I Am Feeling Dumb

jared6180

I Am Feeling Dumb

Postby jared6180 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:33 am

using the LSATBlog 6 month Day-by-day study guide. Did the reading, and thought I was getting it. Did the recommended LSAT LGs and for the first two was feeling iffy, then I got the second two and felt like a fish out of water for those, did I miss something???

READING: 279-292 LGB
Games: PT 38- Game #1, PT 33- Game #1, PT 29- Game #3, PT 29- Game #4

notaznguy

Re: I Am Feeling Dumb

Postby notaznguy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:06 am

It's all about practice. If you're having problems with games, the best thing you want to do is find out which games you're struggling with and then drill many of those.

If the 2 games you struggled with are, for instance, grouping games, then you need to go over that section on the Bible again and drill tons of grouping games until you "get it"

bp shinners

Re: I Am Feeling Dumb

Postby bp shinners » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:21 pm

If it helps, it's quite normal to feel dumb while studying for the LSAT. A lot of the test is unintuitive, and it tests areas of your reasoning that aren't necessarily commonly tested. It also sometimes hinges on a small word to which your brain isn't used to paying attention. Don't let it get you down - just keep working at it to get better!

If you're feeling like a fish out of water, that means that the basics of the game aren't clicking. Find out what type of game they are (grouping, ordering, combo) and review the notes on them. 90% of grouping games come down to 4 relationships, so if you have them memorized (one follows another, can't be both, at least one, must be together), you can generally start mopping the floor with them. Same with ordering games - they come down to ordering chains, blocks, options, and conditionals. Once you get the basics down, you just need to convince yourself that, no matter how hard they try to mask it, any LG is going to come down to these basic principles that you have down pat, and you just have to figure out how to apply them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”