RC killed me... cancel?

tropicanax

RC killed me... cancel?

Postby tropicanax » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:34 pm

I was hoping for 170, scoring in the high 160s on PTs. Retaking from October of 161 (got through all of RC feeling good and still managed to miss 15...which was 5 more than the most i have ever gotten wrong.)

I felt super confident going into the test and had LR LG LR LR RC... but I started last passage (8 questions) first on RC and took half the time.. then had a panic attack doing the first passage (7questions) because i figured there is no way i could get to all four. had i just calmed down and got through three passages with solid answers i probably still could have done well, but my nerves went through the roof and for the last of my three passages i chose to do the comparative one. -______- why.

I'm guessing -3 to 4 for each of the LR's and -0 for LG.....which could put me to a 67 raw score already

The last two years December curve have been -14, which would be 87...(considering everyone is saying RC was freakin hard on this one hopefully curve will be 14?)

from guessing/poorly concentrated 3 passages...i think worst case scenario i get the same score of 161.... should I cancel or might as well see what i get? -___-

post-lsat depression.

paulshortys10

Re: RC killed me... cancel?

Postby paulshortys10 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:02 pm

i'm in the exact same situation as you....including my 161 retake....and what i think my breakdown was(lg -0, LR's not too sure of though)...

But RC i bombed... he called 5 minutes while I was on question 17, and it's not like I felt confident about the first 17 to begin with either :(

soscurred

Postby soscurred » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:26 pm

to the OP - your decision, based on your assumptions, should be an easy one. If the WORST case scenario is that you earned AT LEAST the same score, then there's no reason to cancel it.

The only exception to this is if you WERE SURE you'd be in the range of 161 and were also SURE that you could significantly improve it by re-taking in February. Then there would be a decent reason to cancel, since 161 -- 168 looks more appealing than 161 162 168.

But considering the last two LSATs have been in the same range (or expected to be), it would be difficult to be certain of a big improvement.

tropicanax

Postby tropicanax » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:57 pm

soscurred wrote:to the OP - your decision, based on your assumptions, should be an easy one. If the WORST case scenario is that you earned AT LEAST the same score, then there's no reason to cancel it.

The only exception to this is if you WERE SURE you'd be in the range of 161 and were also SURE that you could significantly improve it by re-taking in February. Then there would be a decent reason to cancel, since 161 -- 168 looks more appealing than 161 162 168.

But considering the last two LSATs have been in the same range (or expected to be), it would be difficult to be certain of a big improvement.

sigh. such a waste of LR and LG to blow it up on the last RC section. i definitely think i did better on LR than Oct, and LG never seems to give me problems.... just RC gets me everytime on the real thing... :cry:

tropicanax

Postby tropicanax » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:i'm in the exact same situation as you....including my 161 retake....and what i think my breakdown was(lg -0, LR's not too sure of though)...

But RC i bombed... he called 5 minutes while I was on question 17, and it's not like I felt confident about the first 17 to begin with either :(

I think i ma de the mistake of starting with the last and hardest passage first.... and was unwilling to let it go and move onto other passages when i saw time running out.. spent the entire half of the test on that damn passage and ended up guessing on like 3/8.............. did you end up guessin on the last passage then?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”