Flaw LR question help PT40 section3 Question 23

wanderlust

Flaw LR question help PT40 section3 Question 23

Postby wanderlust » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am

Can anyone help me with answer choice (E). I feel it point out a necessary assumption for the author's argument that the production rate will not be decreased by firing 10 workers.

bruss

Re: Flaw LR question help PT40 section3 Question 23

Postby bruss » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:07 pm

wanderlust wrote:Can anyone help me with answer choice (E). I feel it point out a necessary assumption for the author's argument that the production rate will not be decreased by firing 10 workers.

but he doesn't assume E he states E. he says that if we fire 10 ppl the plant will still be fine. and if he says it in the stim then its not an assumption. remember an assumption is an unstated premise. you have to remember they know that the good test takers understand to attack an assumption in flaw questions, so the wrong answer choice will sometimes try to get you to believe that that author assumed something when they didnt.

Also make sure you understand that all question types have variation within them. in this flaw question they dont ask to point out the flaw, all the answer choices are things he over looks, but you are to pick one that his argument is most vulnerable to. Because if you just pick a flaw you would pick D and be done with it, also A would be correct because he does ignore that possibility of workers producing more. C is wrong because he doesn't assume that but WE DO.

wanderlust

Re: Flaw LR question help PT40 section3 Question 23

Postby wanderlust » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation!

bruss wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Can anyone help me with answer choice (E). I feel it point out a necessary assumption for the author's argument that the production rate will not be decreased by firing 10 workers.

but he doesn't assume E he states E. he says that if we fire 10 ppl the plant will still be fine. and if he says it in the stim then its not an assumption. remember an assumption is an unstated premise. you have to remember they know that the good test takers understand to attack an assumption in flaw questions, so the wrong answer choice will sometimes try to get you to believe that that author assumed something when they didnt.

Also make sure you understand that all question types have variation within them. in this flaw question they dont ask to point out the flaw, all the answer choices are things he over looks, but you are to pick one that his argument is most vulnerable to. Because if you just pick a flaw you would pick D and be done with it, also A would be correct because he does ignore that possibility of workers producing more. C is wrong because he doesn't assume that but WE DO.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”