...Now that it's over.... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
coobs

New

...Now that it's over....

Post by coobs » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:09 pm

I've heard different opinions and would like to know from the majority....
1. Does sending your application before getting December's LSAT grade make any difference at all? The schools I've looked at online don't really specify anything about this.

2. If you do submit your application before the lsat grade is received, do you need to remind lsac or the school your applying to - once your grade comes in?

lsatwizkid

New

Re: ...Now that it's over....

Post by lsatwizkid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am

If your apps are ready, send them. It takes schools some time to get your files ready. You can notify schools once you receive your score. It doesn't hurt.

Edit: That's what I'm going to do.

clarified_butter

Bronze

Post by clarified_butter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 am

Here are your answers:

1. Not really.
2. Call the schools and tell them to wait until you receive your December score.
coobs wrote:I've heard different opinions and would like to know from the majority....
1. Does sending your application before getting December's LSAT grade make any difference at all? The schools I've looked at online don't really specify anything about this.

2. If you do submit your application before the lsat grade is received, do you need to remind lsac or the school your applying to - once your grade comes in?

coobs

New

Post by coobs » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Do you know if schools look at past scores while waiting for a new score?
I have a horrible lsat score before taking this past lsat and although I'd like to send in my application before the new scores come out, I'm afraid they'll look at the old score while browsing through my app and say 'forget this guy'.

Thoughts?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

a lot of apps have some form of "score pending" in the application. If you indicate this, you're fine. If they don't have it, email the school with your LSAC ID# included (much more effective than calling since it provides some documentation.

As far as being better to apply before release: yes, it's a little better, because some schools will review the other portions of the app and will have a general idea of what score they want to see to admit, waitlist, or deny you.

The only drawback is if your score is much higher or much lower than expected, making it so that you wasted money on an app that you have no shot at or would no longer attend

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

coobs wrote:Do you know if schools look at past scores while waiting for a new score?
I have a horrible lsat score before taking this past lsat and although I'd like to send in my application before the new scores come out, I'm afraid they'll look at the old score while browsing through my app and say 'forget this guy'.

Thoughts?
I've been wondering this too... but I think for the most part they won't bother with it when they see you have a score on the way. At least that's what I'm hoping.

JamMaster - are you applying to IU again this year? Or are you taking your 176 to a more deserving school?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:38 pm

iowalum wrote:
coobs wrote:Do you know if schools look at past scores while waiting for a new score?

Thoughts?
I've been wondering this too... but I think for the most part they won't bother with it when they see you have a score on the way. At least that's what I'm hoping.

JamMaster - are you applying to IU again this year? Or are you taking your 176 to a more deserving school?
Yeah, I decided not to apply. Looking at graphs it didn't seem necessary. Funny how one day can change so much?

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:43 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
iowalum wrote:

Thoughts?

Yeah, I decided not to apply. Looking at graphs it didn't seem necessary. Funny how one day can change so much?
Well both congrats on rising to the next level and thank you for not making me compete against you :)

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:43 pm

iowalum wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
iowalum wrote:

Thoughts?

Well both congrats on rising to the next level and thank you for not making me compete against you :)
haha, thanks man. Good luck with your cycle

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chesterfan1230

Bronze

Post by chesterfan1230 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:02 pm

What about fee waivers? If I apply and pay the fee, will they refund me or am I screwed? That's the one reason I'm waiting...

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 pm

chesterfan1230 wrote:What about fee waivers? If I apply and pay the fee, will they refund me or am I screwed? That's the one reason I'm waiting...
schools have different policies on this.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”