LR Help

OnTheRise

LR Help

Postby OnTheRise » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:48 pm

I took the October test and drastically under-performed and scored a 154. Since then I have enrolled in a prep course and got a tutor. I have seen my LG section drastically improve, from -7 on the Oct test to -0 on last three PTs. However, I have yet see any major improvements in the LR sections. I am consistently missing 7 to 9 on each section. Obviously, this need to improve for me to get my target score of a 170 so what I was wondering is if anybody has an insight that could help me. Also, it should probably be mentioned that I am currently going through the LR Bible and plan to have my tutor work primarily on this area.

gaud

Re: LR Help

Postby gaud » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm

How are you reviewing LR???

You need to be very thorough with your approach. Make sure that when you review you understand everything about the problem (premises, conclusions, assumptions) AND that you know why EACH AND EVERY answer choice is correct or incorrect.

It may seem like a waste of time reviewing wrong answers but I assure you that it isn't. You will start to notice common wrong answer types which will help you when encountering future problems.

For me it helped if I 'explained' each problem to myself. I would literally write down a paragraph (give or take depending on the problem) explanation for each choice on why it was right or wrong.

inmate

Postby inmate » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 pm

gaud wrote:How are you reviewing LR???

You need to be very thorough with your approach. Make sure that when you review you understand everything about the problem (premises, conclusions, assumptions) AND that you know why EACH AND EVERY answer choice is correct or incorrect.

It may seem like a waste of time reviewing wrong answers but I assure you that it isn't. You will start to notice common wrong answer types which will help you when encountering future problems.

For me it helped if I 'explained' each problem to myself. I would literally write down a paragraph (give or take depending on the problem) explanation for each choice on why it was right or wrong.

This is good, I have a problem of understanding the stimulus sometimes too.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:18 am

gaud wrote:How are you reviewing LR???

+1

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”