be a distraction. You can use a pencil sharpener during a break, so do not worry too much about the pencils. :D

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Sounds good. My main question was why the water bottle had to be in the bag, but apparently it doesn't have to. Thanks guys.

Lil Kev

Postby Lil Kev » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:13 pm

I remember taking the LSAT with about 25 pencils on my desk. I can't stand using a pencil on more than 5 problems.

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Lil Kev wrote:I remember taking the LSAT with about 25 pencils on my desk. I can't stand using a pencil on more than 5 problems.

You made my day :mrgreen:

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
notaznguy wrote:"You are allowed to bring into the test center only a clear plastic zip lock bag (maximum size one gallon/3.79 liters) containing ONLY the following items: LSAT Admission Ticket stub, valid ID, wallet, keys, hygiene/medical products, No. 2 or HB pencils, (NO mechanical pencils), erasers, pencil sharpener, a highlighter, tissues, beverage in a plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml. maximum size), and a snack (for break only). All items must fit in the bag such that the bag can be sealed."

Water bottle doesn't have to be in the bag. I don't know why you wouldn't put your wallet and keys in it. They don't want anything in your pockets; why is that hard to understand?

When I took it in October, my proctor required that I I had my water bottle in my bag. It didn't fit. :(

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:31 am

For the pencil thing, (for me at least) it's better to have a dull tip - much faster to bubble with a dull pencil than a sharp one.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:20 pm

I was the kid with an insane amount of pencils on his desk

That being said I press extremely / unnaturally hard when I write so pencils dull really fast for me

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:35 pm

A sharp pencil is very helpful for fitting tiny LG diagrams in the limited space available.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”