Kaplan Live Course vs. Testmasters Online Course Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JNW

New

Kaplan Live Course vs. Testmasters Online Course

Post by JNW » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a long time browser of this forum, but first time poster. I wasn't able to find the answer to this in other threads, so I hope you will be able to give me some insight...

The Live Testmasters course in Las Vegas was just canceled, and now my options are to take the Kaplan live course or the Testmasters online course. My goal is to take the Feb. LSAT, so waiting for the next class isn't an option. I'm fairly self motivated, and took the next month off to just focus on studying. I know a lot of you say that most of this stuff you can learn on your own with the right materials and motivation, but I'd really like to take advantage of my time and take a course.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. :D

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Re: Kaplan Live Course vs. Testmasters Online Course

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Take the Testmasters course. Kaplan is terrible.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:16 pm

I think it kind of depends on your teacher. My Kaplan teacher was actually pretty great, and the methods did help me. However, I seem to be in the minority on these boards.

The most important thing is whether you truly are "self-motivating," as you said. I took a live class because I knew I would never keep up with/participate in an online class. My friend who thought she was self-disciplined never did her online classes and her score suffered for it. Some people do online classes and do great. However, I would say that's a big factor to consider in choosing.

bouakedojo

Bronze

Post by bouakedojo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:16 pm

ABK

(anything but kaplan).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”