LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

g_gopinatz
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 am

LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby g_gopinatz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Hey folks,

What are the dimensions of the LSAT question sheet? How much scratch space does one have in the logic games section?

Right now I'm printing out electronic copies of practice tests onto letter-size paper - is this causing me to drastically overestimate the amount of space I'll have on the actual test?

Would really appreciate some help here, a spate of googling didn't really turn up anything.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:21 pm

I think the paper is your standard 8.5x11 (aka letter sized).

g_gopinatz
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 am

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby g_gopinatz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 pm

good to hear - i remember from younger days that these standardized test booklets can be odd sized.

can anyone confirm what stephinmd said?

User avatar
kerflux
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby kerflux » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:34 pm

If my computer paper fits exactly within my lLSAT prep test booklet, then the LSAT question sheets are the same size as regular 8.5 x 11 paper.

My computer paper fits exactly within my LSAT prep test booklet.

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 pm

From actual test, look 8.5x11, could be off by .25 in any direction, but if it is, hard to notice.

g_gopinatz
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 am

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby g_gopinatz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 pm

thank god. highly appreciated, all.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Be aware that the official booklet paper is more like newsprint than the laser/inkjet paper you're probably printing on. Slightly thinner, more likely to tear if erased vigorously, etc.

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby bruss » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:52 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Be aware that the official booklet paper is more like newsprint than the laser/inkjet paper you're probably printing on. Slightly thinner, more likely to tear if erased vigorously, etc.


Holy crap. Are you serious. Thx for the info.

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby dextermorgan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Letter paper is the rightsize Get used to using that much room.

User avatar
Philosopher King
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby Philosopher King » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:10 am

bruss wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Be aware that the official booklet paper is more like newsprint than the laser/inkjet paper you're probably printing on. Slightly thinner, more likely to tear if erased vigorously, etc.


Holy crap. Are you serious. Thx for the info.


He is very serious. LSAC should give us one sheet of scratch paper. But then the universe might just come to an end. God forbid! I mean, it's not like I'm asking for mechanical pencils to be allowed or anything. Now that rule makes perfect sense...

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:14 am

Philosopher King wrote:
bruss wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Be aware that the official booklet paper is more like newsprint than the laser/inkjet paper you're probably printing on. Slightly thinner, more likely to tear if erased vigorously, etc.


Holy crap. Are you serious. Thx for the info.


He is very serious. LSAC should give us one sheet of scratch paper. But then the universe might just come to an end. God forbid! I mean, it's not like I'm asking for mechanical pencils to be allowed or anything. Now that rule makes perfect sense...
I never had a problem with space. With a sharp pencil, I could even write out "every option" tables (if I got stuck) and have enough room.

OP, if you're worried about the newsprint, order one of the single PTs to see what it's like. The pages are pretty much like the actual test booklet, although the published PTs have a thicker cover.

chuffedtobits
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby chuffedtobits » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 am

No the ordered booklets are much better quality than the recycled toilet paper they administer. Too much pressure and the thing tears.

g_gopinatz
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 am

Re: LSAT sheet dimensions (for Logic Games scratch work)

Postby g_gopinatz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:45 pm

re: thickness, i wanted to use a smooth ballpoint pen for scratch work, but of course they're not allowed

a potential loophole: they do allow highlighters...

...but most highlighters are just too damn thick for delicate LG scratch work

looks like they've got us every which way, boys




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, dontsaywhatyoumean, Lahtso Nuggin, PantoroB, Tazewell and 15 guests