How did oversea takers do on the Dec 2011 LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Glaucon

Bronze

Re: How did oversea takers do on the Dec 2011 LSAT?

Post by Glaucon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:52 pm

The real one featured craftsmen teaching needle, sewing, woodswork, etc. and had TV scheduling. I also believed it had one featuring main dishes and hot dishes.

timeless

New

Post by timeless » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:31 pm

^ are you talking about the games??
Voicemail is the real one followed by a super hard linear game that you couldnt even plug and chug to work things out...
Having done 0/-1 till PT 56 and mastering all the ones afterwards (around -1/-2 each and majorly bombing only PT 62), I thought I could kill any game out there, but this was a surprising exception.

By the way everyone is talking about the ! crap. I got two RCs and though i remember seeing that, i forget which one it is from...
There was an unprecendented 6 or so paragraph long RC about france & england. Was that the real deal?

Glaucon

Bronze

Post by Glaucon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:47 pm

what voicemail? was voice mail the first game? I think it went *voicemail*, hot foods, sewing needles woodwork, and TV blocks

I know for certain that sewing needles and TV blocks were the 3rd and 4th games respectively

Glaucon

Bronze

Post by Glaucon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:49 pm

I didn't see anything about France and England.

timeless

New

Post by timeless » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Where did you take it? I took it in Seoul

I only had one LG. I dont recall the first two games as they were really easy, but third game was definitely about voicemail and web. And fourth game was lining things up.

If you got a different set, maybe they gave out different tests for different countries?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pammie0415

Bronze

Post by pammie0415 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:57 pm

fumagalli wrote:
pammie0415 wrote:I'm also thinking about cancelling and it all depends on which LG was the experimental. So far it seems that more ppl are saying the one with the voicemail and editing articles one was the real one. Can anyone else confirm this? It seems that this is really important for a few of us on this thread thinking about cancelling so any help would be greatly appreciated!! I panicked and didn't get to finished the last game so if the last LG turns out to be experimental that will be a significant score difference for me... oh god..
I think that the hard one was the real deal and that sinpo up there is lying or has been lied to or got confused or whatever. I'm putting my money on the hard one. Not that I'm happy to do so.

That seems to be the consensus so far. I guess I'll be faxing in my cancellation form today.

pammie0415

Bronze

Post by pammie0415 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 pm

timeless wrote:^ are you talking about the games??
Voicemail is the real one followed by a super hard linear game that you couldnt even plug and chug to work things out...
Having done 0/-1 till PT 56 and mastering all the ones afterwards (around -1/-2 each and majorly bombing only PT 62), I thought I could kill any game out there, but this was a surprising exception.

By the way everyone is talking about the ! crap. I got two RCs and though i remember seeing that, i forget which one it is from...
There was an unprecendented 6 or so paragraph long RC about france & england. Was that the real deal?

I only had 1 RC and I had the one with the long one about monarchs of France and England. So that's definitely the real one. It had African American Entertainer, weird ! one, the comparative one about ecosystem and alien species, the France and UK one.

pammie0415

Bronze

Post by pammie0415 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Glaucon wrote:what voicemail? was voice mail the first game? I think it went *voicemail*, hot foods, sewing needles woodwork, and TV blocks

I know for certain that sewing needles and TV blocks were the 3rd and 4th games respectively
The one you're talking about is the North American version. The one we're talking about is the one given in Asia. They are different. I definitely remember reading on another thread confirming that the NA one had hot foods, textiles, and TV (as well as a pine tree one I heard).

timeless

New

Post by timeless » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:19 pm

pammie0415 wrote:
Glaucon wrote:what voicemail? was voice mail the first game? I think it went *voicemail*, hot foods, sewing needles woodwork, and TV blocks

The one you're talking about is the North American version. The one we're talking about is the one given in Asia. They are different. I definitely remember reading on another thread confirming that the NA one had hot foods, textiles, and TV (as well as a pine tree one I heard).
+1 THIS

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fumagalli

New

Post by fumagalli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 pm

timeless wrote:Where did you take it? I took it in Seoul

I only had one LG. I dont recall the first two games as they were really easy, but third game was definitely about voicemail and web. And fourth game was lining things up.

