Variance in LR scores

Nick18

Variance in LR scores

Postby Nick18 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I am perplexed as to why I am expierencing so much variance with regard to my LR score. In some sections, I score 21/25, while in others, I score 13/25. Are these types of fluctuations normal? I heard once that the LR sections may vary in difficulty, but the rest of the test is more or less adjusted to make it as even as possible, but I find it hard to believe that they would vary this much. My LG score rarely fluctuates; -4 or -5. I am somewhat frustrated that many hours of studying seems to yield results that are very hit and miss. Has this happened to anyone else?

Simplicity

Re: Variance in LR scores

Postby Simplicity » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Not to that extent. That's a huge variance. You've just gotta keep practicing. If you find yourself missing more than 10 questions on one LR section, you really need to go back and study basic logical principles before continuing to do more timed sections. Untimed sections would probably be of more benefit to you.

Mr.Binks

Re: Variance in LR scores

Postby Mr.Binks » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Simplicity wrote:Not to that extent. That's a huge variance. You've just gotta keep practicing. If you find yourself missing more than 10 questions on one LR section, you really need to go back and study basic logical principles before continuing to do more timed sections. Untimed sections would probably be of more benefit to you.

This. You need to go back and drill specific question types until you're very comfortable with all of them. After you start taking PTs, go through each PT and review each question you had difficulty with or missed. Review each answer and understand why each correct answer is correct and why each wrong answer is wrong.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”