Taking June 2012 - Advice for Strengthening RC Performance

Taking June 2012 - Advice for Strengthening RC Performance

Postby bjlee85 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:37 pm

I have the next 6 months to prepare for my second attempt at the LSAT. My first was squandered by a terrible performance in RC, and I want some advice to be able to do a consistent job in RC. I have heard some suggestions previously, such as reading "The Economist". Are there any other strategies that anyone can recommend? I want to do something, everyday, for the next six months, that will help me be able to better my RC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

I have tried the general strategies of road-mapping, predictive reading, predicting questions, and searching for answer patterns. I will try to continue to develop these skills by going through more RC passages, but I am asking for advice from those who may also have had extreme difficulties with RC and have overcome them.

Note: I had scored in the high 160's for PT's 59-62, with RC being my worst section by far - generally between -5 and -10, with little reliability, but the problem is after completing an RC section, I have almost no idea how well I performed and have no confidence in how I did.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”