just voicing my frustration

IGotMy170
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:32 am

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby IGotMy170 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:03 am

Blessedassurance wrote:
Philosopher King wrote:LSAC's policies that are illegal with regards to red flagging test scores taken with extra time.


Accept your score, retake or move on. I think the LSAT is a stupid test but your incessant rants are getting ridiculous.

A lot of people could do better with additional time.


I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 12. I took my pills for a while and then decided that you know what, ADD is controllable and just decided to not take any medication. But I want an unfair advantage now. I'm going to sue LSAC that my 171 would have been a 200 if I did not have ADD.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:11 am

swtlilsoni wrote:Hi I just want to voice my frustration
I ended up getting a 170 on the Dec 11 LSAT which I am happy about. Obviously I was shooting for higher but I am sooo glad I did not get below 170 that would have been a nightmare. So I am thankful for my score.

Then I looked at the item response sheet and noticed something crazy.
I only missed two on each of the first three sections (LR LG LR) and then missed 8 on RC!!! That is insane!! On all my PTs I never missed that much, 5 was the greatest including all 50 or so PTs I took, and the average missed was 3-4.

It's just a little frustrating because based on my performance on other sections I actually did really well and could have/should have gotten a higher score. But this freak accident of screwing up the RC dropped my score so much! It's hard to explain my frustration but if I consistenly did bad on all the sections then I'd feel like I deserved my score but other than RC I did so well otherwise!


Start a support group, everybody's doing it.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby 071816 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 am

Image

bob-loblaw
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 am

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby bob-loblaw » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 am

The same-ish thing happened to me, but with LG. Usually ace LG on most PT's but got a -10 on Dec because I panicked. Still pulled off a 165, thank god. -3 on RC, I actually DON'T know how that happened but I'm ok with it!

kertz
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:02 am

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby kertz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:41 am

.
Last edited by kertz on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby ThreeRivers » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:33 pm

It happens... it looks like RC was just the hardest section this test

In October I bombed the LG's pretty bad, but did great on the other sections / with the help of a decent curve I scored above my PT scores

User avatar
Philosopher King
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Philosopher King » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:58 pm

IGotMy170 wrote:But you want more emphasis on GPA and it has already been demonstrated a million times over why more emphasis on GPA would be ridiculous.


The only ridiculous thing is the LSAT. Would GPA emphasis be perfect. No, of course not. The world isn't perfect. It would just be better than the LSAT and make more sense, that's all. Fortunately, LSAC has left themselves vulnerable to take down because they openly flout the law.

User avatar
aarias11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby aarias11 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:09 pm

hahaha this guy with the LSAC lawsuits is the most successful trolololol ever!! hahahhaaha

lex529
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:32 am

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby lex529 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:15 pm

oh gee.
I got 169 and I'd kill for your score.
I feel your frustration, but still envy ya :D

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Ludo! » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:18 pm

aarias11 wrote:hahaha this guy with the LSAC lawsuits is the most successful trolololol ever!! hahahhaaha


Seriously. He has the same debate going in like 5 different threads

User avatar
Philosopher King
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Philosopher King » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
aarias11 wrote:hahaha this guy with the LSAC lawsuits is the most successful trolololol ever!! hahahhaaha


Seriously. He has the same debate going in like 5 different threads


Why am I said to be a troll?

User avatar
aarias11
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby aarias11 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 pm

You gotta give this guy credit though he has managed to piss people off in every thread. This is fucking hillarious people just keep feeding into it hahaha

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Philosopher King wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
aarias11 wrote:hahaha this guy with the LSAC lawsuits is the most successful trolololol ever!! hahahhaaha


Seriously. He has the same debate going in like 5 different threads


Why am I said to be a troll?

Cause people here on TLS are nice. If you post things stupid and idiotic like you have done, then TLS will give you the benefit of the doubt and think you are trolling instead of actually thinking you are really that ridiculous

User avatar
kerflux
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby kerflux » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Found it in another thread:

Sibley 2.0 wrote:my slow processing speed is a well documented disability



If this is your disability, is it a good idea to go into a field where it will so greatly inhibit you...? I think it's generally a good idea to play to your strengths

edit: slow processing speed is a disability? In and of itself...?
Last edited by kerflux on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Philosopher King
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Philosopher King » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:23 pm

kerflux wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:Found it in another thread:

Sibley 2.0 wrote:my slow processing speed is a well documented disability



If this is your disability, is it a good idea to go into a field where it will so greatly inhibit you...? I think it's generally a good idea to play to your strengths


I would be a good lawyer. It's not just me that thinks this. Ever since I was a child people have told me this. Most notably, some of my fellow jurors told me this after we finished deliberations. I have the mind for it, I love to argue, I feel strongly about justice, I just love law and courts, etc. There's a lot of reasons why this is right for me.

thederangedwang wrote:
Philosopher King wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
aarias11 wrote:hahaha this guy with the LSAC lawsuits is the most successful trolololol ever!! hahahhaaha


Seriously. He has the same debate going in like 5 different threads


Why am I said to be a troll?

