128 to 155

JamMasterJ

Re: 128 to 155

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 am

Curious1 wrote:
Besides, I know that when I graduate law school and look for work, I'll sit in an interview and explain how much of a legal baller I am, how many times Ive seen 12 Angry Men, and how T14 grads are all nerds with no social skills or girlfriends. Who wants some pretentious T14 with a sweater-vest, argyle socks, and a massive sense of entitlement at their office Christmas parties, hitting on all the fat chicks? Who cares if they'll be driving a new Mercedes CL 600 AMG a year after they graduate? I'll run into them with my beige '92 Honda Civic with plastic spinning-hubcaps. When their fuel lines automatically shut off (cause theyre so safe, whoop-de-friggin-doo), Ill be driving away in a cloud of exhaust and burned oil, leaving them only with the sound of a rattling, bolt-on, aftermarket fart-cannon exhaust tip, only worsened by an automatic 4 speed transmission that cant find 3rd gear. WHOS THE BITCH NOW? 8)

seriously. WTF is wrong with a sweater-vest????

Duramax80

Postby Duramax80 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:51 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
Duramax80 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
Duramax80 wrote:"All Im saying is that Ive seen people get good jobs after graduating from TTTT schools. Its not the best idea, but its certainly possible, and definitely not a 100% lost cause."

:lol:

Who are you quoting?

Me.

Yeah... I think you're doing it wrong. :wink:

You asked me to clarify what I meant, so I just scrolled up and reposted what I had already written, and which you had failed to read. Are you trying to be cute with that homo smiley face shit? I'm not really down for pointless internet arguments, especially with a patronizing fucktard like yourself.

Duramax80

Postby Duramax80 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:54 am

JamMasterJ wrote:seriously. WTF is wrong with a sweater-vest????

Last edited by Duramax80 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 am

Duramax80 wrote:You asked me to clarify what I meant, so I just scrolled up and reposted what I had already written, and which you had failed to read. Are you trying to be cute with that homo smiley face shit? I'm not really down for pointless internet arguments, especially with a patronizing fucktard like yourself.

Yeah, you're definitely doing it wrong.

Duramax80

Postby Duramax80 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:03 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
Duramax80 wrote:You asked me to clarify what I meant, so I just scrolled up and reposted what I had already written, and which you had failed to read. Are you trying to be cute with that homo smiley face shit? I'm not really down for pointless internet arguments, especially with a patronizing fucktard like yourself.

You forgot this: :wink:

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:10 am

Duramax80 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

Aww... you're butthurt. Cute.

Duramax80

Postby Duramax80 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:33 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
Duramax80 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

Aww... you're butthurt. Cute.

uhh
--ImageRemoved--

kmassey1

Postby kmassey1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:53 am

OP, to be frank, you need professional help with the LSAT. With a 128, it seems like you don't understand the material well enough to teach it to yourself; I doubt studying on your own is going to bring you into the upper half of test-takers. I don't know what's available in your city, but I took Blueprint myself, and went from a 151 diagnostic to 170 on test day, and the class was only about 8 weeks. I also hear good things about TestMasters and PowerScore; Kaplan and Princeton Review not so much. If you're serious about going to law school I'd invest a grand or two in a professional service that will give you a better shot of reaching your target score. Good luck!

Duramax80

Postby Duramax80 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 am

kmassey1 wrote:OP, to be frank, you need professional help with the LSAT. With a 128, it seems like you don't understand the material well enough to teach it to yourself; I doubt studying on your own is going to bring you into the upper half of test-takers. I don't know what's available in your city, but I took Blueprint myself, and went from a 151 diagnostic to 170 on test day, and the class was only about 8 weeks. I also hear good things about TestMasters and PowerScore; Kaplan and Princeton Review not so much. If you're serious about going to law school I'd invest a grand or two in a professional service that will give you a better shot of reaching your target score. Good luck!

