Anyone feel like the next few weeks are gonna be rough?

180asBreath

Anyone feel like the next few weeks are gonna be rough?

Postby 180asBreath » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:00 am

I swear, I don't even know how to feel about Saturday's test.

LG: I did the first 2 games in 10 minutes and had ample time for the last two. I would be plum surprised if I missed one.
LR: I had 3, and I think 2 went well. There were some that I wasn't 100% sure on, but I wanted to ensure that I got to all of them - didn't want to blow the last few, like I had been doing on PT's. So, while I was able to get a great chance at solving all of them, I didn't have supreme confidence on as many as I have - before. I think I only guessed on 2, to some degree; they were parallel questions that I eliminated down to 2 AC's - by looking at the language used in the conclusion.
RC: This was bad. It was my last section of the day and 2 minutes in, I panicked. It felt like I wasn't understanding anything and I was thinking I was going to bomb; this was, historically, my worst section. I took a breath and ended up feeling pretty good about the passage; I kind of feel like I might have missed the first question. I remember having a few tough choices between two answer choices, on the first three passages. With the 2nd two passages, I felt I had a strong understanding and I think I did as well as usual. Then, with the last one, I think it was the traditionally tougher science passage. I had 10 minutes so I had plenty of time, there were just some tough inferences that might have eluded me.

I think it is possible that I missed 0 on LG, 5 on LR, and 4 on RC. I think it would be very surprising, but it could have happened. I think it's safe to assume that it is very possible that I missed 7 on LR and 8 on RC. Finally, I think it is somewhat possible that I missed 1 on LG, 10 on LR, and 9 on RC.

The worst part is the not knowing; now I, and - really - we all, need to play the waiting game. It's sick that my test is sitting there, right now, and it could be a 175; it could be a 170; it could be a 165. Oh well, just have to wait for that moment when - after clicking refresh for several hours - my LSAC page will be updated and I finally see my score.

soj

Re: Anyone feel like the next few weeks are gonna be rough?

Postby soj » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:08 am

Put it out of your mind as much as possible. Pick up a productive hobby.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 pm

You sound like you came out feeling good. Relax for a few days man, it's done 8) .

Use the next few weeks to get your apps done, have your cRs checked so you can get fee waivers, and make sure your CAS is paid for. I'm assuming you have your recs in already if you are applying this cycle. Also get that PS done so you can submit the second you get your 175 back.

180asBreath

Postby 180asBreath » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Yeah, I have to finish my statements; I think I'm gonna lay low for the rest of the day and get back to the grind stone, tomorrow.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Yeah, I feel like it could have either gone really well or could have gone to complete shit. >.<

Finals are here, so I have that to occupy my mind temporarily.... ah. I need to delete this website from my bookmark so I stop coming to it and stressing myself out. lol.

QuincyWagstaff

Postby QuincyWagstaff » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:39 am

soj wrote:Put it out of your mind as much as possible. Pick up a productive hobby.

--ImageRemoved--

guinness1547

Postby guinness1547 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:45 am

Last edited by guinness1547 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 am

These next few weeks are gonna suck... I want to apply, get accepted, and take visits. That's the funnest part of this whole process.

I think I've punched in every possible LSAT scenario into lawschoolpredictor.com. That website is like crack to me. I guess I could go on LSN and estimate scholarship chances for each range of LSAT to the schools I want to go to now.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:53 am

QuincyWagstaff wrote:
soj wrote:Put it out of your mind as much as possible. Pick up a productive hobby.

--ImageRemoved--

+1

guinness1547

Postby guinness1547 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:27 am

noleknight16 wrote:These next few weeks are gonna suck... I want to apply, get accepted, and take visits. That's the funnest part of this whole process.

I think I've punched in every possible LSAT scenario into lawschoolpredictor.com. That website is like crack to me. I guess I could go on LSN and estimate scholarship chances for each range of LSAT to the schools I want to go to now.

I'll put everything from a 160-180 on there, just to see the changes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”