If you got a different set, maybe they gave out different tests for different countries?
OP here. I took it in Hong Kong.
From this and a few other post I think that I can conclude that the hard one was the real one.

Ugh.

fumagalli

New

Post by fumagalli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:00 pm

tlsghost wrote:
sinpo wrote: The fifth LG with editing articles is the experimental section -- I confirmed it with my friend who had one LG section and I believe that LSAC administers the same test in different locations in Asia.
And I thought the third game(voicemail) was quite easy, but the last one was definitely difficult. Many seem to have found that one hard, which relieves me a bit.
Sinpo, thanks for the information. I also heard that LSAC administers the same test in different locations in Asia so if you friend's single LG section wasn't the one with the third (voicemail) and fourth (editing articles) games discussed above, that LG section (which also appeared fifth for me) should be the experimental one, which would be great news. Just to be sure, can you confirm that that's what he/she said? Thanks!

I thought the third game (voicemail) wasn't too bad but I completely choked on the last one (editing articles). I also thought the LRs were about average, though I had more trouble with them than I usually do and I had to blind guess on one or two because of time.
I think Sinpo is lying (for which I have no idea why) or simply wrong about something.

sinpo

New

Post by sinpo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:54 am

fumagalli wrote:
sinpo wrote:
tlsghost wrote:I took it in Beijing and also thought that the second LG section was really difficult, especially the last game (though the third game was tricky too). I just read on the PowerScore blog that LSAC ended the "experimental section is one of the first three" convention in October 2011 (http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-lsa ... l-section/). Has anyone heard this from anywhere else and if so, does anyone think there's any chance that the second LG section was actually the experimental one?
The fifth LG with editing articles is the experimental section -- I confirmed it with my friend who had one LG section and I believe that LSAC administers the same test in different locations in Asia.
And I thought the third game(voicemail) was quite easy, but the last one was definitely difficult. Many seem to have found that one hard, which relieves me a bit.

Any thoughts on LRs and RC?
I thought they were average today, neither easy nor hard. LRs had a couple of confusing ones though. And I vaguely remember some new types of questions on RC.
I think it would be helpful to note how you usually do in each section. I usually get less than -4 on both LRs combined and get less than -3 on RC.
Wait, wait, didn't you just say up there with clear confidence that the last one was the real deal? I can't believe this because the first LG was way too easy for current standards. In one game, most of the questions were solved by simply applying one of the rules. I'm considering whether I should cancel because of the last LG I had (which was the one with the voice mail and article ordering) so this is a very important issue for me.

Since I'm not going to take my chances on one account,
Can anyone else verify this?? Is there anyone else who had only one LG?

Edit: Ok, someone has verified that he/she had one LG and that the harder one was the real deal. Now which person do I believe?

Oops... I just got confused when I wrote that. So it has been confirmed here, the one with voicemail and editing article is the real one. And that was my fifth section. I meant to say that the first section was experimental. My bad!

sinpo

New

Post by sinpo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:58 am

Sorry guys, I wasn't lying but just got confused when I wrote the previous post.
Anyways, just to clarify and confirm, I had two LGs -- 1st section with planting pine trees, and 5th section with voicemail and editing articles.
1st section IS the experimental one, and the 5th is the SCORED one. My friend only had one LG and he had one with voicemail and editing articles.
I guess it is now clear to everyone that hard one was the real thing since every here remembers that one.

FYI, the EXPERIMENTAL one had planting trees and sorting out witnesses for testimonial.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

muna

New

Post by muna » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:09 am

The Voicemail is the real LG.
Had RC-LR-RC-LG-LR in Korea.

Wondering which RC was the exprimental.
I just remember for sure that the second RC had something about judicial disqualification (recusal) and the double passage on Karl Popper and planets.

Can anyone confirm this please?

fumagalli

New

Post by fumagalli » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:35 am

muna wrote:The Voicemail is the real LG.
Had RC-LR-RC-LG-LR in Korea.

Wondering which RC was the exprimental.
I just remember for sure that the second RC had something about judicial disqualification (recusal) and the double passage on Karl Popper and planets.

