October LSAT & rolling admissions

October LSAT & rolling admissions

Postby ikm212 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m currently in junior year and am planning to apply to law schools during my senior year.

I am debating whether I should take the LSAT in February (in time for a June retake) or in June (in time for an October retake)
I am tempted towards the latter, since that would give me 4 extra months to prepare for the test. I’m worried, however, that I would be placed at a disadvantage at rolling admissions applications (e.g. for Harvard – whose application opens in September) if I am forced to rely on my October retake.

In other words, would I be placed at any sort of disadvantage at rolling-admissions schools (particularly those whose applications open in September) if I were to use an October score? Thanks!

Re: October LSAT & rolling admissions

Postby iamrobk » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Taking it in October means you won't be in the first group of acceptances at many schools, but certainly isn't a big disadvantage. That said, take the LSAT when you're ready. If you're ready in February, take it then. If not, June.

Re: October LSAT & rolling admissions

Postby 062914123 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”