Motivation Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Paraflam

Bronze

Motivation

Post by Paraflam » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:26 am

Just wondering what everyone else uses as motivation to study when you just don't feel like looking at another LSAT question? Personally, I have pictures of the law schools I'd like to get into posted above my desk as reminders of what I'm working toward. Looking for more ideas though, if anyone's got any?

Hjones33

Bronze

Re: Motivation

Post by Hjones33 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:34 am

/
Last edited by Hjones33 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

zdamico

Bronze

Post by zdamico » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:35 am

Paraflam wrote:Just wondering what everyone else uses as motivation to study when you just don't feel like looking at another LSAT question? Personally, I have pictures of the law schools I'd like to get into posted above my desk as reminders of what I'm working toward. Looking for more ideas though, if anyone's got any?
Your avy, what you're working away from.

dkb17xzx

Bronze

Post by dkb17xzx » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:37 am

Unemployment

Ernert

Bronze

Post by Ernert » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:42 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:45 am

People's College of Law is pretty good.

But, (although I don't have any now) I seriously thought about the type of life I wanted to provide for my kids. That, and looking at employment stats for TTT and TTTT schools. It really makes you see why it's important to do the best you can on the LSAT. And, if all else fails, find a few good people to commiserate with in TLS. Join a study group, that way you're all taking the same test around the same time. It's like going to the gym...it's easier if you know someone else expects you do be doing it.

Shaggy

New

Post by Shaggy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:04 am

Motivation can come from anything or anyone, but the most important place to find it is within yourself. Whenever I felt myself burning out from practice tests, I would immediately go work out at the gym or go out to eat with friends. Best thing to do is to take your mind off the test for a while, enjoy something you are really good at, and when you come back you will be refreshed and ready to go. I think everyone has a lot of motivation when they begin studying, but they start losing it after 8 weeks of hardcore PTing. You need to find a way to balance your life in order to maintain your energy to rock the LSAT.

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Ahaha, I cannot even count the number of LSAT study sessions that turned into naps. But for me, when I really needed to hunker down, I would think about what I would rather do: do well on the LSATs, or stay at my inane job another year. Great motivator!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:07 pm

I think of the life that I would have if I don't go to law school and that is plenty motivation. It's almost like a scare tactic really.

bouakedojo

Bronze

Post by bouakedojo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:07 pm

dturnbull87

New

Post by dturnbull87 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:57 am

Boobs and the promise thereof

MLBrandow

Bronze

Post by MLBrandow » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:20 am

Paraflam,

Consider a law school you're interested in. Now consider that with a great score, you can potentially go there for free. Maybe putting in the requisite hours is worth as much as $100,000 or more in potential scholarship money.

How much do you suppose you are making per hour now? If it takes 500 hours of serious study to achieve the 175 that gets you a $100,000 scholarship to one of your choice schools, is it worth it?

In short, to reiterate a TLS adage: "A better LSAT score can be the difference between attending the law school of your choice, and attending the law school of your choice for free."

Study hard and do your best on the test. If you can't motivate yourself, ask yourself why? Is it because you don't think you have a shot at the top schools? Or don't have a shot at a top score? Or you only need score X to get into University of Y? Are you settling? Complacent? Are you having doubts about law school?

Once you reassess your situation, I believe you'll either find the motivation to study hard, or come to the realization that law school may not be for you. In my case, in two previous instances of doing this (in 2007 and again in 2009), I've changed my mind about law school. I've been a member of this forum for six years, and yet here I am preparing once again to take the LSAT with as much vigor as ever.

I hope you, too, can find your motivation.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:41 am

Oh young one, how little ye yet know.
:roll:
dturnbull87 wrote:Boobs and the promise thereof

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:46 am

Get dumped by an HLS student.

Worked for me anyway.

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:47 am

Legally blonde anyone?
IAFG wrote:Get dumped by an HLS student.

Worked for me anyway.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:36 am

http://www.wimp.com/wantsuccess/

Also, I consider it a job. How hard would you work for $30,000 a year for three years?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 pm

what does that video have to do with a $30k salary?
Are you saying that's what we pay in to go to law school so we should act like we are working to get paid that much?
If so I can see the point behind if you are paying to be there, might as well get your payments value out of it.
Is that even close to what you were trying to say?
Scotusnerd wrote:http://www.wimp.com/wantsuccess/

Also, I consider it a job. How hard would you work for $30,000 a year for three years?

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Failure is enough motivation for me.

Edit: and bragging rights, of course.

bdeebs

Bronze

Post by bdeebs » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:01 pm

furcifer wrote:what does that video have to do with a $30k salary?
Are you saying that's what we pay in to go to law school so we should act like we are working to get paid that much?
If so I can see the point behind if you are paying to be there, might as well get your payments value out of it.

I'm thinking he means the first video is what he uses for motivation, and then as a side note mentions that he thinks of prep as a job because there could potentially be $30K/year of scholarship money on the line.

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 pm

yeah the scholarship thing makes sense. I thought he just was into sweaty blackguys or something........ Keeping a fullride is a big deal though. I can see that.
bdeebs wrote:
furcifer wrote:what does that video have to do with a $30k salary?

I'm thinking he means the first video is what he uses for motivation, and then as a side note mentions that he thinks of prep as a job because there could potentially be $30K/year of scholarship money on the line.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:31 pm

--ImageRemoved--

chiro

New

Post by chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 am

Scotusnerd wrote:--ImageRemoved--
You don't think $30,000 is a big deal? Why?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”