Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

rageking
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby rageking » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:46 am

student: "where is the clock?"
proctor: "i have it here. i will announce when there are 5 minutes remaining."
student: "that's it?!"

User avatar
AlexanderSupertramp
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby AlexanderSupertramp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:50 am

When I took it a few years ago I was talking with a girl at the break. When I asked her where she wanted to go she responded with all these random TTTTs all over the country. I can understand applying to a few low ranked schools in your geographic area or one as a safety but her entire (long) list was really low ranked schools with nothing else in common. I wonder where she ended up.

bjlee85
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby bjlee85 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 am

Someone taking a quick sip from their bottle of water while we were copying that long statement verbatim at the very beginning.

Proctor: You can't drink that during the test or in this room at all. It's for your own protection.

Whole room giggled, even the other proctors, lol.

xChiTowNx
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby xChiTowNx » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:54 am

TheWatch wrote:any chance the proctor was joking to make light of his mistake?

At my test center nothing special happened. Just the usual idiots with cell phones and asking stupid questions during the test.



It boggles me about the number of people who still bring cellphones...
It says on the ticket package, why would you ask the proctor at test itself when you could just hide it in your pocket?

Although our proctor was chill enough that we got to keep water on our desks and drink from it during the test.

Konner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby Konner » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:58 am

FryBreadPower wrote:
clarified_butter wrote:When reading this one, all that I can say is: OMG
Konner wrote:Took my first LSAT yesterday and was one of only ten test takers. Was surprised by how ill-informed the other people were. Consider the following:

A. Arriving at the building alongside another test taker (TT) carrying his LSAT SuperPrep, glancing at a text message on his phone as we stood outside the door waiting to be admitted (he got in).

B. After the test, I ask the same guy how he think it went. He responds, "I think it went fine. Hope I did better than last time though. I got into PLS, but they didn't offer me money."
Me: "Sorry, PLS?"
TT: "Princeton Law School."
Me: "Oh, those 5th tier schools can be quite unreasonable."
TT: "Tell me about it."


Man I wish I had the opportunity to troll people like this at my test. My test was so mundane :(


I was the only person at that administration who wasn't a student at the school. Small, private college I'd never heard of before LSAC set me up there. Everyone in that room knew each other. Had any of his classmates been in earshot (and knew the tier system), it would have been much better. He got off light.

I seem to encounter a lot of these lazy liars. Last week, I busted out some kid trying to impress women by introducing himself as "Dr. <first name, last name> M.D."

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:03 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
clarified_butter wrote:I just think that these people should be banned from even entering a LSAT test center. I wonder what kind of other fools sign up for other serious tests...i.e. MCAT (medicine), GMAT (business), DAT (dentistry), OAT (optometry) or PCAT (pharmacy). I love to hear those crazy stories too.
If I had the time and money, I'd love to take the MCAT, just to see what I'd get. But even if I were just taking it for kicks, I still wouldn't go in totally ignorant of the format and procedures.

They should do a quiz at the door of the LSAC testing facility: "Name the four types of sections and how many there are of each. Nope, sorry, you don't get to test today. Here's a code for your fee reimbursement."

I honestly can't tell you how long the writing section is

barneytrouble
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby barneytrouble » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:09 am

xChiTowNx wrote:
TheWatch wrote:any chance the proctor was joking to make light of his mistake?

At my test center nothing special happened. Just the usual idiots with cell phones and asking stupid questions during the test.



It boggles me about the number of people who still bring cellphones...
It says on the ticket package, why would you ask the proctor at test itself when you could just hide it in your pocket?

Although our proctor was chill enough that we got to keep water on our desks and drink from it during the test.


Yeah definitely had a cool proctor... Simply said "If you brought a cell phone don't even show it to me just make sure it is turned off." Wouldve made my life a lot easier if I knew that ahead of time. Also during the break basically everyone else in the hall was discussing questions/sections right in front of her and all she said was to keep it down because the other room was still testing.

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby lsacqueen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:17 am

thirtyandseven wrote:
iamrobk wrote:Don't know why you guys are complaining about all the idiots who take it, just makes the curve better for us.


Because it inflates our own insecure sense of self-worth, and makes us all feel like we are part of the elite "not idiot" group. That's what law is about, right?


+1


The rest of you guys can just give yourselves a pat on the back because you're so smart, unlike us 21/22 year-olds. See you at Harvard! :roll:

disconnected
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:30 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby disconnected » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:54 pm

41 year old Hospital administrator 1st in line goes up to present his ID.
The proctor says, "What is this?"
The Man says, "That is my ID."
The proctor says, "This is a concealed weapon's permit."
The Man says, "Oops, I grabbed the wrong one, I will run to my car and get my driver's license."
The proctor says, "Leave the gun in your car while you are there."
I was 2nd in line, so I present my passport.
Then by the time I tear off my LSAT ticket, this guy is back.
He parked illegally in the faculty parking right outside.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:05 pm

thirtyandseven wrote:
iamrobk wrote:Don't know why you guys are complaining about all the idiots who take it, just makes the curve better for us.


Because it inflates our own insecure sense of self-worth, and makes us all feel like we are part of the elite "not idiot" group. That's what law is about, right?


+1

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby iamrobk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:06 pm

lsacqueen wrote:
thirtyandseven wrote:
iamrobk wrote:Don't know why you guys are complaining about all the idiots who take it, just makes the curve better for us.


