Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

clarified_butter

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby clarified_butter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:43 pm

When reading this one, all that I can say is: OMG

Konner wrote:Took my first LSAT yesterday and was one of only ten test takers. Was surprised by how ill-informed the other people were. Consider the following:

A. Arriving at the building alongside another test taker (TT) carrying his LSAT SuperPrep, glancing at a text message on his phone as we stood outside the door waiting to be admitted (he got in).

B. After the test, I ask the same guy how he think it went. He responds, "I think it went fine. Hope I did better than last time though. I got into PLS, but they didn't offer me money."
Me: "Sorry, PLS?"
TT: "Princeton Law School."
Me: "Oh, those 5th tier schools can be quite unreasonable."
TT: "Tell me about it."

xChiTowNx

Postby xChiTowNx » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:19 pm

clarified_butter wrote:I'll tell you what, you can run into so many dumb assholes when taking the LSAT. It's almost amazing to me. These idiots shouldn't even be allowed to sit for the exam.

barneytrouble wrote:"The LSAT is great for someone like me who is a naturally gifted test taker.. I just GET concepts. Like I would have had to study for the MCAT but not for this."

"I started out PTing really low but got up to mid 150s thanks to testmasters... haven't been able to break 160 yet though, hopefully today."

But then who will provide us with teh lulz?

Jordan89

Postby Jordan89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:33 am

not anything I heard, but saw. I was only 4 questions deep in section 1 (maybe 2 min tops) and a dude raised his hand and walked out.

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:34 am

Jordan89 wrote:not anything I heard, but saw. I was only 4 questions deep in section 1 (maybe 2 min tops) and a dude raised his hand and walked out.

I did that like 15 minutes into the October LSAT because I botched a game and was clearly going to go -5 if not more in LG. I probably should have just finished the test for the experience, but I was freaking out so badly I just had to get up and leave.

jeremydc

Postby jeremydc » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 am

I'll throw in my experience.

So my initial thought was that the testing would be by the book but it wasn't, the proctor as well as the assistants were very lenient. There were a few that did not attach a photo, a few that forgot their ids and a few that arrived late.

The funniest part was during the 15 minute break. So there were two testing rooms, one for the test takers with the last names A-K and the second from L-Z. So I was in the first testing room (A-K) and when we went outside for our break ,the test takers from the second group already started their break and were outside.

I sit down eating my snack on a bench then I hear two people start chatting. Mind you one was from my test room and the other from the second.

1= test taker from my room. 2 = test taker from second room

1 - "So you think your gonna get a good score
2 - "I need at least a 160 to go where I want to go"
1- "Ohh, I'm aiming for a 160 as well"
2 - "Yeah so what section was your hardest"
1- "I think it was the ..............................................."
Proctor assistant to 2 - " Hey why are you still out here? the test started 15 minutes ago"
2 (while sprinting back to the test room) - "F********k!!!!"

Sorry but it was the funniest thing to see this dude instantly switch from a casual conversation to a full on "run from the cops" sprint.
I couldn't help but laugh even though I did feel a bit bad for the kid after.
Last edited by jeremydc on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazeazn

Postby crazeazn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 am

some dude rolled up with a cell phone + full suitcase. we had a room full of pissed off people. oh and construction too.

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:50 am

clarified_butter wrote:When reading this one, all that I can say is: OMG

Konner wrote:Took my first LSAT yesterday and was one of only ten test takers. Was surprised by how ill-informed the other people were. Consider the following:

A. Arriving at the building alongside another test taker (TT) carrying his LSAT SuperPrep, glancing at a text message on his phone as we stood outside the door waiting to be admitted (he got in).

B. After the test, I ask the same guy how he think it went. He responds, "I think it went fine. Hope I did better than last time though. I got into PLS, but they didn't offer me money."
Me: "Sorry, PLS?"
TT: "Princeton Law School."
Me: "Oh, those 5th tier schools can be quite unreasonable."
TT: "Tell me about it."

