Anyone feeling more nervous after the test?

3v3ryth1ng

Re: Anyone feeling more nervous after the test?

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:30 am

Isn't this what the "waiting" thread is for?

schizoapplixant

Postby schizoapplixant » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:02 pm

I felt great after the test reading comp was the hardest but it wasn't the worse I've seen. The last passage was pretty diffcult though. I've noticed that every once and a while I think that I didn't make an inference on a gamesor misbubbled a complete section but then I'll remember setting the game up and including that inference or the fact that I've never misbubbled a complete section. As the actual test date get farther away we remember less and our imiginations start running wild in the wrong direction. If you felt good about the test right after taking it, then focus on that feeling. Your analysis about how you did was prob more accurate then, than a couple days later. Good luck everyone and let's hope for a great curve.

lex529

Postby lex529 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:11 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:
lex529 wrote:I thought I'd finally sleep in once the test was over; I was wrong. :cry: While I was asleep, I was still thinking about the test and debating over whether or not to cancel. This LSAT bitch is seriously sucking the life out of me, as if I'm not deprived of it enough!
Anyone who has dreamt about the worst case scenario during their first sleep after the test, please share; it would help to know that I'm not alone out here.

In my first dream, I got the score report from the lsac and it turned out to be lower than the score I got for my first test. :!: As if that weren't enough, my stupid ex showed up and told me that I wasn't a lawyer material, that I'd have to choose one from the three lowest ranking law schools, and laughed at my face. I woke up feeling shitty after only four hours of sleep.

The LSAT and its aftermath is killing me :evil: Wished I'd never had to go through it again, but here it is.

I feel pretty bad for you. I couldn't sleep at all the night before (lied in my bed for 3 hours trying desperately to fall asleep and becoming more nervous with each passing minute), and ultimately only got a measly 4 hours of sleep. However, despite not feeling like I destroyed the test, I am just relieved it is over.

Now that a few days have passed since the test, the memory of my performance is slowly slipping away and is replaced with wishful thinking - today I dreamt about a very high score. This IS bad, isn't it? Heightened expectations are definitely going to crush me ;(
Last edited by lex529 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lex529

Postby lex529 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:16 pm

cerealnmilk wrote:I retract my original post. I've realized the secret to calming the f*ck down post-LSAT:

1. Limit use of TLS/other law school forums to 30 min per day MAX. None at all preferably (I'm leaving after writing this post).

2. Anytime you start thinking about a specific question on the LSAT, start humming/singing loudly to drown out the thought (it works, and the end result is that you have an awesome song stuck in your head. Try "Jingle Bells").

3. Go Christmas/Holiday/Make Yourself Feel Better shopping. If money is an issue, go window shopping. If you hate shopping, play MW3.

4. Exercise vigorously! You cannot think about the LSAT while you exercise, and usually you're too fatigued afterward to dwell.

5. Take up (light) drinking. I felt myself stressing a bit, grabbed myself a beer and watched a movie. Felt substantially better after.

There's nothing we can do. The exam is done. Your score is what it is. Just wait another 3ish weeks and check your LSAC account for the score.

And most importantly:

--ImageRemoved--

This forum has become a new subject of obsession for me. I really should stay away, but honestly, I kind of like what's going on here - seems like many people are expecting generous curves. I know that the discussions here aren't authentic, but it's nice to be distracted from from feeling suicidal.
:cry:

lex529

Postby lex529 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:22 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:I took the October LSAT this year. For about a week after the test, I was pulling my hair out and contemplating cancelling as well. I was positive that I had bombed it. Four long weeks later, I found out my score. It was better than I had ever done on a PT.

Hang in there OP! Good news awaits you.

Really wish this happens to me. There nothing I want more than a good LSAT score - I jokingly told my friends that I am willing to sell my soul for it. They were, like, :shock: . Heres to hoping that everyone on this thread gets their dream scores.
Last edited by lex529 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lex529

Postby lex529 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:29 pm

lushes3 wrote:
lex529 wrote:I thought I'd finally sleep in once the test was over; I was wrong. :cry: While I was asleep, I was still thinking about the test and debating over whether or not to cancel. This LSAT bitch is seriously sucking the life out of me, as if I'm not deprived of it enough!
Anyone who has dreamt about the worst case scenario during their first sleep after the test, please share; it would help to know that I'm not alone out here..

yeahhh, i can't stop having anxiety attacks about absolutely everything and I know it's just LSAT anxiety spilling over. Mostly, I can't fall asleep as I just lay tossing and turning going over everything that possibly went wrong during the test but I did doze off for like half an hour and had a dream where LSAC let me re-take the test a few hours after the first one, and my hands were frozen, I couldn't bubble in the scantron at all, kind of like those dreams where you want to scream or run but you're stuck in one spot or moving in slow-mo. I hate this.

wow that's one scary nightmare. I feel better, now that it's been a few days since the test. I don't know whether to feel better about my anxiety fading away or to feel worse about my wishful thinking.

lex529

Postby lex529 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:31 pm

schizoapplixant wrote: Good luck everyone and let's hope for a great curve.

+1

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”