Best NYC Test Center

lsat2011

Best NYC Test Center

Postby lsat2011 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:41 am

What's the best test center in NYC? I'm retaking in June 2012. Thanks!

inthebeginning

Re: Best NYC Test Center

Postby inthebeginning » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Anyone?

NYCLSATTutor

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:16 pm

CUNY Law is good. Generally the law schools have good test centers and good desks. The colleges/Metro pavilion usually have flip up desks.

PigBodine

Postby PigBodine » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:08 pm

I took it at NYLS. they seemed to be a little disorganized -- we didn't start until after 11:30, the proctors were confused as to whether the sections were 30 or 35 minutes, and the alarms that they set constantly went off at inappropriate times. on the other hand, the desks were enormous, which is the biggest thing, in my opinion. I've heard some horror stories about those folding-down combination chair/desk things, and you get a lot more space than you need. I was really dialed in when I was taking the test, and the bad proctors didn't bother me. if you feel like you might be easily distracted, it might not be the best choice -- when the proctor gave the 'five minutes left' warning with ten minutes left, kids were absolutely freaking out. the proctor was really adamant that there were five minutes left up until the point when she realized that she was either going to agree with what people were saying*, or she was going to have a full-fledged mutiny on her hands.

*yelling

inthebeginning

Postby inthebeginning » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Lol it was probably proctored by the NYLS professors

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”