Low LSAT 5 years and now I want to retake it. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RachelD1022

New

Low LSAT 5 years and now I want to retake it.

Post by RachelD1022 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello, just a quick question for whoever can answer and give me a good idea of what I am up against. About 5-6 years ago I attempted the LSAT twice doing terrible! I did not prep at all I got a 142 both times. I am really ready to dedicate my time and energy to this. I got my MBA but I realize I still want to go to law school.
-Is this a good idea?
-Do my scores erase from 5 years ago?
-I plan on jumping at least 15-20 points, without hesitation. I feel I am a different person and ready to do this. Any advice or suggestions? Is this possible???

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Re: Low LSAT 5 years and now I want to retake it.

Post by Fyo'Couch » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Nope.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:00 pm

RachelD1022 wrote:Hello, just a quick question for whoever can answer and give me a good idea of what I am up against. About 5-6 years ago I attempted the LSAT twice doing terrible! I did not prep at all I got a 142 both times. I am really ready to dedicate my time and energy to this. I got my MBA but I realize I still want to go to law school.
-Is this a good idea?

If you have a job, then no. Not in this economy

-Do my scores erase from 5 years ago?

Don't believe they do, but this won't matter too much. Law schools will realize the score is old and doesn't reflect your current performance. Plus, this would be your first retake, which schools are more forgiving about. It's the third or fourth retake that raises flags.

-I plan on jumping at least 15-20 points, without hesitation. I feel I am a different person and ready to do this. Any advice or suggestions? Is this possible???

Possible? Yes, but it's on you to put in the effort. Regardless of whether you feel like a different person, it comes down to whether you have the dedication to painstakingly go through every practice question and learn from your mistakes. Check the stickied posts in this section for general study advice.
Edit: Misread your post. Third retake is about the limit, but since your scores are old, they still won't ding you too much.

D'Angelo

Bronze

Post by D'Angelo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:11 pm

LSAT scores are only valid for around five years! depending on when exactly you took it the previous ones will not submit...

RachelD1022

New

Post by RachelD1022 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Thank you D'Angelo.

I have nothing to lose with trying. I actually just contacted LSAT and my scores have been deleted. I can start fresh. I have the time and money. I figure give it one last try since it is a passion of mine. You only go around once. I will really put in the work to studying.

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:39 pm

RachelD1022 wrote:Thank you D'Angelo.

I have nothing to lose with trying. I actually just contacted LSAT and my scores have been deleted. I can start fresh. I have the time and money. I figure give it one last try since it is a passion of mine. You only go around once. I will really put in the work to studying.
Take an LSAT prep course, if you have the money. There's lots of advice on these boards to help you choose the course that's right for you. 20 points is easily doable at 142.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”