Man I wish I had the opportunity to troll people like this at my test. My test was so mundane :(

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 am

Suitcase? WTF?

crazeazn wrote:some dude rolled up with a cell phone + full suitcase. we had a room full of pissed off people. oh and construction too.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:59 am

I was talking to a guy during the break and he told me that he thought it was a good idea to use the 5 minute warning as a good time to start filling in the other half of the scantron you didn't get to fill up. He then asked me what is considered a good score on the test. He said, " I don't even know what a good score is" . Not that funny but a little annoying. I had the feeling that most people taking the test at my center were taking it on a whim and weren't that serious. I took it at FAU and it felt like the pre-law class just decided to walk over and take the class for the heck of it. Another guy was in the hallway talking to a group of people about how he scored a 139 on the test last time. This wasn't that funny but I know that if I scored a 139 I would not be telling anyone that was my score. It was like this was a joke to him. This was a little shocking to see so many people who didn't seem to care mainly because of how much time and effort I have put into the process.

guinness1547

Postby guinness1547 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:I was talking to a guy during the break and he told me that he thought it was a good idea to use the 5 minute warning as a good time to start filling in the other half of the scantron you didn't get to fill up. He then asked me what is considered a good score on the test. He said, " I don't even know what a good score is" . Not that funny but a little annoying. I had the feeling that most people taking the test at my center were taking it on a whim and weren't that serious. I took it at FAU and it felt like the pre-law class just decided to walk over and take the class for the heck of it. Another guy was in the hallway talking to a group of people about how he scored a 139 on the test last time. This wasn't that funny but I know that if I scored a 139 I would not be telling anyone that was my score. It was like this was a joke to him. This was a little shocking to see so many people who didn't seem to care mainly because of how much time and effort I have put into the process.

I didn't see/hear anything particularly funny, but I think I know where you're coming from. I put in a lot of effort studying so I felt pretty prepared, and when I finished a section I would could look down(it was a tiered seating arrangement) and one guy I could see below me had less than half the section filled with around 5 minutes remaining, and another was visibly nervous, and would furiously erase and change answers every few seconds it seemed. It actually made me feel a lot better knowing how much better I was doing(or perceived to be doing) than these other people that clearly didn't put in any, or enough, work.

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:17 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:I had a couple funny things at my test:

Proctor (to me when I showed him my driver's license): "Where's your second form of ID?"
Me: "You're kidding, right? It says on the sheet right behind you that you only need one if its a passport or driver's license..."
Proctor: "Wait right here, let me go check on that." After conferring with another proctor, "Sorry about that, you're all set. I didn't know Illinois was in the U.S."

-------------------------------------------

This is by far the funniest of this thread.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:44 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:I had a couple funny things at my test:

Proctor (to me when I showed him my driver's license): "Where's your second form of ID?"
Me: "You're kidding, right? It says on the sheet right behind you that you only need one if its a passport or driver's license..."
Proctor: "Wait right here, let me go check on that." After conferring with another proctor, "Sorry about that, you're all set. I didn't know Illinois was in the U.S."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheWatch

Postby TheWatch » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Last edited by TheWatch on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Nothing too interesting at my test center. Just a bunch of people playing around beforehand and joking that they would fart and then blame it on the kid next to them.

Also the kid closest to me was seriously crossing out crap like crazy. Not sure what he was doing but it seemed like he was drawing lines all across his test booklet or answer sheet. This was in the first section - maybe he had a game that required crazy huge lines? IDK.

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:12 pm

This is exactly what I said earlier in this post...a lot of these kids take it on the whim. Then they actually go and tell people how bad they did on previous exams. It's very unreal. I will say that most of these idiots are 21 or 22 years old and still in undergrad. This is the type of shit that annoys me too!

