How did oversea takers do on the Dec 2011 LSAT?

Scuppers

Re: How did oversea takers do on the Dec 2011 LSAT?

Postby Scuppers » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Took in Shanghai. Took 3 PTs in the last week, average of 169. Have never gotten a 170.

Two LGs. First one was so easy that it was obviously experimental. Realized that before even finishing the first game. Was praying that it was real, but knew it wasn't. I usually miss 6 or so on LG. Was sure that I missed 0 on that first LG.

RC was average. I usually miss 2-3 on RC. Pretty sure I did better this time.

LRs were average. I usually miss 2-3 on LRs too. Pretty sure I did better this time.

Went into the second LG knowing it was the real section and that I was on track for a 170 assuming a standard Dec curve. Cruised through first and second games, all obvious answers. Third game gave me a lot of trouble and I was spending too much time on it, so I decided to skip to the fourth game, what I assumed would be easier, so I could crush it quick and go back to the third one. Wow. I've taken 6 PTs (less than most people here, I know), and that was the single hardest game I've ever seen. I really couldn't make heads or tails of it. Think I got the first two questions correct, then I spent at least 5 minutes on question 3. 5 minutes remaining was called, so I went back to the third game but I was just too rattled. Long story short, after what had, until that point, been a very solid test, and on track for a personal test, I crashed and burned hard. Hardest of any standardized test I've ever taken, practice or otherwise. Ended up bubbling 8 or so answers entirely at random like two minutes to go. Then I closed my test and sat there a minute or two, expressionless and broken, until time was called.

Spent the rest of the day debating canceling. Decided to let luck decide it.

TLDR: If the last six answers were E, I'll see you at Harvard. If they were A, look for me at Davis. GG no RE.

sinpo

Postby sinpo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:06 am

Scuppers wrote:Took in Shanghai. Took 3 PTs in the last week, average of 169. Have never gotten a 170.

Two LGs. First one was so easy that it was obviously experimental. Realized that before even finishing the first game. Was praying that it was real, but knew it wasn't. I usually miss 6 or so on LG. Was sure that I missed 0 on that first LG.

RC was average. I usually miss 2-3 on RC. Pretty sure I did better this time.

LRs were average. I usually miss 2-3 on LRs too. Pretty sure I did better this time.

Went into the second LG knowing it was the real section and that I was on track for a 170 assuming a standard Dec curve. Cruised through first and second games, all obvious answers. Third game gave me a lot of trouble and I was spending too much time on it, so I decided to skip to the fourth game, what I assumed would be easier, so I could crush it quick and go back to the third one. Wow. I've taken 6 PTs (less than most people here, I know), and that was the single hardest game I've ever seen. I really couldn't make heads or tails of it. Think I got the first two questions correct, then I spent at least 5 minutes on question 3. 5 minutes remaining was called, so I went back to the third game but I was just too rattled. Long story short, after what had, until that point, been a very solid test, and on track for a personal test, I crashed and burned hard. Hardest of any standardized test I've ever taken, practice or otherwise. Ended up bubbling 8 or so answers entirely at random like two minutes to go. Then I closed my test and sat there a minute or two, expressionless and broken, until time was called.

Spent the rest of the day debating canceling. Decided to let luck decide it.

TLDR: If the last six answers were E, I'll see you at Harvard. If they were A, look for me at Davis. GG no RE.

I guess you will very likely land somewhere between Harvard and Davis.

So it seems like everyone agrees that LG was difficult, especially that the last game was much more difficult than most games.
This relieves me somehwat. Can we expect generous scale(curve)? We won't know it, but I'm guessing the scale would be pretty generous..something like -13.

Scuppers

Postby Scuppers » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:01 am

Compared to the others I've taken with 11-13 curves, the LG was harder but the RC was same or easier. LR same or easier. So... I'm calling 12-13.

lex529

Postby lex529 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:40 pm

i'm thinking -12, but hoping for a -13.

princeR

Postby princeR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:49 pm

I think -12 also. The games went fairly easy for me, but I was lucky enough to have stormed through the first 2 and left myself a solid 13 minutes for each of the last 2, took my time and did a decent amount of hypos just to ensure I'd get them right. I am just regretting the RC section so much, that damn last passage...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”