Does the logic game bible discuss odd/mixed games?

jasonkramer

Does the logic game bible discuss odd/mixed games?

Postby jasonkramer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:26 pm

It has been a month and I am not doing much better at logic games. There are two reasons for this. First, I go too fast and don’t read everything correctly. This I can correct on my own with practice. Second, I keep getting screwed up on odd/mixed game types. Games I can’t seem to get right are PT36 S4 Q3 (bus riders), PT37 S3 Q4 (swim team) and PT38 S2 Q4 (music & instruments).

For the past month I have been working with the Manhattan LG E-book and it has helped a lot. When I slow down and pay attention I can do fairly well. Problem is, the book does not really focus on how to deal with odd/mixed games. It says they exist but does not suggest how to deal with them.

Since Manhattan, from what ive read several time, does not deal with mixed games, I thought It may be a good idea to guy the LG bible. Before I do so, I want to know if the book will actually provide me with a idea of how to deal with odd/mixed games?

jasonkramer

Re: Does the logic game bible discuss odd/mixed games?

Postby jasonkramer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm

thank you for the info. :D

Liquox

Re: Does the logic game bible discuss odd/mixed games?

Postby Liquox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Don't know if this works for everyone, but I found it helpful to treat the games as matricies (like sudoku) instead of "types of problems". (ie. a linear game is a 1 by X matrix; a grid game is a X by Y matrix). it saves "switching gear" time, and you can treat the rules like sudoku rules (ie. 1 of each number per row/colum/box).

Thought it might help.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”