Petitioning a retake

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Petitioning a retake

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:08 am

does anyone have experience with petitioning a 4th retake from LSAC as to get around the 3 tests/2 years rule?

KevinP

Silver

Re: Petitioning a retake

Postby KevinP » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:12 am

I don't have any experience personally, but everyone I know both on TLS and in real life has been denied the retake waiver. Although it may only be a handful of people, I'm telling you this information for two reasons. First, make sure the petition that you put together is extremely convincing. Second, be prepared to deal with a rejection and having to wait in order to retake. Best of luck to you.

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:21 am

KevinP wrote:I don't have any experience personally, but everyone I know both on TLS and in real life has been denied the retake waiver. Although it may only be a handful of people, I'm telling you this information for two reasons. First, make sure the petition that you put together is extremely convincing. Second, be prepared to deal with a rejection and having to wait in order to retake. Best of luck to you.

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. From what I keep hearing, it seems like it is very difficult to attain :(

bp shinners

Gold

Postby bp shinners » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:23 pm

The policy is relatively new, so very few people have experience with it. From talking with some people inside LSAC, however, the sense I get is that there are very few reasons that they'll grant a 4th retake. They allow you 3 shots at the test so that if you have an illness/death in the family/bad day, you have another 2 shots at it. In order to get a 4th shot, they'd need something truly exceptional to get through.

Of course, this is all speculation based on a rather short discussion with someone. It's been backed up by several of our students who tried and failed to get the waiver, though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