How do you work through the Cambridge LR packets? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
man_utd_4l

New

How do you work through the Cambridge LR packets?

Post by man_utd_4l » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Hey TLS,

I recently decided to delay my LSAT until June in order to try and maximize my score. I have a good grasp on the LR question types and have already been through the Cambridge LR packets with an accuracy rate above 90% on all the question types . However, I am looking to take that next step. I understand that LR perfection (or near perfection) is about pattern recognition and I feel that I can get more out of these LR bundles. Outside of going through the questions, reviewing the argument core, and evaluating the correct and incorrect answer choices (which I have already done), is there anything else that others have done to help with LR pattern recognition? What does your system of reviewing look like?

Furthermore, what would everyone suggest I do at this point? Would it be a good idea to reprint the bundles and go through the questions a second time and compare my process to my first time through?

anela00

Bronze

Re: How do you work through the Cambridge LR packets?

Post by anela00 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Unfortunately I don't have any advice for you, but your avatar is awesome.

man_utd_4l

New

Post by man_utd_4l » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Bump

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:38 pm

I highly recommend SuperPrep. (I'm sure you've heard of it but...) It has an LSAC written review of 3 full tests. Taking the tests and reviewing everything I got wrong on my own, thinking those through, and then reading the LSAC explanations thereby thinking it all again and developing a more complete understanding of the questions has really helped me.

If you really want to perfect LR...
I would suggest exposing yourself to at least a little LR each day, unless you're going at a pace that would make it so you cannot pick up that pace and still have enough material when June draws nearer. Run through Killoran's LR 'bible' at least once; it's quite helpful as well. And (you may already have this covered although...) just reading (the good stuff) and thinking intellectually and critically in general definitely helps.

You've got a lot of time between now and June and total potential to perfect your Logical Reasoning.

man_utd_4l

New

Post by man_utd_4l » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:59 pm

Lex,

Thanks for the advice. I have already gone through the LR Bible (along with the Manhattan LR book and the Velocity LSAT materials). I think you are absolutely right that it would be beneficial to go through the questions at a consistent rate from now until June. In terms of the Super Prep, I own the book and was planning on going through it in the near future. I have read other people's explanations of LR questions in the past, but reading the official LSAC explanations will certainly help.

Thanks for your suggestions and words of encouragement

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”