Taking the minimum req. credits or not?

Lingon

Taking the minimum req. credits or not?

Postby Lingon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Question:

Should I take the minimum number required credits to graduate my final semester and focus on the LSAT or take more classes in order to have a full course load? Will law schools care if I am under-enrolled in my final semester? There are a couple of interesting classes I would love to take and that will probably help me in law school. On the other hand, taking fewer credits allows me to spend more time studying for the LSAT. What do you guys think?

rinkrat19

Re: Taking the minimum req. credits or not?

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Law schools don't care about your course load your last semester.
If there's any chance you wouldn't get an A in the extra classes, definitely don't take them.
More time to study for the LSAT is good.

Lingon

Postby Lingon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Anyone else has any suggestions?

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:47 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Law schools don't care about your course load your last semester.
If there's any chance you wouldn't get an A in the extra classes, definitely don't take them.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Law schools don't care about your course load your last semester.

dawrp

Postby dawrp » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:34 pm

There are practically no undergrad classes that will help you in law school. It doesn't even matter whether you could get an A in the extra classes, the only thing that matters is the LSAT. Take the minimum load, take the easiest classes you can, and dedicate your life to the LSAT.

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:39 pm

What's your GPA? If your GPA is solid, do not waste any extra money/time. Instead, focus on your LSAT. However, if your GPA is below 3.5 and you truly believe that you can ace all the tests-Easy A/A+ (even though taking a few more classes does not have a significant impact on your overall grade), go for it.
http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ulator.htm
Use this website to calculate your final LSDAS grade with your final hypothetical semester grade

HTH

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”