People who got above 170's, should I stop watching TV? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bernaldiaz

Gold

Re: People who got above 170's, should I stop watching TV?

Post by bernaldiaz » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:27 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:I watch a ton of TV, although I avoid the absolute worst of it (Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, Survivor, etc.) Unless I'm reading a book, the TV is probably on at my house.

Hell, I studied for the LSAT with the TV on, as part of my plan to inure myself to distractions.
Dude, you're intense. Every time you post on LSAT related things its about some self imposed restriction you placed on yourself. Very impressive

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:10 pm

I've almost completely quit drinking, as it dulls my wits. And I'm going to need them all! This is not chump change for a Navy man...

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:40 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:I watch a ton of TV, although I avoid the absolute worst of it (Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, Survivor, etc.) Unless I'm reading a book, the TV is probably on at my house.

Hell, I studied for the LSAT with the TV on, as part of my plan to inure myself to distractions.
Dude, you're intense. Every time you post on LSAT related things its about some self imposed restriction you placed on yourself. Very impressive
Really? That doesn't sound like me! I definitely made sure I could work through distractions, but I can't think of anything else weird I did.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but LOLNO.

zanda

Silver

Post by zanda » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:25 pm

I studied about 9 hours a week. I don't think that punishing yourself will help you do better on the LSAT. You can always do that during law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

7ED

Bronze

Post by 7ED » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Why would u stop watching TV? You want to put urself into a comfortable routine thats consistent. As long as u are doing ur practice tests consistently you should be fine. Also, your diagnostic has NOTHING to do with your final test score. I've been teaching the LSAT both on my own and privately for 2 years now, and almost everyone scores in the 140s on their diagnostic.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Didn't own a TV while I studied for the LSAT. Moved to the middle of nowhere. Didn't have any friends. Quit drinking. Never broke 170.

I enjoy law school though. Law school exams are fun.

Royal

Bronze

Post by Royal » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 pm

LOL, I hope this is a troll question. I scored in the low 170s. Every day for 4 or so months leading up to the LSAT I either studied for 2-4 hours or took a practice test. I did not cut out TV, internet, socializing with friends, or anything else.

But, given that most people in law school are awkward as hell, you'll probably fit right in.

roranoa

Silver

Post by roranoa » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 am

Royal wrote:LOL, I hope this is a troll question. I scored in the low 170s. Every day for 4 or so months leading up to the LSAT I either studied for 2-4 hours or took a practice test. I did not cut out TV, internet, socializing with friends, or anything else.

But, given that most people in law school are awkward as hell, you'll probably fit right in.
Wow, you sound like a super mainstream well-rounded person unlike almost anyone in law school!!! It must be awesome to look down on other people that aren't like you.

(And yes, this question was asked in a somewhat joking manner)

edited: spelling
Last edited by roranoa on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

American_in_China

Bronze

Post by American_in_China » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:39 am

You should watch NPR and try to wade through all the BS that the spokesmen spout. I imagine it's much like reading comprehension.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 pm

American_in_China wrote:You should watch NPR and try to wade through all the BS that the spokesmen spout. I imagine it's much like reading comprehension.
Watch NPR?

Royal

Bronze

Post by Royal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:22 am

roranoa wrote:
Royal wrote:LOL, I hope this is a troll question. I scored in the low 170s. Every day for 4 or so months leading up to the LSAT I either studied for 2-4 hours or took a practice test. I did not cut out TV, internet, socializing with friends, or anything else.

Wow, you sound like a super mainstream well-rounded person unlike almost anyone in law school!!! It must be awesome to look down on other people that aren't like you.

(And yes, this question was asked in a somewhat joking manner)

edited: spelling

JAJAcinco

New

Post by JAJAcinco » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:56 pm

To get above 170, you (usually) have to devout a lot of time to studying
To devout a lot of time, you gotta find a way to make studying as bearable as possible

if cutting out TV is gonna hurt your bear-o-meter, i would recommend against it

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”