Question.... Debate

schizoapplixant

Question.... Debate

Postby schizoapplixant » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Couple things. First off, for all you smart asses out there what in your opinion is a respectable LSAT score. Secondly, I thought the December sitting was relatively easy. The LR sections had some clever traps and the last reading comp passage was difficult but other than that test was a straightforward affair. The games to me were pretty easy. This is coming from someone who typically has had a hard time with games ( -8 to -10 on most practice tests) and practice test average of 164. I would say if you managed your time well then it should not of been too bad. To answer my own question I think a 165 or higher is respectable but I am an African American male and I have been led to believe that minorities are in good shape with a score higher than 160. Cheers and good luck with your scores....if we ever get them.

Scotusnerd

Re: Question.... Debate

Postby Scotusnerd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:07 pm

A "respectable" LSAT score is one that gets you into your target school, hopefully with money.

I don't see how you can claim that a "respectable" LSAT score is higher than xx% of the group that takes the test without it being a subjective opinion with no real usefulness. Not unless you go below 50% at least.

NomNom

Postby NomNom » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:06 am

Wat

oaken

Postby oaken » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:14 am

NomNom wrote:Wat

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:54 am

schizoapplixant wrote:Couple things. First off, for all you smart asses out there what in your opinion is a respectable LSAT score. Secondly, I thought the December sitting was relatively easy. The LR sections had some clever traps and the last reading comp passage was difficult but other than that test was a straightforward affair. The games to me were pretty easy. This is coming from someone who typically has had a hard time with games ( -8 to -10 on most practice tests) and practice test average of 164. I would say if you managed your time well then it should not of been too bad. To answer my own question I think a 165 or higher is respectable but I am an African American male and I have been led to believe that minorities are in good shape with a score higher than 160. Cheers and good luck with your scores....if we ever get them.

If you want to be respectable, immediately disconnect any notion of respect from your LSAT score. People here will give you the wrong impression. A score is a score, a degree is a degree, a career is a career, and all that matters is that you're happy in the end. If that sounds silly, try different combinations of failure/success until you understand me. It's not just feel-good bullshit.

A 165 is over the 90th percentile, and that's among the (presumably) high-achieving sample of college graduates who ever take this test. Don't set the bar lower for yourself for being URM though. In fact, something that would be pretty damn respectable is getting into your dream schools on your own merits and not relying on any racial factors. If you can get a 165, you can probably hit 170 if you work at it. You'd have your pick of just about any school (assuming your GPA is good), and most of them you'd have your pick even if you were white.

If you thought December was easy, well... let's see how you did. Here's hoping for tomorrow ;)

Alan

Postby Alan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 am

A 160 is respectable.

A 165 is very respectable.

A 170 is impressive.

Those are my standards. I have yet to impress myself.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:25 pm

schizoapplixant wrote:Couple things. First off, for all you smart asses out there what in your opinion is a respectable LSAT score. Secondly, I thought the December sitting was relatively easy. The LR sections had some clever traps and the last reading comp passage was difficult but other than that test was a straightforward affair. The games to me were pretty easy. This is coming from someone who typically has had a hard time with games ( -8 to -10 on most practice tests) and practice test average of 164. I would say if you managed your time well then it should not of been too bad. To answer my own question I think a 165 or higher is respectable but I am an African American male and I have been led to believe that minorities are in good shape with a score higher than 160. Cheers and good luck with your scores....if we ever get them.

what.

slsplease

Postby slsplease » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:41 am

Well everyone here seems to believe that without being in a T14, the chances of wallowing in debt-ridden poverty for 30 are high and for me I would need about a 167 to give myself a reasonable chance at the bottom 6... I respect the importance of the test.

omninode

Postby omninode » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 am

Learn grammar.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:51 am

omninode wrote:

Learn grammar.

It's an internet message board.

slsplease

Postby slsplease » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
omninode wrote:

Learn grammar.

I bet people who pee in the shower use similar lines of reasoning.

FratLaw

Postby FratLaw » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:A "respectable" LSAT score is one that gets you into your target school, hopefully with money.

This!

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 pm

People who use peeing in the shower analogies are super smart.

Manhattanman

Postby Manhattanman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:41 pm

slsplease wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
omninode wrote:

Learn grammar.

If the original poster cannot ask his/her question with perfect grammar then how can we be expected to take the time out of our important lives to help this person.... gimme a break. Why post just to criticize the original poster? If you don't like what they have to say or how they say it don't answer them.

Mid 160's is a solid score. High 160's is impressive. Good luck.

schizoapplixant

Postby schizoapplixant » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:28 pm

165. Thanks for your opinions yall.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”