I think the general consensus regarding the OP's statements is that this entire thread began as a flame. A 128 on the LSAT is like 23 credited responses... I refuse to believe a college graduate sat through an entire LSAT and only got 23 right. Thats like guessing on every single question on the test.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:03 am

Duramax80 wrote:
kmassey1 wrote:OP, to be frank, you need professional help with the LSAT. With a 128, it seems like you don't understand the material well enough to teach it to yourself; I doubt studying on your own is going to bring you into the upper half of test-takers. I don't know what's available in your city, but I took Blueprint myself, and went from a 151 diagnostic to 170 on test day, and the class was only about 8 weeks. I also hear good things about TestMasters and PowerScore; Kaplan and Princeton Review not so much. If you're serious about going to law school I'd invest a grand or two in a professional service that will give you a better shot of reaching your target score. Good luck!

I think the general consensus regarding the OP's statements is that this entire thread began as a flame. A 128 on the LSAT is like 23 credited responses... I refuse to believe a college graduate sat through an entire LSAT and only got 23 right. Thats like guessing on every single question on the test.

Every year people actually get every single LSAT score possible from 120 to 180. Why is it so hard to believe that someone actually got a 128 on a PT?

Apparently y'all's faith in humanity's intelligence is far higher than mine.

Duramax80

Postby Duramax80 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:09 am

bk1 wrote:
Duramax80 wrote:

Every year people actually get every single LSAT score possible from 120 to 180. Why is it so hard to believe that someone actually got a 128 on a PT?

What? There are really 120's every year? I did not know that, or at least, I never thought about it until now. Ouch.

givemea170

Postby givemea170 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:07 am

bk1 wrote:
Duramax80 wrote:

Growing up in the south, it is entirely believable for people to get in the 120's on this test. I let my friend answer 10 questions on one of the practice tests I was doing and he only got 1 out of 10... with a 20% chance to get it right on a pure guess, that is sad.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Duramax80 wrote:
bruss wrote:So tired of people saying "I know an attorney who went to [insert ttt-tttt] and he/she is a partner". I'm pretty sure the person was pre2008. Right now the economy is fucked. And unless your pops owns a firm don't go to a tttt.

Like I said before, I know several TTT and TTTT attorneys who have good legal careers. The two TTTT I referred to earlier ARE NOT partners, and DID graduate post 2008. Its like you ignore the statistics that show there are people from TTT and TTTT schools who are practicing attorneys, and Ill go ahead and guarantee that they are not the children of practicing attorneys. Its possible to practice law out of TTT and TTTT, and I'll agree it is difficult, but its definitely possible.

I dont care if you want to go to a TTT/T or not, but what does bother me is that people will go into insane amounts of debt to do it. If you are set on a TTTT law school, God bless you, because scholarships are much easier to get at those places (for the most part).

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:44 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:58 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 am

hoos89 wrote:So do people not in college take the LSAT? I can't imagine even the dumbest college graduate getting a 120.

Some Many people in college are beyond stupid. I'm still not surprised.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:21 am

Law school sounds perfect for you. Don't worry about the LSAT score or what school you get into, what's important is that you fulfill your dream of becoming a lawyer.

Godspeed.

Konner

Postby Konner » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 am

sammy416 wrote:I took my first cold diagnostic prep-test and scored a horrible 128 but I am giving myself 6 months of hardcore studying to receive either a 150 or 155(I am content with these scores btw). Is this achievable? Thank you!

OP, assuming you're still reviewing this thread (or might at some point), here is my advice:

- To answer your question, yes, it is achievable. A 128 leads me to believe that you simply don't know how to attack the LSAT. The most common problem I see is when people aren't sure when to bring outside info into the test. Learning that alone will help. There are tomes of information available in the prep forum: make use of it. Six months is plenty of time.

- As already suggested, it is vital that you aim for 180, even if the rank of your future law school and $$$$ received do not matter. To even get the score you want, it's important to approach this test ready to perfect every flaw. If nothing else, it will leave you better prepared to tackle law school.

- The world is full of pragmatists, people who will only go to T14, and those who may only hire from certain law schools. So be it. If you want to attend a law school with questionable placement numbers, then do it but make sure you go to the law school you actually want to attend. If nothing else, make the three years worth your time.

Good luck! And if this is a troll, oh well, maybe the info will be useful to someone else.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Konner wrote:
sammy416 wrote:I took my first cold diagnostic prep-test and scored a horrible 128 but I am giving myself 6 months of hardcore studying to receive either a 150 or 155(I am content with these scores btw). Is this achievable? Thank you!

