Guessed on every section Dec. LSAT

b33eazy

Guessed on every section Dec. LSAT

Postby b33eazy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Okay, I took my Dec. LSAT and I did miserable.. The ones I guessed are below. So I guessed on most of the questions.. It was just a bad day for me.. I just chocked on the test and got stuck on some of the questions. So should I cancel? I was oping to hit the 160s and I am a urm if that matters. And I want to go to a t14 school, so should I cancel because of that? And how bad would it be if i got a low score and retook it and hit the median for Harvard, for example, could I still get in?

RC-14
LR-14
LG- finished every question up to 8 (all 8 are right)
LR-8
RC-15

JamMasterJ

Re: Guessed on every section Dec. LSAT

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:20 pm

cancel

ColumbiaChamp

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:22 pm

what were you PTing? Its hard to imagine how you could be PTing in the 160s as you say and guess on more than half the test? But defs cancel and retake, best of luck.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:36 pm

I did well on the ones I did. My problem was that I choked and stayed on problems way too long.. For example I was on problem 8 of the LG for ten minutes..

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Are you serious? Cancel.

b33eazy wrote:Okay, I took my Dec. LSAT and I did miserable.. The ones I guessed are below. So I guessed on most of the questions.. It was just a bad day for me.. I just chocked on the test and got stuck on some of the questions. So should I cancel? I was oping to hit the 160s and I am a urm if that matters. And I want to go to a t14 school, so should I cancel because of that? And how bad would it be if i got a low score and retook it and hit the median for Harvard, for example, could I still get in?

RC-14
LR-14
LR-8
RC-15

QuincyWagstaff

Postby QuincyWagstaff » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:56 pm

b33eazy wrote:Okay, I took my Dec. LSAT and I did miserable.. The ones I guessed are below. So I guessed on most of the questions.. It was just a bad day for me.. I just chocked on the test and got stuck on some of the questions. So should I cancel? I was oping to hit the 160s and I am a urm if that matters. And I want to go to a t14 school, so should I cancel because of that? And how bad would it be if i got a low score and retook it and hit the median for Harvard, for example, could I still get in?

RC-14
LR-14
LR-8
RC-15

So, you're saying you only got to 12/27 questions in 35 minutes on RC?

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm

b33eazy wrote:I did well on the ones I did. My problem was that I choked and stayed on problems way too long.. For example I was on problem 8 of the LG for ten minutes..

You spent 10 minutes on one question!!???
moooooooooove on! Why did you think this would be a good strategy. Every question is worth the same amount of points.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Cancel.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:02 pm

LMAO.

Just get an MA in English or something. There is no JD in your future.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
b33eazy wrote:I did well on the ones I did. My problem was that I choked and stayed on problems way too long.. For example I was on problem 8 of the LG for ten minutes..

You spent 10 minutes on one question!!???
moooooooooove on! Why did you think this would be a good strategy. Every question is worth the same amount of points.

I don't know.. I just did not consider time.. I don't know if it was my lack of sleep due to stress the night before the LSAT or if I just choked..

soscurred

Postby soscurred » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:12 pm

The fact that you've posted over 40 times makes me think you're not trolling. If that's correct, and you seriously spent 10 minutes on one question and guessed that many, you need to cancel and forget everything you know about the LSAT and restart from the ground-up. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but you won't get into a T14 without significant changes.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:13 pm

QuincyWagstaff wrote:

RC-14
LR-14
LR-8
RC-15

13/27.. Like I said, I just choked.. I don't know what happened..

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:18 pm

b33eazy wrote:
QuincyWagstaff wrote:

RC-14
LR-14
LR-8
RC-15

Cancel. A lot of this is a confidence game, dude. Practice a shit ton of times so you can do it in your sleep, then go in and do it. It's that simple. That's all you can control.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:19 pm

soscurred wrote:The fact that you've posted over 40 times makes me think you're not trolling. If that's correct, and you seriously spent 10 minutes on one question and guessed that many, you need to cancel and forget everything you know about the LSAT and restart from the ground-up. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but you won't get into a T14 without significant changes.

