Anyone think this is possible? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bernaldiaz

Gold

Anyone think this is possible?

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:11 pm

So I have been thinking about the last two curves on the Oct. and Dec. tests, and they've been pretty generous. I have also noticed that the people I have talked to who have said they are applying to law school are pretty dumb and have no clue about current law hiring.

So my thought is that maybe the large drop in test takers is coming from the informed crew. The people who read the NYT article last year and have decided against applying. I don't think it's so crazy to think that it is the more intelligent people are the ones realizing that law school isn't a great decision for everyone right now. I actually think it would be more of a long shot that the 17% drop in LSAT takers was evenly distributed amongst LSAT scores.

Anyways, I'm hoping if this trend continues it means more generous curves in the future (specifically February). Any thoughts?

Curious1

Silver

Re: Anyone think this is possible?

Post by Curious1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Don't count on this. Also the curve is predetermined, not set afterwards.

MrAnon

Gold

Post by MrAnon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Keep dreaming. While I do think the overall intelligence of people applying to law school has fallen significantly---how dumb can you be in the face of overwhelming evidence that it is a bad career option, and still want to go? and have you seen some of the questions people come here to post? about how to answer simple application questions?---the ability to game the test, retake it and whathaveyou, and the curve itself, means that things will stay normalized.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:19 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:I have also noticed that the people I have talked to who have said they are applying to law school are pretty dumb and have no clue about current law hiring.
Unrepresentative sample is unrepresentative.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:I have also noticed that the people I have talked to who have said they are applying to law school are pretty dumb and have no clue about current law hiring.
Unrepresentative sample is unrepresentative.
No shit. That's why I asked if other people thought it was possible. I didn't represent it as fact, just a series of observations.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ExcelBaller

New

Post by ExcelBaller » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:55 am

+1 if you are going to law school thinking about how you can better serve your community as a lawyer than any other occupation

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:09 am

The LSAT is not curved.

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Definitely the average LSAT test taker is either pretty unintelligent or insanely unprepared ("OOO, I looked over a the day before test")

That's also why the median is 151 lol ...

I'm almost embarrassed about my 167 LSAT on TLS, but compared to everyone I know that's taken the LSAT they think I'm a genius for that score

iamrobk

Bronze

Post by iamrobk » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Haven't the percentiles gone down slightly (like a 170 is 97th percentile when it used to be 97.5 percentile, or something like that?)?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”