cancel?

ejh22

cancel?

Postby ejh22 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:54 am

Sorry for posting another canceling thread...

I took the December LSAT and things were going well until I spent too much time on one of the games and didn't finish that section - I think I didn't get to about 7 questions and bubbled in my default answer. And then the same thing happened to me on reading comp where I guessed on approximately 6 questions. LR felt okay except I guessed on the last 3 questions for one of the sections and the last 4 questions on another.

I am leaning towards canceling this score. I already have a low score on my record from October 2010 - a 158. While I think I did better than October, I'm not certain of it, and there is a chance that I scored even lower and a good chance that I scored within my score band from October.

I am not sure, though, how a 158, cancel, high score would look like to admissions committees. I've read that they usually don't think anything of one cancel but would they still put less weight in my third score because at that point I've sat for the test three times? And I'm going to write an addendum for the low score but should I also address the cancel in it? I'm aiming for a top 25/top 30 school.

Thank you!

FloridaCoastalorbust

Re: cancel?

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Hard to answer without knowing your goals, but seeing as how you guest on 20/101 questions on the test I would recommend a cancel. Statistics go your way and you pick up 4 of those guesses. Assuming you were perfect on everything else, a score of 85/101 sounds great for you but it looks quite unlikely.

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Like the above poster said, it depends on what score you want.

If you want high 160s and you are sure that you have time to study and can do amazingly on the next test, maybe you should cancel. Its kind of hard giving advice because I don't think I would ever cancel, but give it a little time and think about it.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:33 pm

FYI I canceled my first sitting at it was a great choice for me. Actually seeing the low score I probably would have received would have been extremely detrimental to my morale. I wasn't concerned about the averages as even HYS take averages every year per LSN data, so the only real concern was the potential damage it would have on my morale.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”