LSAT v. GRE Who has some insight?

Re: LSAT v. GRE Who has some insight?

Postby 1234567890 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:43 am

Umm, I have a few suggestions:

1.) Go to the main GRE website. I'm sure they give a succinct summary of the test components and how it is organized.

2.) "Hmm...lawyer....no, maybe I'll teach philosophy....hmm or I could do political science..." You seem to have a vague sense of direction in life. You may--no, would--benefit from seeing your college career counselor about taking a career aptitude test. While you are at it you can figure out what Philosopher King really wants to do rather than what seems to be the easiest route right now.

Philosopher King

Postby Philosopher King » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:52 am

1234567890 wrote:Umm, I have a few suggestions:

1.) Go to the main GRE website. I'm sure they give a succinct summary of the test components and how it is organized.

2.) "Hmm...lawyer....no, maybe I'll teach philosophy....hmm or I could do political science..." You seem to have a vague sense of direction in life. You may--no, would--benefit from seeing your college career counselor about taking a career aptitude test. While you are at it you can figure out what Philosopher King really wants to do rather than what seems to be the easiest route right now.

These are two careers that I have been thinking about for years. Is it okay if I have two careers that I like? Attorney would be my top one but the LSAT screwed that route up so I'm going to plan B.

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:01 am

grtbooks91 wrote:
charliep wrote:as someone who has looked into this, the market for a philosophy professor is even worse than the market for lawyers

+1

Though you don't usually have debt because the PhD is paid for.

pcwcecac

Postby pcwcecac » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:14 am

Desert Fox wrote:
grtbooks91 wrote:
charliep wrote:as someone who has looked into this, the market for a philosophy professor is even worse than the market for lawyers

+1

Though you don't usually have debt because the PhD is paid for.

+1 to that!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”