Anyone feeling more nervous after the test?

lex529

Anyone feeling more nervous after the test?

Postby lex529 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:42 pm

I thought I'd finally sleep in once the test was over; I was wrong. :cry: While I was asleep, I was still thinking about the test and debating over whether or not to cancel. This LSAT bitch is seriously sucking the life out of me, as if I'm not deprived of it enough!
Anyone who has dreamt about the worst case scenario during their first sleep after the test, please share; it would help to know that I'm not alone out here.

In my first dream, I got the score report from the lsac and it turned out to be lower than the score I got for my first test. :!: As if that weren't enough, my stupid ex showed up and told me that I wasn't a lawyer material, that I'd have to choose one from the three lowest ranking law schools, and laughed at my face. I woke up feeling shitty after only four hours of sleep.

The LSAT and its aftermath is killing me :evil: Wished I'd never had to go through it again, but here it is.

ashleyryan

Re: Anyone feeling more nervous after the test?

Postby ashleyryan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm

my neck hurts from it. it's so sore!

i feel relieved to be honest!

cerealnmilk

Postby cerealnmilk » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:54 pm

The week before the LSAT, I was chillin' like a villain. Minimal stress. Even the night before the LSAT, I managed to sleep 10 hours straight. I felt like I had smoked a huge LSAT-J or something.

Post-LSAT, I have become a shell of the woman I once was. I am lurking TLS like it's my full-time job, I can't eat, sleep is becoming a foreign concept, and I think my bowels are on performance enhancing drugs.

And it's only been one day. I'm either going to lose my shit over the next three weeks, or I will reach a state of complete and utter apathy towards my future. I'm aiming for the latter for the sake of my cortisol levels.

Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm fairly stressed, although im certain i got 160+, but far from the 170 i was hoping for. I've already registered for the Feb LSAT to ensure i can get a spot in my city... The $100 is worth the trouble of travelling... I guessed for the last 4 LG Qs and last 4 RC Qs... I finished both LR sections with something like 3-4 mins to spare although for one LR section (25 questions) I noticed I only bubbled in the answer choice E twice for the ENTIRE section... yet I thought I nailed that section... So if I wasn't so stupid as to not realize the sophistication of these LR questions breezing over my head, i should get something like 165... But if I really was that stupid as to not realize the LR questions passing over my head, well let's just say I'm stressing over the possibility...

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:15 pm

this week and the last week are the worst.

good luck guys, hang in there

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 am

lex529 wrote:I thought I'd finally sleep in once the test was over; I was wrong. :cry: While I was asleep, I was still thinking about the test and debating over whether or not to cancel. This LSAT bitch is seriously sucking the life out of me, as if I'm not deprived of it enough!
Anyone who has dreamt about the worst case scenario during their first sleep after the test, please share; it would help to know that I'm not alone out here.

In my first dream, I got the score report from the lsac and it turned out to be lower than the score I got for my first test. :!: As if that weren't enough, my stupid ex showed up and told me that I wasn't a lawyer material, that I'd have to choose one from the three lowest ranking law schools, and laughed at my face. I woke up feeling shitty after only four hours of sleep.

The LSAT and its aftermath is killing me :evil: Wished I'd never had to go through it again, but here it is.

I feel pretty bad for you. I couldn't sleep at all the night before (lied in my bed for 3 hours trying desperately to fall asleep and becoming more nervous with each passing minute), and ultimately only got a measly 4 hours of sleep. However, despite not feeling like I destroyed the test, I am just relieved it is over.

cerealnmilk

Postby cerealnmilk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:18 pm

I retract my original post. I've realized the secret to calming the f*ck down post-LSAT:

1. Limit use of TLS/other law school forums to 30 min per day MAX. None at all preferably (I'm leaving after writing this post).

2. Anytime you start thinking about a specific question on the LSAT, start humming/singing loudly to drown out the thought (it works, and the end result is that you have an awesome song stuck in your head. Try "Jingle Bells").

3. Go Christmas/Holiday/Make Yourself Feel Better shopping. If money is an issue, go window shopping. If you hate shopping, play MW3.

4. Exercise vigorously! You cannot think about the LSAT while you exercise, and usually you're too fatigued afterward to dwell.

5. Take up (light) drinking. I felt myself stressing a bit, grabbed myself a beer and watched a movie. Felt substantially better after.

There's nothing we can do. The exam is done. Your score is what it is. Just wait another 3ish weeks and check your LSAC account for the score.

And most importantly:

--ImageRemoved--

Postby 20130312 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:22 pm

I took the October LSAT this year. For about a week after the test, I was pulling my hair out and contemplating cancelling as well. I was positive that I had bombed it. Four long weeks later, I found out my score. It was better than I had ever done on a PT.