Can anyone confirm this please?
I think the one you're talking about was an experimental. I had one RC and there was something about a novel about an African woman with a "!" in her name and something about governments having too much power and the double passage was about the environment in forests or something. There was no Karl popper according to my knowledge.

pammie0415

Bronze

Post by pammie0415 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:12 am

The real RC had African American Entertainer, ! ethnography about women, ecosystem and foreign species, and one about monarchs of UK and France.

sinpo

New

Post by sinpo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:59 am

pammie0415 wrote:The real RC had African American Entertainer, ! ethnography about women, ecosystem and foreign species, and one about monarchs of UK and France.
What did you think about them? I thought the passages weren't difficult, but there were some tricky questions. Overall, I thought the difficulty was average

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pammie0415

Bronze

Post by pammie0415 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:58 am

I thought the first two passages were harder than the last two. The passages weren't especially hard but I agree that there were a few tricky questions with two good contenders in the answers. The comparative one was on the easy side and the last one wasn't too hard either. But the one with the weird ! in the name definitely threw me off when I was reading it. I took too long on the first passage and it really messed up my later passages.

lsatwizkid

New

Post by lsatwizkid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:38 am

I took it in Asia and had 2 LGs- the first LG was experimental 100%. It was too easy to be real. The RC passages were hard. The one with "!" in the name wasn't that tough. Does anyone remember the last passage, about giving out loans to monarchs and a law for that? I found it hard to answer all questions correctly.

timeless

New

Post by timeless » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:59 am

Yea it had 6 paragraphs, very unusual for an LSAT passage. I thought it was experimental...but surprised to find out its real...

I dont remember the questions specifically but they were really hard....

In fact, for me the whole section ended up being time consuming and difficult and hence was my cancellation....Passages themselves were average, but questions for the most part were worded in a way to confuse you.

lsatwizkid

New

Post by lsatwizkid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:03 am

Yeah exactly! It's the questions- they were HARD. May be cause I'm not that good at inference questions, and there were tonnes of them..but RC ruined me!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bibendum

New

Post by bibendum » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 am

Ugh...I took it in Shanghai and had the LG-RC-LR-LR-LG. I can't decide whether to cancel because my score could have gone a number of ways depending on that last LG. Does anybody feel pretty confident about that section? pm me if you'd like to discuss.

pammie0415

Bronze

Post by pammie0415 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:39 pm

I believe the last RC passage was about loaning power of the Monarchs of UK and France. And how that was affected by their hold of absolute power. It was mainly talking about how absolute power held by these monarchs were not necessarily advantageous to the monarch when it came to borrowing money. As lender were less likely to lend when the monarchs had absolute power and it made it more risky for the lenders. And how giving that power to another branch made the lenders more willing to lend... and so forth... It was a long read but the content didn't seem that hard to decipher for me. I had more problems with the first one instead. I guess personal preference on subject matter does make a difference.

NightmanCometh

New

Post by NightmanCometh » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:14 pm

I think the RC was fine, the LR was easy/fine, the games were HARD. But not because each individual game was hard (actually the second game was like the easiest one I have ever seen), but the third was tricky (easy to screw up) and the fourth one was extremely difficult (hard to find deductions, a bunch of general must be true/could be true) etc.

I think the games are just getting so damn hard, even though I did like every PT game ever during the test new games still kick my ass...

superhedy2011

New

Post by superhedy2011 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 am

I took it in Hong Kong, it was also LG-RC-LR-LR-LG, the same as in Japan and Korea.

I usually quite good at Game, almost -0 every time. But the second LG this time almost got me out of time. I felt it was quite easy in the 1st or 2nd, but the last game seemed time-consuming. I only remember it was about setting the sequence about morning/afternoon/evening, but I cannot remember what was its topic or any other topic. Was this one you're saying is the experimental one?

Besides, I usually have different feeling with the LSAT curve, e.g. for PT 64, I thought it was quite easy; but for PT 63, I thought the RC was killing... But the LSAT real curve turned out to be a different thing. Do you have the same feeling, non-native speakers? I assume the reason might be that I'm quite sensitive about the difficulty of language-related sections, like RC, LR; but not that sensitive with game -- seem I only think it hard when it took me longer time -- while LG has much more effect on the grading curve. Could that be possible?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”