Blueprint different in LG than PowerScore and Manhattan?

Success180

Blueprint different in LG than PowerScore and Manhattan?

Postby Success180 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 am

Hello, friends!

I am currently studying the LG PowerScore Bible and Manhattan LG Guide. Is it worth also signing up for the Blue Print online course?

I am aiming to get the top score, and I do not want to miss any trick that can give me the edge. Please let me know if I would learn something different than what I am learning through PS and Manhattan.

Thanks!

bp shinners

Re: Blueprint different in LG than PowerScore and Manhattan?

Postby bp shinners » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Hey Success,

As I've said before, the LG methods of us (BP) and PS are different ways of representing the same underlying logic. Some methods work better for people than others. Obviously, we think ours are superior, but they're certainly at least different. You'll get a different set of tools if you sign up with us. Some have found it useful to learn both - if you can explain how we both derived our methods, you've got the logic down pretty well. We'll also give you a different set of tricks than PS offers (because everyone's got their own little time-saving methods).

I'm sure someone will post here with their own experience, but I've had plenty of students who learned both methods and felt better because of it. You say you're aiming for a top score - how long have you been studying, and how well are you doing in the section? If you're almost perfect, but not quite there, it might be overkill to take the video course - I'd keep doing what you're doing until you hit a wall. If you've been working with PS for awhile and it just isn't clicking, it might be worth it to check out our approach.

If you have any specific questions about the differences, shoot me a PM.

Success180

Re: Blueprint different in LG than PowerScore and Manhattan?

Postby Success180 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Thank you, bp shinners!

Your response is very helpful.

Obviously you would argue that BP's methods are superior overall, but I'd like to know if there are particular games in which BP offers a radically different and superior method. For example, I think Manhattan presents the best methods for Relative Ordering (loose sequencing), Binary Grouping (In/Out), and Open Assignment (matching). I enjoy's PS's concepts of creating Not-Laws. I find both PS and Manhattan better than Kaplan. So, basically, I'd like to know if you, or someone who has taken the course, could tell me if there are specific games or concepts in which BP is superior to Manhattan and/or PS.

Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”