Cause people here on TLS are nice. If you post things stupid and idiotic like you have done, then TLS will give you the benefit of the doubt and think you are trolling instead of actually thinking you are really that ridiculous


Stupid and idiotic? Hardly.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Ludo! » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Ok whose alt is this?

User avatar
Philosopher King
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Philosopher King » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Ok whose alt is this?


What do you mean?

User avatar
givemea170
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby givemea170 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Philosopher King, why have you not addressed what I said about the LSAT being a test that is very dependent on a timed situation?

The LSAT is USELESS if you have an hour on each section. Do you understand that? Even a dumb person could score very high on the LSAT with that much time. The reason the LSAT is a tough test is because it is pretty difficult to get through the LG and RC sections in the time they give you. That is basically what the LSAT is grading. Your reasoning skills, and more specifically, how quickly and accurately you reason.

To give you a ridiculous amount of time on the test, it is just making the test results entirely worthless to the point of the test. That is a fact, and that is why they inform schools when the test was rendered useless by extended time.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby NYC Law » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Philosopher King wrote:I would be a good lawyer. It's not just me that thinks this. Ever since I was a child people have told me this. Most notably, some of my fellow jurors told me this after we finished deliberations. I have the mind for it, I love to argue, I feel strongly about justice, I just love law and courts, etc. There's a lot of reasons why this is right for me.


Philosopher King wrote:Most notably, some of my fellow jurors told me this after we finished deliberations. I have the mind for it, I love to argue, I feel strongly about justice, I just love law and courts, etc.


Philosopher King wrote:I have the mind for it, I love to argue, I feel strongly about justice


Philosopher King wrote:I love to argue

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby bruss » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Can the mods plz check the IP of Mtal and philosopher king.

User avatar
Philosopher King
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Philosopher King » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:55 pm

bruss wrote:Can the mods plz check the IP of Mtal and philosopher king.


Whose Mtal? I'm nobody else but me. I have no other account here. Why do people think I am a double or something?

User avatar
Philosopher King
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Philosopher King » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:57 pm

givemea170 wrote:Philosopher King, why have you not addressed what I said about the LSAT being a test that is very dependent on a timed situation?

The LSAT is USELESS if you have an hour on each section. Do you understand that? Even a dumb person could score very high on the LSAT with that much time. The reason the LSAT is a tough test is because it is pretty difficult to get through the LG and RC sections in the time they give you. That is basically what the LSAT is grading. Your reasoning skills, and more specifically, how quickly and accurately you reason.

To give you a ridiculous amount of time on the test, it is just making the test results entirely worthless to the point of the test. That is a fact, and that is why they inform schools when the test was rendered useless by extended time.


Hey, the law is the law. Obviously LSAC shares your opinion but they must follow the law. Don't like the law? Then tell Congress to repeal it. Until then, your argument need not be a dressed if we are only dealing with the legal issues.

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Philosopher King wrote:
bruss wrote:Can the mods plz check the IP of Mtal and philosopher king.


Whose Mtal? I'm nobody else but me. I have no other account here. Why do people think I am a double or something?

Mtal is known for being a troll, pissing people off, posting annoying and ridiculous shit...and doing so repeatedly. You are doing a very good job of that in about 5 separate threads, hence, people think you are Mtal.

User avatar
LexLeon
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby LexLeon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm sorry that everybody is giving you a hard time, Philosopher. I hope that justice is served to you in this (and for that matter in every) situation.

I take what you've said to be true, and believe that it can be consistent for one to do poorly on the LSAT when timed traditionally, yet perform paradigmatically as an attorney.

Que Dios te bendiga.

P.S. I laud your tribute to Plato.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: just voicing my frustration

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 pm

LexLeon wrote:I'm sorry that everybody is giving you a hard time, Philosopher. I hope that justice is served to you in this (and for that matter in every) situation.

I take what you've said to be true, and believe that it can be consistent for one to do poorly on the LSAT when timed traditionally, yet perform paradigmatically as an attorney.

Que Dios te bendiga.

P.S. I laud your tribute to Plato.

This post is like a case study in trying too hard.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., cctv, Lahtso Nuggin, Pozzo and 7 guests