You are correct.. I messed up. I have a plan this time around.. I just did not put enough time for the LSAT.. I put in 25hrs into the whole exam.. But I was still scoring well on my pretests.. I should have put more time in and actually took a test in similar conditions (never took a practice in the morning).. I made a plan to study AT LEAST 15hrs a week for ten months.. I just put too much time in school (getting a 4.0) this semester and the four other clubs I am involved in.. I put the LSAT on the back burner..

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:21 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
b33eazy wrote:
QuincyWagstaff wrote:

RC-14
LR-14
LR-8
RC-15

Cancel. A lot of this is a confidence game, dude. Practice a shit ton of times so you can do it in your sleep, then go in and do it. It's that simple. That's all you can control.

Yep, I agree.. I did not do enough.. I did hit a 160 on my practice test though.. So I thought I would have been fine, but I just fumbled on the real thing..

ADks

Postby ADks » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Dude, you must have been in a bad way on that test.

Everyone falls, if you want to go to [a highly ranked] law school, get back up again and kill it next time.

Cheers.

soscurred

Postby soscurred » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:25 pm

If you're aiming for a T14 with a 160 as the top of your range (and banking on your URM status), I hope there's only one thousand other people in the world like you. Not saying it's impossible, but if you actually had a T14 competitive score, your chances would be infinitely better.

Register for a real course, it sounds like you would benefit from the structured setting.

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:30 pm

soscurred wrote:If you're aiming for a T14 with a 160 as the top of your range (and banking on your URM status), I hope there's only one thousand other people in the world like you. Not saying it's impossible, but if you actually had a T14 competitive score, your chances would be infinitely better.

Register for a real course, it sounds like you would benefit from the structured setting.

I think that would help me, and I think I could top a 160 with more practice. I just have been doing it alone and would need some help to go higher, which I think I can do..

b33eazy

Postby b33eazy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:31 pm

ADks wrote:Dude, you must have been in a bad way on that test.

Everyone falls, if you want to go to [a highly ranked] law school, get back up again and kill it next time.

Cheers.

Thanks!

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 pm

b33eazy wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:
b33eazy wrote:
QuincyWagstaff wrote:So, you're saying you only got to 12/27 questions in 35 minutes on RC?

Yep, I agree.. I did not do enough.. I did hit a 160 on my practice test though.. So I thought I would have been fine, but I just fumbled on the real thing..

It's like that 'melo commercial where he's shooting jumpers all day. People think it's stressful to hit game winners, but not when you've done it a million times on the practice court. You won't freeze up if you're more comfortable with the material.

willwash

Postby willwash » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:17 am

I very rarely recommend cancel. You should cancel.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:41 am

soscurred wrote:If you're aiming for a T14 with a 160 as the top of your range (and banking on your URM status), I hope there's only one thousand other people in the world like you. Not saying it's impossible, but if you actually had a T14 competitive score, your chances would be infinitely better.

I echo this recommendation. Sign up for a class (not Kaplan). I think you'll benefit a lot.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Cancel! I recommend Blueprint's LSAT course because I loved it and I never had any structure with LSAT studying before that. Also I think you should study when you are ready, meaning when you have the most time. Even if it means after school or when you have a lighter load, the more time you have to study, the better. It's all about practice, practice, practice every single day.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:14 pm

I recommend you cancel, and then incorporate strict timing into your preparation. That many guesses will definitely knock your score down to below average levels. I second the suggestion that you take a prep course for a few months, even if you end up doing self study for the last part of your prep.

lily37

Postby lily37 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:51 pm

Kinda in the same boat. Tempted to cancel and retake in February. Is anyone planning on taking Feb and applying for this fall? Or is it just a really bad idea...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”