When to retake if I do?

When to retake if I do?

Postby kdoyon812 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:08 pm

I suspect that I may end up having to retake the LSAT depending on my December scores. I want to go to at least BC or BU and I think my score will probably be only good enough for Northeastern this late in the game so I am considering sitting this cycle out depending on my score.

I am wondering, if I do have to retake, does anyone have any suggestion from experience on the best time to retake it? The only prep that I did for december was self prep over about a month and half give or take. I went through the Powerscore Logic Games and Logical Reasoning Bibles (faster than I would have liked) and did about 10 or 11 practice tests. The practice tests that I did were always done in timed sections, but I usually did 2 or 3 sections at a time, I only did 4 consecutive once I think and never 5. I was PTing around 165.

If I do retake and apply next cycle I will want to apply as early as possible (as soon as apps open) so that leaves me with February or June. Would people recommend retaking it in June, with February so close? That would give me October to fall back on if for some reason I needed to retake again. I fear that 5 months might be TOO much time to leave myself and I might run out of prep materials, has that happened to anyone?

Re: When to retake if I do?

Postby hooma » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:26 pm

I would suggest June to give yourself plenty of time. February will probably be too late for this cycle, anyway. I don't think you'll run out of prep materials if you use them correctly. How carefully did you review your PTs? You can get a lot of value out of a few PTs if you use them to their full potential.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”