Addenda!

barneytrouble

Addenda!

Postby barneytrouble » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 am

woops wrong forum
Last edited by barneytrouble on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willwash

Re: Addenda!

Postby willwash » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:56 am

barneytrouble wrote:first, does my situation qualify as what they are talking about with question 1? or is that more like for if you get caught cheating on a test? better safe than sorry i guess right

Question 1: Have you ever been subject to verbal or written disciplinary action (e.g., informal or formal reprimand, suspension, dismissal, etc.) for scholastic or other reasons in any of the colleges, universities, graduate or professional schools you have attended, or by any employer?

Conduct Addenudum – Question 1
In the Spring of 2008 I became severely ill towards the end of the semester affecting my class attendance and ability to study, resulting in a 0.7 GPA for the semester. This temporarily placed me on academic probation, and then I received a retroactive medical withdrawal, removing that semester’s grades from my transcript and restoring my GPA to an acceptable level to be removed from academic probation.

---------------------------------------------------------

Conduct Addendum – Question 3
In April of 2009 I was arrested for DUI in Grant County, Kentucky. This charge was subsequently reduced to a Reckless Driving.

In September of 2010 I was ticketed for an open container violation in Gainesville, Florida. I participated in a deferred prosecution program and this charge was subsequently dismissed.

This behavior is no longer indicative of my character and I have learned from these incidents to exhibit better decision making in all of my actions.

Q3 addendum too concise?

Addendum 1 probably won't hurt you. Addendum 2 might, but it's better than not including it at all.

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:03 am

Not to be mean, but wrong forum. Definitely wrong forum.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

barneytrouble wrote:This behavior is no longer indicative of my character and I have learned from these incidents to exhibit better decision making in all of my actions.

Q3 addendum too concise?

Two alcohol-related offenses, with only ~1 year between the latest and now, mean that you can't just brush them off with "I have learned..." As part of the deferred prosecution program, did you attend any alcohol treatment programs? If so, I'd include that info.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Yeah, you need to put some thought into question 3 because that's recent stuff and it doesn't appear that you have learned from your mistakes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”