OP, assuming you're still reviewing this thread (or might at some point), here is my advice:

- To answer your question, yes, it is achievable. A 128 leads me to believe that you simply don't know how to attack the LSAT. The most common problem I see is when people aren't sure when to bring outside info into the test. Learning that alone will help. There are tomes of information available in the prep forum: make use of it. Six months is plenty of time.

- As already suggested, it is vital that you aim for 180, even if the rank of your future law school and $$$$ received do not matter. To even get the score you want, it's important to approach this test ready to perfect every flaw. If nothing else, it will leave you better prepared to tackle law school.

- The world is full of pragmatists, people who will only go to T14, and those who may only hire from certain law schools. So be it. If you want to attend a law school with questionable placement numbers, then do it but make sure you go to the law school you actually want to attend. If nothing else, make the three years worth your time.

Good luck! And if this is a troll, oh well, maybe the info will be useful to someone else.

why do you say that like it's a bad thing?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 am

Konner wrote:If you want to attend a law school with questionable placement numbers, then do it but make sure you go to the law school you actually want to attend. If nothing else, make the three years worth your time.

Your stupidity is painful. Yes, make that 3 year professional degree worth your time by graduating without a job in said professional field. But hey, maybe you will have a fulfilling three years learning about railroad injury cases and infertile cows! Super relevant to OP's future as a Starbucks barista after graduating for Florida Coastal or Thomas Jefferson.

Also, sweet necro.

Konner

Postby Konner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:56 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Konner wrote:If you want to attend a law school with questionable placement numbers, then do it but make sure you go to the law school you actually want to attend. If nothing else, make the three years worth your time.

Your stupidity is painful. Yes, make that 3 year professional degree worth your time by graduating without a job in said professional field. But hey, maybe you will have a fulfilling three years learning about railroad injury cases and infertile cows! Super relevant to OP's future as a Starbucks barista after graduating for Florida Coastal or Thomas Jefferson.

Also, sweet necro.

Not a bad troll, but I expect more from WUSTL. Keep trying.

Konner

Postby Konner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:20 pm

mattviphky wrote:
Konner wrote:

why do you say that like it's a bad thing?

Not bad, different. If a person desires to attend law school, even a less prestigious school with questionable placement numbers, while I hope they do so fully-aware of potential problems after graduation, the decision is ultimately theirs. These kinds of posts seem to attract the "T14 or die" crowd, and I simply wanted to offer an alternate viewpoint -- even if I am going to attend T14 myself.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Konner wrote:Not a bad troll, but I expect more from WUSTL. Keep trying.

I am a lot of things on TLS, but I'm no troll.

OP's odds of getting a job, any legal job, are very small unless he gets over 160 and gets into a respectable school. That's just a fact.

Konner

Postby Konner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Konner wrote:Not a bad troll, but I expect more from WUSTL. Keep trying.

I am a lot of things on TLS, but I'm no troll.

OP's odds of getting a job, any legal job, are very small unless he gets over 160 and gets into a respectable school. That's just a fact.

And had you said that, bereft of undue antagonism, I would have had the pleasure of saying "I tend to agree." Let's go back to the beginning:

I don't see where Sammy asked if:

A) it was worth attending a school that would accept these numbers?
B) if he (he?) should abandon plans to attend law school if T14 wasn't an option.
C) if the job prospects made TTT a poor choice.

What was said: "I am content with these scores btw."

I can appreciate people wanting to arm the OP with knowledge about job prospects. Actually, I commend the attempt. But we're assuming a lot about his situation to make the leaps being made. And I'll note, Rom, that while slinging insults and being flippant may be very self-satisfying, it isn't necessary nor does it effectively convey what you wish to convey. Take that for what you will -- and best wishes for a fruitful legal career.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:25 pm

I wasn't responding to OP. I responding to you. Your post was downright retarded. I find advice like this:

If you want to attend a law school with questionable placement numbers, then do it but make sure you go to the law school you actually want to attend. If nothing else, make the three years worth your time.

to be extremely dangerous and unhelpful.

Also, you lambasted me for going outside the scope of OP's question, so maybe your hypocritical self should look in the mirror. You answered a whole bunch of questions he didn't ask, and you did so with ridiculous advice. So get off my back and stop propagating stupid information, and I won't say a word to you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”