Test Center Irregularities... Help?

livinglaughingloving

Test Center Irregularities... Help?

Postby livinglaughingloving » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Hello All,

I just got home from the LSAT and had the nightmarish experience of having someone outside my test building practicing their drum (!!!) during my 5th section for a little over 10 minutes, which was when I had RC (of all sections!). I did look up at the proctor during this time but he was reading his book and did not acknowledge it at all. Was anyone there (University of Redlands in CA) and plan on reporting it?

So I tried my HARDEST to block out the continuous beating and I got through the first 2 passages and he started to do it on the third passage. I usually take about 7-9 minutes per passage and this really threw me off - I took almost 14 minutes on the third and had to guess blindly on the last 6 problems in the 4th passage. I took the October test and finished RC early, and always finished during my PT's (averaging a 166 overall). I guess I am wondering what you all suggest I do in this situation? I am trying not to go crazy, as I am feeling so sad/upset that this happened as I was hoping to submit my apps in a week or two, but now not sure if I should even keep this score due to the irregularity that occurred and the effect that it had on me.

The rest of the test went normally but during October and all of my PT's, I never had to guess blindly on RC the way I did today, which signals to me that the drumming outside definitely affected me. If it is reported by myself and others, what can LSAC do in this situation? Thanks so much in advance.

KevinP

Re: Test Center Irregularities... Help?

Postby KevinP » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:28 pm

As far as I know, LSAC will provide you with only 2 options. First option: they'll let you keep the score and note an irregularity that accompanies your score. Second option: they'll let you cancel and give you a free retake.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Keep your score, before you know it though. They aren't going to tell you your score and let you decide.

livinglaughingloving

Postby livinglaughingloving » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks for the information guys. This is a really tough situation to be in :(. I am really debating what to do, as I feel like I have to make decisions quickly. Is anyone who was planning to apply this cycle going to hold off to next year? Also, I guessed E on like the last 6 questions of passage 4... does anyone remember if there was any E's at all? That probably won't make me feel a lot better, but maybe a tad bit. If not, that's fine. I don't think I can feel worse than I feel now.... Thanks again for the replies.

swtlilsoni

Postby swtlilsoni » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:11 am

livinglaughingloving wrote:Thanks for the information guys. This is a really tough situation to be in :(. I am really debating what to do, as I feel like I have to make decisions quickly. Is anyone who was planning to apply this cycle going to hold off to next year? Also, I guessed E on like the last 6 questions of passage 4... does anyone remember if there was any E's at all? That probably won't make me feel a lot better, but maybe a tad bit. If not, that's fine. I don't think I can feel worse than I feel now.... Thanks again for the replies.

I remember an E on that passage

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”