Law schools can see when you register for a retake? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hurricane12345

New

Law schools can see when you register for a retake?

Post by hurricane12345 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 pm

So, I signed up for the Feb. test to retake but I was under the impression that schools would not see that you registered, they would only be notified after you take the test once your new score becomes available (when LSAC releases a new score report).

1. Does this look bad to schools who haven't reached a decision yet? (i.e. would it give them incentive to either hold off or deny you in order to wait and see how you do? Or perhaps convey that you might not be serious about attending this cycle...).

2. Same question in regards to schools that you've been admitted to and are waiting to hear about scholarships?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that schools have been asking me about the new LSAT registration, so apparently they are notified that you signed up

Bert

Bronze

Re: Law schools can see when you register for a retake?

Post by Bert » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:43 pm

I can't speak to #2.

As for #1, each school which you have sent an LSDAS report to is notified whenever there is a change to your report that would affect them (i.e. withdrawing from LSAT, adding a new LSAT date, etc.). If a decision has not yet been rendered on your application and the school receives notification that you plan to sit for a future LSAT, they generally pass on making a decision until they see the results of this future LSAT seating. I don't think that schools see this as an indication that you are not planning on enrolling in the upcoming class.

hurricane12345

New

Re: Law schools can see when you register for a retake?

Post by hurricane12345 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Bert wrote:I can't speak to #2.

As for #1, each school which you have sent an LSDAS report to is notified whenever there is a change to your report that would affect them (i.e. withdrawing from LSAT, adding a new LSAT date, etc.). If a decision has not yet been rendered on your application and the school receives notification that you plan to sit for a future LSAT, they generally pass on making a decision until they see the results of this future LSAT seating. I don't think that schools see this as an indication that you are not planning on enrolling in the upcoming class.
So is registering for the Feb. test likely to hurt my cycle in that schools will not want to make a decision before the new score arrives?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”