Because it inflates our own insecure sense of self-worth, and makes us all feel like we are part of the elite "not idiot" group. That's what law is about, right?


+1


The rest of you guys can just give yourselves a pat on the back because you're so smart, unlike us 21/22 year-olds. See you at Harvard! :roll:

:lol: +1

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby FantasticMrFox » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:07 pm

thederangedwang wrote:+1

:lol: @ your avatar

dymachus
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby dymachus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:33 pm

rageking wrote:student: "where is the clock?"
proctor: "i have it here. i will announce when there are 5 minutes remaining."
student: "that's it?!"


Haha, were you testing in NYC?

kmh504
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby kmh504 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:06 am

Disclaimer: I took my test in the boogie down Bronx :)

Proctor: I'm sorry sir - all hats off for the exam.
Guy: My bad, do I gotta take my do rag off too?

Proctor: If you need to use the bathroom, or take a drink please raise your hand. If you are not feeling well...or need to vomit or things of that nature...just let us know and umm I think...yess yesss we have extra mini trash cans and will bring them over for you.

(as tests are being handed out) Woman praying...loudly: And lord Jesus, I know you gonna give me that 155 lord Jesus and I pray that I stay awake lord Jesus...
Proctor: Umm...ma'am.

(After loud bang while proctor was introducing himself and the test)... Some guy in the back: What the f*** was that!

...I should get +5 points on my exam just for making it through :p

User avatar
cerealnmilk
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby cerealnmilk » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:57 am

kmh504 wrote:Disclaimer: I took my test in the boogie down Bronx :)

Proctor: I'm sorry sir - all hats off for the exam.
Guy: My bad, do I gotta take my do rag off too?

Proctor: If you need to use the bathroom, or take a drink please raise your hand. If you are not feeling well...or need to vomit or things of that nature...just let us know and umm I think...yess yesss we have extra mini trash cans and will bring them over for you.

(as tests are being handed out) Woman praying...loudly: And lord Jesus, I know you gonna give me that 155 lord Jesus and I pray that I stay awake lord Jesus...
Proctor: Umm...ma'am.

(After loud bang while proctor was introducing himself and the test)... Some guy in the back: What the f*** was that!

...I should get +5 points on my exam just for making it through :p


Amazing. I wish my test centre was this eventful!

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby john1990 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:27 pm

kmh504 wrote:(as tests are being handed out) Woman praying...loudly: And lord Jesus, I know you gonna give me that 155 lord Jesus and I pray that I stay awake lord Jesus...
Proctor: Umm...ma'am.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby john1990 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:57 pm

I think you guys were looking for this thread btw
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=132620&start=1100

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby Perdevise » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:18 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
clarified_butter wrote:I just think that these people should be banned from even entering a LSAT test center. I wonder what kind of other fools sign up for other serious tests...i.e. MCAT (medicine), GMAT (business), DAT (dentistry), OAT (optometry) or PCAT (pharmacy). I love to hear those crazy stories too.
If I had the time and money, I'd love to take the MCAT, just to see what I'd get. But even if I were just taking it for kicks, I still wouldn't go in totally ignorant of the format and procedures.

They should do a quiz at the door of the LSAC testing facility: "Name the four types of sections and how many there are of each. Nope, sorry, you don't get to test today. Here's a code for your fee reimbursement."

I honestly can't tell you how long the writing section is


Took the words right out of my mouth.

Scuppers
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:29 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby Scuppers » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 am

Wasn't going yo post, but in hindsight this was pretty funny:

Every single time the proctor called five
Minutes remaining, one guy said "fuck!!" Every time except for the writing. Maybe you had to be there.

Not funny, but our proctor was really cool about cell phones. Expected people to bring then, even. They just collected them at the door and put them in a bag. She actually seemed surprised and suspicious when I said that I didn't bring one.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby guinness1547 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:31 am

Scuppers wrote:Wasn't going yo post, but in hindsight this was pretty funny:

Every single time the proctor called five
Minutes remaining, one guy said "fuck!!" Every time except for the writing. Maybe you had to be there.

Not funny, but our proctor was really cool about cell phones. Expected people to bring then, even. They just collected them at the door and put them in a bag. She actually seemed surprised and suspicious when I said that I didn't bring one.


Really? That's weird.

ekbrown09
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby ekbrown09 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:18 am

.
Last edited by ekbrown09 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby guinness1547 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 am

ekbrown09 wrote:I didn't take the December LSAT, but at my October one my class had to move rooms because there was a regular college weekend class in the next room over being so loud we couldn't concentrate, then we had to move rooms after that because the thermostat was broken and set to 65 degrees, then in the third room, a girl threw up in the middle of the room halfway through the last section. From start to finish, we were there for 6 hours.


That sounds terrible. I'm glad my room didn't have all those distractions.

SEngland
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby SEngland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:34 pm

bump bump city bitch

User avatar
kylemba
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:11 am

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby kylemba » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:02 pm

I just had two asian proctors that didnt speak english well, continuously walked the ailes, would stop beside you to check out your work, talked to each other, sat in empty desks in front of you, and messed with the blinds making noise. ANNOYING.

User avatar
bitsy
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby bitsy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:26 pm

one of the proctors in a different room fell asleep and started snoring. didnt call the 5 min warning.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw and 2 guests