Cancel or Not?

hooping43

Cancel or Not?

Postby hooping43 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:28 am

So I just took the December LSAT and basically freaked on the last RC and filled in D's for the final 8 questions. I thought the LR wasn't too bad and I'm expecting my normal 8/9 total wrong and I though games was a bit harder than normal, so I'm expecting 2/3 wrong.

I took the LSAT in October and got a 162.

I have a feeling I am going to end up on this one with somewhere between a 160-163 and a very slim chance at 164. I know the 1 point boost would help a lot, but how would the two points lost affect look?

I know they take the higher score, but I feel as if I have a 162 and a cancel versus a 162/160, a school might cut me some more slack especially if I am on there waiting list.

Anybody know if this is true or not and/or have any additional advice.

noleknight16

Re: Cancel or Not?

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:32 am

Ride it out. Please do not cancel. It's not worth canceling unless you're applying to a school that averages (and almost none do) or you know for a fact you bombed it.

princeR

Postby princeR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:52 am

Dude, I'm literally in the EXACT same boat as you, don't cancel it, we'll ride it out together. Yes, I also guessed D on the final last passage, totally caught me by surprise and I panicked. We should try and get some confirmation about how many D's were on the last passage haha.

inflightradio

Postby inflightradio » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 am

princeR wrote:Dude, I'm literally in the EXACT same boat as you, don't cancel it, we'll ride it out together. Yes, I also guessed D on the final last passage, totally caught me by surprise and I panicked. We should try and get some confirmation about how many D's were on the last passage haha.

Also in this boat with you guys (as are a lot of people). If you're like me, chances are you'll regret it more if you cancel than if you don't. With your scores, I'm guessing you're aiming at a school ranked around the 20's. I don't believe any of those schools average, thankfully! One of my good friends a couple of years ago guessed all D's on a game she completely blanked on, and as luck would have it, she ended up with a passage that just happened to have a lot of D's. She's now at Georgetown. So you never know :)

That being said, I also had a hefty amount of D's on the last RC sprinkled in with some educated guesses... Let's just keep our fingers crossed for D's!

princeR

Postby princeR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:53 pm

inflightradio wrote:
princeR wrote:Dude, I'm literally in the EXACT same boat as you, don't cancel it, we'll ride it out together. Yes, I also guessed D on the final last passage, totally caught me by surprise and I panicked. We should try and get some confirmation about how many D's were on the last passage haha.

Also in this boat with you guys (as are a lot of people). If you're like me, chances are you'll regret it more if you cancel than if you don't. With your scores, I'm guessing you're aiming at a school ranked around the 20's. I don't believe any of those schools average, thankfully! One of my good friends a couple of years ago guessed all D's on a game she completely blanked on, and as luck would have it, she ended up with a passage that just happened to have a lot of D's. She's now at Georgetown. So you never know :)

That being said, I also had a hefty amount of D's on the last RC sprinkled in with some educated guesses... Let's just keep our fingers crossed for D's!

I literally pray every night to the LSAT God for D's lol. Come on baby, don't let us down!

thf5007

Postby thf5007 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:58 pm

So I'm in the same boat, except I went with a different letter guess LOL. You guys keeping or dropping, or like me, still thinking...

princeR

Postby princeR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 pm

thf5007 wrote:So I'm in the same boat, except I went with a different letter guess LOL. You guys keeping or dropping, or like me, still thinking...

Keeping, I definitely need to see my score. With that being said, I also am gonna take it again in February.

inflightradio

Postby inflightradio » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:47 pm

thf5007 wrote:So I'm in the same boat, except I went with a different letter guess LOL. You guys keeping or dropping, or like me, still thinking...

Still thinking, but leaning more towards keeping.

tropicanax

Postby tropicanax » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:48 pm

OMGGGGGGG EXACT SAME BOAT and EXACT same boat as OP..... cept 161. I felt really really good about LR hopeing for -6 total, and -0 for LG (i didn't think it was that bad?). but mistake on my part to start with the last passage with the most questions.... and then guessed all C's and 2 D's for the second passage.. (anyone remember? lol) -_- I'm guessing this time I got around 160-165.... but what if it's like 159 :| would that be death?

princeR

Postby princeR » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:25 pm

tropicanax wrote:

OMGGGGGGG EXACT SAME BOAT and EXACT same boat as OP..... cept 161. I felt really really good about LR hopeing for -6 total, and -0 for LG (i didn't think it was that bad?). but mistake on my part to start with the last passage with the most questions.... and then guessed all C's and 2 D's for the second passage.. (anyone remember? lol) -_- I'm guessing this time I got around 160-165.... but what if it's like 159 :| would that be death?

Than you take it again... who cares man. Just ride this shit out man, we can do it!

tropicanax

Postby tropicanax » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:01 am

are you still applyin this cycle?

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 am

I distinctly remember there being at least 1 D on the final passage. Worst case scenario, you got at least one right.

princeR

Postby princeR » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:50 am

UtilityMonster wrote:I distinctly remember there being at least 1 D on the final passage. Worst case scenario, you got at least one right.

fuckya.jpg

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”