Hang in there OP! Good news awaits you.

ibopm

Postby ibopm » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:24 pm

I am nervous as well. The problem though, is that I felt the test went too well. Now I have these huge expectations for what kind of score I am going to get. And I'm just so scared that I'm going to be madly disappointed. =[

lelesmiles

Postby lelesmiles » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 pm

cerealnmilk wrote:The week before the LSAT, I was chillin' like a villain. Minimal stress. Even the night before the LSAT, I managed to sleep 10 hours straight. I felt like I had smoked a huge LSAT-J or something.

Post-LSAT, I have become a shell of the woman I once was. I am lurking TLS like it's my full-time job, I can't eat, sleep is becoming a foreign concept, and I think my bowels are on performance enhancing drugs.

And it's only been one day. I'm either going to lose my shit over the next three weeks, or I will reach a state of complete and utter apathy towards my future. I'm aiming for the latter for the sake of my cortisol levels.

+1

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:47 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:I took the October LSAT this year. For about a week after the test, I was pulling my hair out and contemplating cancelling as well. I was positive that I had bombed it. Four long weeks later, I found out my score. It was better than I had ever done on a PT.

As much as I dislike your avatar. That advice actually made me feel better. I am not going to kill myself now.

Postby 20130312 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:I took the October LSAT this year. For about a week after the test, I was pulling my hair out and contemplating cancelling as well. I was positive that I had bombed it. Four long weeks later, I found out my score. It was better than I had ever done on a PT.

As much as I dislike your avatar. That advice actually made me feel better. I am not going to kill myself now.

Not sure whether to respond "you're welcome" or "go kill yourself"... :lol:

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:14 pm

+1. Hope this happens to me.

guinness1547

Postby guinness1547 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:06 am

ibopm wrote:I am nervous as well. The problem though, is that I felt the test went too well. Now I have these huge expectations for what kind of score I am going to get. And I'm just so scared that I'm going to be madly disappointed. =[

I agree. I walked out of that test on cloud 9 and have been slowing tearing myself down ever since then. I'm starting to mellow out now though, nothing I can do about the score now so I might as well chill out about it.

ExcelBaller

Postby ExcelBaller » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 am

Happy to be done, but I felt like I owned Saturday now that little voice in my head is "what if..." me to death. Its in the hands of the LSAT gods I suppose. A nice size curve would be a great Christmas bonus this year.

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:20 pm

cerealnmilk wrote:I retract my original post. I've realized the secret to calming the f*ck down post-LSAT:

1. Limit use of TLS/other law school forums to 30 min per day MAX. None at all preferably (I'm leaving after writing this post).

2. Anytime you start thinking about a specific question on the LSAT, start humming/singing loudly to drown out the thought (it works, and the end result is that you have an awesome song stuck in your head. Try "Jingle Bells").

3. Go Christmas/Holiday/Make Yourself Feel Better shopping. If money is an issue, go window shopping. If you hate shopping, play MW3.

4. Exercise vigorously! You cannot think about the LSAT while you exercise, and usually you're too fatigued afterward to dwell.

5. Take up (light) drinking. I felt myself stressing a bit, grabbed myself a beer and watched a movie. Felt substantially better after.

There's nothing we can do. The exam is done. Your score is what it is. Just wait another 3ish weeks and check your LSAC account for the score.

And most importantly:

--ImageRemoved--

I agree with you here. These are definitely some good chill out tips. I guess my biggest concern is that I have not the slightest clue as to how I did. I testing in the low 160s before I took it and my biggest problem was not being able to finish lg, sometimes I would only get through 3 games, but I went through the lg and rc sections much faster than usual and now I question whether I was just in such a good zone and being efficient or if I rushed t much and sacrificed accuracy. So I could have had my best score ever or maybe did as low as a 155. Does anybody else have no clue as to how it went for them? Ether way this good advice, I'll be playing more battlefield and hitting the gym more.

iamrobk

Postby iamrobk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:27 pm

I had similar feelings about the October test. I felt very confident coming out of it, but then I came on TLS and started freaking out, especially about the LG since everyone on here was complaining about how difficult it was. I became convinced that I messed up a deduction somewhere, or something. I ended up getting a -0 in LG and scoring a point better than on any PT. So just relax and I hope you hear good news about your score!

ibopm

Postby ibopm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:33 pm

I agree with you here. These are definitely some good chill out tips. I guess my biggest concern is that I have not the slightest clue as to how I did. I testing in the low 160s before I took it and my biggest problem was not being able to finish lg, sometimes I would only get through 3 games, but I went through the lg and rc sections much faster than usual and now I question whether I was just in such a good zone and being efficient or if I rushed t much and sacrificed accuracy. So I could have had my best score ever or maybe did as low as a 155. Does anybody else have no clue as to how it went for them? Ether way this good advice, I'll be playing more battlefield and hitting the gym more.

I feel exactly the same way. I just want to know my score ASAP.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:33 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:

Not sure whether to respond "you're welcome" or "go kill yourself"... :lol:

LMFAO!

