superprep A, got 157 :(

naillsat

superprep A, got 157 :(

Postby naillsat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:38 am

under simulated environment, i did the LSAT superprep A and got a pathetic 157 today.

missed 7 in LR1, 8 in RC, 3 in LG,and 11 in LR2. after a careful analysis, i found that most of my lr missings are due to rush or careless. I've used Daniels LR categorization to do some drilling, but need to finish a bigger part of it.

the second RC article has a few dumbass words that stumbled my speed and accuracy.
The LG section is easy with about 20 minutes spent on the first three problem sets, but the last one took about 12 minutes (undefined Grouping).

if i was more careful, could have hit 160 today. I have signed up for the feb test, but i look to hear your suggestions for my study. should i do a lot of drilling and do timed single sections or keep doing simulated LSAT - take 4 sections in one sit?

my goal is 172 on the real thing, possible?

ADks

Re: superprep A, got 157 :(

Postby ADks » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 am

I would take it untimed...make sure you understand the content...once you have mastered the content then start timing yourself.

MachineLemon

Postby MachineLemon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 am

Yes, it is possible to get well above 170 with a 157 cold score. Should you be taking it in Feb? No. Do not sign up for the test until you are ready. Feb is really too late to apply anyway.

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:03 am

naillsat wrote:under simulated environment, i did the LSAT superprep A and got a pathetic 157 today.

missed 7 in LR1, 8 in RC, 3 in LG,and 11 in LR2. after a careful analysis, i found that most of my lr missings are due to rush or careless. I've used Daniels LR categorization to do some drilling, but need to finish a bigger part of it.

the second RC article has a few dumbass words that stumbled my speed and accuracy.
The LG section is easy with about 20 minutes spent on the first three problem sets, but the last one took about 12 minutes (undefined Grouping).

if i was more careful, could have hit 160 today. I have signed up for the feb test, but i look to hear your suggestions for my study. should i do a lot of drilling and do timed single sections or keep doing simulated LSAT - take 4 sections in one sit?

Building the logical and analytical skills necessary to get a 172 LSAT are a matter of time and correct progression/guidance. If you are having problems with RC your progression path will be harder.

Just get off TLS, put your head down, and work like crazy. Self confidence and humility/ the ability to honestly critique yourself without becoming a self-defeatist is key to getting a 172 LSAT.

If you just want anecdotal evidence to provide confidence to you, I cold tested at a 143, almost flunked my senior year of high school, was morbidly obese, and failed my entrance exams to community college.... I never got lower than a 170 for my last 6 weeks of prep, got a 3.85 GPA from a top undergrad, married a beauty queen and got fit, and am now at The University of Chicago with two big law jobs and a great GPA.

ColumbiaChamp

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:10 am

TaipeiMort wrote:
naillsat wrote:under simulated environment, i did the LSAT superprep A and got a pathetic 157 today.

Building the logical and analytical skills necessary to get a 172 LSAT are a matter of time and correct progression/guidance. If you are having problems with RC your progression path will be harder.

Just get off TLS, put your head down, and work like crazy. Self confidence and humility/ the ability to honestly critique yourself without becoming a self-defeatist is key to getting a 172 LSAT.

If you just want anecdotal evidence to provide confidence to you, I cold tested at a 143, almost flunked my senior year of high school, was morbidly obese, and failed my entrance exams to community college.... I never got lower than a 170 for my last 6 weeks of prep, got a 3.85 GPA from a top undergrad, married a beauty queen and got fit, and am now at The University of Chicago with two big law jobs and a great GPA.

this is so BAWSE.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:29 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:

#thuglife

unitball

Postby unitball » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:29 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:If you just want anecdotal evidence to provide confidence to you, I cold tested at a 143, almost flunked my senior year of high school, was morbidly obese, and failed my entrance exams to community college.... I never got lower than a 170 for my last 6 weeks of prep, got a 3.85 GPA from a top undergrad, married a beauty queen and got fit, and am now at The University of Chicago with two big law jobs and a great GPA.

had to log in just so i can log out and go study because of this post. :lol:

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:

So you actually were not BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT?

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:13 am

naillsat

Postby naillsat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:44 am

big overnight improvement on LR: only missed 4 in PT47 (BOTH LR sections combined). i dont think pt47 is significantly easier than superprep A. :)

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:49 am

TaipeiMort wrote:.

Y u delete this gem about you eating a mouse. Twas lulzy.

naillsat

Postby naillsat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:58 am

Grizz wrote:

i was wondering whether he ate the mouse alive or fully cooked. lol

TaipeiMort

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 am

naillsat wrote:
Grizz wrote:

I didn't know it meant so much to you, or I wouldn't have deleted it. When I was morbidly obese I ate a mouse so that my friend would go on a date with a girl I liked, but knew I wouldn't have a chance with, and wanted to live vicariously through him. It was frozen and raw from a pet store.

naillsat

Postby naillsat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:52 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:
naillsat wrote:
Grizz wrote:

I didn't know it meant so much to you, or I wouldn't have deleted it. When I was morbidly obese I ate a mouse so that my friend would go on a date with a girl I liked, but knew I wouldn't have a chance with, and wanted to live vicariously through him. It was frozen and raw from a pet store.

you had the gut of eating a mouse, why didn't you go dating the girl you liked? this is off-topic of course.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:57 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:
naillsat wrote:
Grizz wrote:

is this for real?

guinness1547

Postby guinness1547 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:
naillsat wrote:
Grizz wrote:

Everyone knows mice are brain food. I ate 4 right before my LSAT! Come on 180!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”