The Forgotten Few Games

clarified_butter

The Forgotten Few Games

Postby clarified_butter » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:55 pm

I was just reading the Powerscore Logic Games Bible...Chapter 7, The Forgotten Few: Pattern Games, Circular Linearity Games and Mapping Games. How important is it for us to know these particular games on the latest LSAT's. I have a good grasp on the rest of the Games talked about in the book. Thanks in advance!

ben4847

Re: The Forgotten Few Games

Postby ben4847 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:59 pm

There are all sorts of hybrid games. I don't feel like you can really just memorize the game types.

(I totally kicked butt on the cassette tape game, BTW. Which if I recall was grouping/ordering)

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:12 pm

I'd study them at least a little in the case that you encounter an 'unusual' LG section on test day, but that's about as far as I'd take it.

Studying more of the common games will likely give the best results, which I'm sure you know.

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:08 pm

gaud wrote:I'd study them at least a little in the case that you encounter an 'unusual' LG section on test day, but that's about as far as I'd take it.

Studying more of the common games will likely give the best results, which I'm sure you know.

That's how I feel too...I think its best to have the basics down and then go from there.

They did mention in Chapter 7 that these types of games are very rare.
Last edited by clarified_butter on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm

ben4847 wrote: I don't feel like you can really just memorize the game types.

I agree. It would drive you insane if you actually had to do this. That's just like the LR Bible...they tend to OVER label everything!

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:37 pm

You may want to know how to do circular linearity. As for the mapping and other weird ones...eh...odds are they won't appear again in the immediate future.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Those games are 'gimmicky', in that once you know the trick to doing them, you can pretty much do any permutation of it accurately and quickly. So I personally don't expect to see them again on the LSAT.

I would look them over to understand the trick, but once you get that down, don't worry about them.

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 am

bp shinners wrote:Those games are 'gimmicky', in that once you know the trick to doing them, you can pretty much do any permutation of it accurately and quickly. So I personally don't expect to see them again on the LSAT.

I would look them over to understand the trick, but once you get that down, don't worry about them.

Sorry that I'm replying a month later to this post...Thanks again Matt :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”