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:44 pm

ibopm wrote:

I with you here too brah. The LG and LR went too smooth and I feel myself second guessing how I did. This makes me think maybe I wasn't getting something....I guessed on 4 for the LR, which is high but I think I nailed the other LR questions. Possibly I missed 3 or 4 on LG, but I have that voice in my head saying, what if you missed a condition on the setup and you were flying through and marking the wrong answers right. Everything seemed to be falling into place too easily on the logic games. I haven't ever moved that well on the games...It's actually freaking me out. I really needed to only miss a few on the LR and LG because I am feeling sick about the RC.

cerealnmilk

Postby cerealnmilk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
ibopm wrote:

I with you here too brah. The LG and LR went too smooth and I feel myself second guessing how I did. This makes me think maybe I wasn't getting something....I guessed on 4 for the LR, which is high but I think I nailed the other LR questions. Possibly I missed 3 or 4 on LG, but I have that voice in my head saying, what if you missed a condition on the setup and you were flying through and marking the wrong answers right. Everything seemed to be falling into place too easily on the logic games. I haven't ever moved that well on the games...It's actually freaking me out. I really needed to only miss a few on the LR and LG because I am feeling sick about the RC.

Yeah, I feel ya. Like you guys are saying, I too feel like I have no idea what my score is. I can see myself both scoring 170 and 155. I remember feeling like the LG was ridiculously easy, and breezing through all 4 with time to spare. LR was decent, though nothing to write home about. RC, without a doubt, was not a good section for me.

It wasn't until I came onto TLS that I start second guessing myself, thinking that maybe I missed an inference in LG, or mis-bubbled everything.

BUT, it's important to remember that other people are not you. When other people are writing about their experiences, try to keep in mind that they are not necessarily reflective of yours. Just aim to be as confident in your abilities as possible.

baaron008

Postby baaron008 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:32 pm

I messed up at the end of LG. I was circling answers in the test booklet but not transferring, so I had to rush at the end to fill them in. I am paranoid i mis-bubbled some even though I Think I -1 or -0 the section.

Now I am infinitely more nervous than I was before or during the test and it is all I can think about. I do know that I did really well on LR and RC and wouldn't be surprised if I missed less than 4 combined on those sections.

But man am I beating myself up for not practicing with an answer sheet! DO NOT EVER PRACTICE WITHOUT ANSWER SHEETS. IT MAY BE YOUR DOOM>>>>>>>>

amores_lejanos

Postby amores_lejanos » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:39 pm

I keep convincing myself I misbubbled all of my sections. And I hate that I had to guess in the last RC passage (3-4 questions) and the last LG (only 3-4 questions). I hope my guessing strategy paid off.

Konner

Postby Konner » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:
lex529 wrote:I thought I'd finally sleep in once the test was over; I was wrong. :cry: While I was asleep, I was still thinking about the test and debating over whether or not to cancel. This LSAT bitch is seriously sucking the life out of me, as if I'm not deprived of it enough!

I feel pretty bad for you. I couldn't sleep at all the night before (lied in my bed for 3 hours trying desperately to fall asleep and becoming more nervous with each passing minute), and ultimately only got a measly 4 hours of sleep. However, despite not feeling like I destroyed the test, I am just relieved it is over.

Yeah, same. Hit the bed at 9:30, nodded off around 2:30. Add that I got up at 5:00 to head to the center, well, you have one tired Konner. In the military, I found I was more hypervigilant when fatigued, and I'll be curious to find out whether it paid off for this administration, unintended though it was.

The brain plays funny tricks on you during moments like these. You take each section for what it is, doing your best, then moving on when time is called. You can feel very confident each section and in those moments as you leave the center, you start trying to make sense of it all, to the point of questioning whether you guessed on every question. The first thing you were told is that you would have an opportunity to cancel the test here or later. The last thing you're told is there will be an opportunity to cancel days after you leave. You're excited to be done, amazed to be through with all after weeks, months of preparation, and you want to share that experience with someone. So you visit TLS, where everyone's eager to figure out what questions they got right: "Was the second question on the LG about garden gnomes answer B?" You don't remember answering B, necessarily, and question whether you got it wrong. "How about that LR concerning kitten mittens? Was the answer assumes without justification?" You recall that, vaguely, but think maybe you answered otherwise."

Unless you realized during a specific section or immediately after the end that canceling was your best bet, you're probably okay. Don't let the waiting game get the best of you.

Also, congrats fellow Dec '12 administration survivors on getting the job done!

lushes3

Postby lushes3 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:14 am

Anyone who has dreamt about the worst case scenario during their first sleep after the test, please share; it would help to know that I'm not alone out here..

yeahhh, i can't stop having anxiety attacks about absolutely everything and I know it's just LSAT anxiety spilling over. Mostly, I can't fall asleep as I just lay tossing and turning going over everything that possibly went wrong during the test but I did doze off for like half an hour and had a dream where LSAC let me re-take the test a few hours after the first one, and my hands were frozen, I couldn't bubble in the scantron at all, kind of like those dreams where you want to scream or run but you're stuck in one spot or moving in slow-mo. I hate this.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”