Mr. Pancakes wrote:I was talking to a guy during the break and he told me that he thought it was a good idea to use the 5 minute warning as a good time to start filling in the other half of the scantron you didn't get to fill up. He then asked me what is considered a good score on the test. He said, " I don't even know what a good score is" . Not that funny but a little annoying. I had the feeling that most people taking the test at my center were taking it on a whim and weren't that serious. I took it at FAU and it felt like the pre-law class just decided to walk over and take the class for the heck of it. Another guy was in the hallway talking to a group of people about how he scored a 139 on the test last time. This wasn't that funny but I know that if I scored a 139 I would not be telling anyone that was my score. It was like this was a joke to him. This was a little shocking to see so many people who didn't seem to care mainly because of how much time and effort I have put into the process.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:29 pm

clarified_butter wrote:This is exactly what I said earlier in this post...a lot of these kids take it on the whim. Then they actually go and tell people how bad they did on previous exams. It's very unreal. I will say that most of these idiots are 21 or 22 years old and still in undergrad. This is the type of shit that annoys me too!

Stories like these make me wonder what the median would be if all the scores of idiots who'd never even looked at a PT were thrown out. Of course there are people who still score in the 130s and 140s WITH prep (the mind boggles), but you have to think that the median would be a LOT higher than 151 if you were only looking at people who'd actually prepared.

jeremydc

Postby jeremydc » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:02 pm

It seemed like half the people at my testing center were taking it just to take it. There were a few that looked very confident and a few like "wth am I doing here on a Saturday morning"

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:09 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
clarified_butter wrote:This is exactly what I said earlier in this post...a lot of these kids take it on the whim. Then they actually go and tell people how bad they did on previous exams. It's very unreal. I will say that most of these idiots are 21 or 22 years old and still in undergrad. This is the type of shit that annoys me too!

Stories like these make me wonder what the median would be if all the scores of idiots who'd never even looked at a PT were thrown out. Of course there are people who still score in the 130s and 140s WITH prep (the mind boggles), but you have to think that the median would be a LOT higher than 151 if you were only looking at people who'd actually prepared.

The median would still be 151; it would just take more CRs

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:04 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

The median would still be 151; it would just take more CRs
Yeah...that thought made more sense in my head.
I must've been thinking about setting the grading scale the same way, but thinking about what the median of prepared students only would be. Higher, obviously.

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I just think that these people should be banned from even entering a LSAT test center. I wonder what kind of other fools sign up for other serious tests...i.e. MCAT (medicine), GMAT (business), DAT (dentistry), OAT (optometry) or PCAT (pharmacy). I would love to hear those crazy stories too.

rinkrat19 wrote:

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:18 pm

clarified_butter wrote:I just think that these people should be banned from even entering a LSAT test center. I wonder what kind of other fools sign up for other serious tests...i.e. MCAT (medicine), GMAT (business), DAT (dentistry), OAT (optometry) or PCAT (pharmacy). I love to hear those crazy stories too.

rinkrat19 wrote:

If I had the time and money, I'd love to take the MCAT, just to see what I'd get. But even if I were just taking it for kicks, I still wouldn't go in totally ignorant of the format and procedures.

They should do a quiz at the door of the LSAC testing facility: "Name the four types of sections and how many there are of each. Nope, sorry, you don't get to test today. Here's a code for your fee reimbursement."

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:11 pm

And...
What are the time limits on each of these sections? What is the lowest score possible and what is the highest score possible? What is the fifth section called? What is the last component of the LSAT and how long is the time limit?

I'll bet you people would walk out puzzled and have absolutely nothing to say.

rinkrat19 wrote:They should do a quiz at the door of the LSAC testing facility: "Name the four types of sections and how many there are of each. Nope, sorry, you don't get to test today. Here's a code for your fee reimbursement."

iamrobk

Postby iamrobk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Don't know why you guys are complaining about all the idiots who take it, just makes the curve better for us.

thirtyandseven

Postby thirtyandseven » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:24 am

iamrobk wrote:Don't know why you guys are complaining about all the idiots who take it, just makes the curve better for us.

Because it inflates our own insecure sense of self-worth, and makes us all feel like we are part of the elite "not idiot" group. That's what law is about, right?

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:38 am

Because they are just so annoying and stupid ;)

iamrobk wrote:Don't know why you guys are complaining about all the idiots who take it, just makes the curve better for us.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”