June Retake Tactic Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pancho

New

June Retake Tactic

Post by pancho » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:34 am

If I register for the June 2012 LSAT as a means of negotiating scholarship money per the tactic described at http://www.top-law-schools.com/retaking-the-lsat.html will LSAC notify the schools to which I have already submitted applications? Does a new report need to be generated? All applications are under review, status checkers indicate no future LSAT registrations, and I will not be submitting any more applications this cycle.

Has anyone had success with this strategy? Any thoughts on whether notification of such retake plans would have a detrimental or beneficial impact on outstanding applications?

bk1

Diamond

Re: June Retake Tactic

Post by bk1 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:42 am

It will work with some schools, but not all.

pancho

New

Re: June Retake Tactic

Post by pancho » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:00 am

bk187 wrote:It will work with some schools, but not all.
You mean the tactic itself will work with some schools, not with others? I expect as much.

I am more curious as to 1) whether LSAC will notify the schools to which I have applied this cycle and, if so, 2) how schools will view plans for a retake. Will they think I am going to game them later, will they YP because they think I realize I tested below my potential and will not accept their offer, etc.

Ideally I would not register until I have heard back from all the schools but that runs the risk of losing first choice testing centers.

eta: the schools in question are evenly distributed throughout the top 25.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”