Guessed on every section Dec. LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lily37

New

Re: Guessed on every section Dec. LSAT

Post by lily37 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:51 pm

Kinda in the same boat. Tempted to cancel and retake in February. Is anyone planning on taking Feb and applying for this fall? Or is it just a really bad idea...

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 am

lily37 wrote:Kinda in the same boat. Tempted to cancel and retake in February. Is anyone planning on taking Feb and applying for this fall? Or is it just a really bad idea...
Wouldn't that put you past some deadlines and very close to others, or at the very least make your app incredibly late?
I was under the impression that applying with my December LSAT score was considered late.

princeR

Bronze

Post by princeR » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:57 am

I guessed on almost all of the final passage (soil) and a fair amount of on the comparative. Can someone who thought they did well on these please tell me you answered a lot of D's...

lsacqueen

Bronze

Post by lsacqueen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 am

Cancelling and banking on getting a good Feb score means you'll be really late to apply to schools for this cycle, and consequently there will be fewer seats available. Your best bet is to stick with this score or retake and apply next cycle.

To OP - I echo the sentiments of others on here - taking a course will definitely help. I took Powerscore and found it to be very helpful, but Blueprint and Testprepguy (sp?) are reputable too. I would recommend buying the Powerscore LG and LR bibles and taking a couple practice tests before you start the course, so that you get a better feel for the material. It also sounds like you need to practice drilling - do timed practice sections, and focus on question types that you tend to get wrong and keep at those until you can do them in your sleep.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:55 am

lily37 wrote:Kinda in the same boat. Tempted to cancel and retake in February. Is anyone planning on taking Feb and applying for this fall? Or is it just a really bad idea...
Bad idea and waste of money. Study hard. Apply next cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

b33eazy

Bronze

Post by b33eazy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks for the assistance! I will be canceling my score and hit the paint for 5-10 months studying for the LSAT.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Today we learn how 120's are born.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Today we learn how 120's are born.
I was always curious how people scored in the 130's. Very educational.

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Don't you have to do worse than random chance to get 130 or less?

EDIT: Random chance will get you a raw score of 20, which is a scaled score of 125. And yet there are (theoretically) as many people under 125 as above 175. They DO exist. How is this possible?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lily37

New

Post by lily37 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 pm

What is this even in response to?

3v3ryth1ng

Bronze

Post by 3v3ryth1ng » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:42 am

b33eazy wrote:Okay, I took my Dec. LSAT and I did miserable.. The ones I guessed are below. So I guessed on most of the questions.. It was just a bad day for me.. I just chocked on the test and got stuck on some of the questions. So should I cancel? I was oping to hit the 160s and I am a urm if that matters. And I want to go to a t14 school, so should I cancel because of that? And how bad would it be if i got a low score and retook it and hit the median for Harvard, for example, could I still get in?

RC-14
LR-14
LG- finished every question up to 8 (all 8 are right)
LR-8
RC-15
Are you serious? If you are...
DON'T CANCEL, please!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:43 am

lily37 wrote:
What is this even in response to?
That people guess on the majority of the test then get a 120.

3v3ryth1ng

Bronze

Post by 3v3ryth1ng » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:45 am

princeR wrote:I guessed on almost all of the final passage (soil) and a fair amount of on the comparative. Can someone who thought they did well on these please tell me you answered a lot of D's...
First of all, that's not a good sign if you're crossing your fingers for this.

Secondly, I think this is a violation of LSAC's rules. Maybe the mods don't care since hardly anyone's talking about this test, but that's pretty much soliciting answer choices.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

princeR

Bronze

Post by princeR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:56 pm

3v3ryth1ng wrote:
princeR wrote:I guessed on almost all of the final passage (soil) and a fair amount of on the comparative. Can someone who thought they did well on these please tell me you answered a lot of D's...

Secondly, I think this is a violation of LSAC's rules. Maybe the mods don't care since hardly anyone's talking about this test, but that's pretty much soliciting answer choices.
Honestly, RC is my worst section by a long shot. I was scoring around 162-166 on my PT's while missing 10 or so on RC. I am definitely gonna take it again in February and actually work on RC and develop a strategy instead of just hoping I get interesting passages lol. Ya, I mean, I'm not too proud of the fact that so much of my score is gonna go into how lucky I got on that last passage, but I'm not gonna cancel, I know I aced the LG so I don't want to waste that.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 pm

princeR wrote:
3v3ryth1ng wrote:

Honestly, RC is my worst section by a long shot. I was scoring around 162-166 on my PT's while missing 10 or so on RC. I am definitely gonna take it again in February and actually work on RC and develop a strategy instead of just hoping I get interesting passages lol. Ya, I mean, I'm not too proud of the fact that so much of my score is gonna go into how lucky I got on that last passage, but I'm not gonna cancel, I know I aced the LG so I don't want to waste that.
I never tell a user if I think they are a troll, but if you aren't canceling because you did well the LG section, then either you're a troll or stupid.

princeR

Bronze

Post by princeR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:58 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
princeR wrote:
3v3ryth1ng wrote:

I never tell a user if I think they are a troll, but if you aren't canceling because you did well the LG section, then either you're a troll or stupid.
I'm not a troll, lol. I just really want to get my score. I know I didn't do well at all on RC, but the LR/LG went well, so I figure I might as well get the score. I'm gonna take it again in February though, so I'm not too worried about it. Also, I guess I'm not like the average user on this forum, I'm just trying to get mid-high 160's.

UtilityMonster

Bronze

Post by UtilityMonster » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:27 am

BlakcMajikc wrote: I never tell a user if I think they are a troll, but if you aren't canceling because you did well the LG section, then either you're a troll or stupid.
I don't understand this reaction. Some people have genuine difficulty with the logic games section, and doing well on it is a big deal for them. It is an easy section to just completely screw up come the actual LSAT, unlike the other sections.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

princeR

Bronze

Post by princeR » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:48 am

UtilityMonster wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote: I never tell a user if I think they are a troll, but if you aren't canceling because you did well the LG section, then either you're a troll or stupid.
I don't understand this reaction. Some people have genuine difficulty with the logic games section, and doing well on it is a big deal for them. It is an easy section to just completely screw up come the actual LSAT, unlike the other sections.
Ya, he definitely came off very hostile lol.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:44 am

princeR wrote:
UtilityMonster wrote:
Ya, he definitely came off very hostile lol.

Just giving my opinion... take it or leave it.

Not including LG, OP guessed on 41 questions... which is basically negating whatever OP did correct on the LG section. OP only got to 12/27 questions in 35 minutes on an RC sectopm. OP seems smart enough (160 on practice test) to learn how to take and how to time his/herself on the LSAT better.

OP didn't prep well, and admitted they should have spent more time prepping. Should retake. Should cancel. Seems obvious to me.

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:52 am

No don't apply this fall if you're only LSAT on the books is Feb. Studying for the June test, take a year off to get some work experience and have your apps ready by next Sep/Oct.

ExcelBaller

New

Post by ExcelBaller » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:31 pm

I think the Feb admin is pointless. Why take it if most schools will not consider your application since its late and if you are forced to reapply for the following cycle why not give yourself until June to prep. Haste makes waste. Two cents

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:45 pm

willwash wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Don't you have to do worse than random chance to get 130 or less?

EDIT: Random chance will get you a raw score of 20, which is a scaled score of 125. And yet there are (theoretically) as many people under 125 as above 175. They DO exist. How is this possible?
Lol. I suggest you go read a statistics book.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”