Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

BenU

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby BenU » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:10 am

glucose101 wrote:Not said: about 20+ people raising their hands to go out to the bathroom before the test actually started. I went before everyone finished filling out sections 1-13 of their info. :D But then we had to wait 15+ minutes before everyone else came back from the bathroom.... :evil:

I was part of the LSAT that was mentioned earlier where about 20+ people went to the bathroom after your name filling out and before the actual test. However... this actually made me a little bit religious.

I drank a bunch of water and coffee and redbull ect that morning, and unfortunately found out that stuff makes you have to piss like a motherfucker. I literally urinated for like 45 seconds during that impromptu bathroom break, and then during the middle of the second section I had to go again. By the middle of the 3rd section I was considering peeing my pants in the middle of the test. I was the worst I have ever had to go to the bathroom in my entire life. When we had the break I could hardly walk to the bathroom, my bladder was so full that I was sort of bent over. My urination was then reminiscent of Austin Powers in "The Spy Who Shagged Me". If we hadn't of had that extra bathroom break I don't know what would have happened. I would have had to pee my pants, or I probably would have injured my self. We are talking ruptured bladder here. I mean in the space of 2 hours I peed for a combined total of probably 2-3 minutes.

On a side note I actually felt pretty good about the first 3 sections. I somehow managed to do alright despite my bladder being on the verge of rupture. My advise to future test takers would be to not take 3 times as many stimulants before the actual test as you do before your practice tests. They might have unexpected effects on your body chemistry.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:38 am

BenU wrote:I drank a bunch of water and coffee and redbull ect that morning, and unfortunately found out that stuff makes you have to piss like a motherfucker.
You're in your 20s (at least. I assume.) and just discovered that water+caffeine makes you have to pee? :|

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:46 am

BenU wrote:However... this actually made me a little bit religious.

And what does this mean?

lb1289

Postby lb1289 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:38 am

I usually just stalk the boards, but I had to post about this guy. He was at the seat right in front of me, and took his shoes off as soon as we walked into the testing room. For the whole test, I had to smell his feet. The proctor did a double take, but I am assuming it is allowed because she didn't say anything. Who does this? If your shoes are really that uncomfortable, wear some slippers or buy new ones.

Also, I know everyone talks about this, but how do people forget to attach a photo? I mean, do they not see it in the smack center of the ticket? Two people at my center were sent away because of no photo.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:43 am

Scotusnerd wrote:The jock next to me turned and said "This test is easy, right?" I looked back at him with as much seriousness and gravity as I could and said "NO."

He cancelled partway through the fifth section.

I wasn't sure whether to feel like a jerk or whether I did the law world at large a favor by removing an idiot.

Pretty sure you did the dude a favor if anything.

By the way, stories are pretty disappoint compared to previous ones :(

xChiTowNx

Postby xChiTowNx » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:48 am

What ticked me off was how long it took to fill in scantrons - seriously, some people acted like they never filled one out before.

also, a couple people had their books open while we were filling out the info, and the proctors did nothing!

Girl: "Writing section was easy. They add 10 points to your score if you fill out the page."

Not sure if serious or trolling other testers...

beverly

Postby beverly » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:58 am

Scotusnerd wrote:The jock next to me turned and said "This test is easy, right?" I looked back at him with as much seriousness and gravity as I could and said "NO."

I wasn't sure whether to feel like a jerk or whether I did the law world at large a favor by removing an idiot.

LOL....y'all are funny

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 am

thelawyler wrote:

The proctor went to collect this guy's scantron, then he said "hold on" and darkened 4 bubbles and changed an answer right in front of her. She didn't say anything. Maybe I should have used that opportunity to complete the last 3 questions of my LG!

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:16 am

thelawyler wrote:

I agree, the last thread of this type was a but more ridiculous. I still appreciate everyone's responses and welcome more. My OP was not much better either.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:33 am

One person in my area, who looked fairly together and confident throughout the test, starts quickly filling in a bunch of ovals at the end of the last section. The proctor tells him to stop. His response: "I'm filling in the ovals for my name, lsac number and test form." (You know, the same information we had ten minutes to fill in at the beginning of the test)
Proctor: "Sorry, that's not allowed. You'll need to send in the test without that information."

I felt somewhat bad for him, but was busy thinking that I bombed the test to think too much about it.

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 am

One guy was checking in for the exam and gave the proctor his admission ticket. His photo featured him in his driveway with his hat cocked sideways. The proctor asked him why he had a picture of him in a hat, and he responded, "This paper don't say I can't wear a hat." Ten seconds of awkward silence passed, and the proctor actually admitted him.

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:40 am

The guy in front of me in the registration line dropped his napkin, and then proceeded to tell me that he went to Whataburger for breakfast. If you don't know what Whataburger is, it's a Texas fast food joint known for being extremely greasy. Yeap, breakfast of champions right there.

Konner

Postby Konner » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Took my first LSAT yesterday and was one of only ten test takers. Was surprised by how ill-informed the other people were. Consider the following:

A. Arriving at the building alongside another test taker (TT) carrying his LSAT SuperPrep, glancing at a text message on his phone as we stood outside the door waiting to be admitted (he got in).

B. After the test, I ask the same guy how he think it went. He responds, "I think it went fine. Hope I did better than last time though. I got into PLS, but they didn't offer me money."
Me: "Sorry, PLS?"
TT: "Princeton Law School."
Me: "Oh, those 5th tier schools can be quite unreasonable."
TT: "Tell me about it."

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Konner wrote:Took my first LSAT yesterday and was one of only ten test takers. Was surprised by how ill-informed the other people were. Consider the following:

A. Arriving at the building alongside another test taker (TT) carrying his LSAT SuperPrep, glancing at a text message on his phone as we stood outside the door waiting to be admitted (he got in).

B. After the test, I ask the same guy how he think it went. He responds, "I think it went fine. Hope I did better than last time though. I got into PLS, but they didn't offer me money."

I'm a bit uneducated on this, but Princeton does not have a law school, do they?

Konner

Postby Konner » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:44 pm

MellowMantis wrote:
Konner wrote:Took my first LSAT yesterday and was one of only ten test takers. Was surprised by how ill-informed the other people were. Consider the following:

I'm a bit uneducated on this, but Princeton does not have a law school, do they?

No sir, they do not. There is also no such thing as 5th tier.

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:55 pm

I had a couple funny things at my test:

Proctor (to me when I showed him my driver's license): "Where's your second form of ID?"
Me: "You're kidding, right? It says on the sheet right behind you that you only need one if its a passport or driver's license..."
Proctor: "Wait right here, let me go check on that." After conferring with another proctor, "Sorry about that, you're all set. I didn't know Illinois was in the U.S."

-------------------------------------------

Different proctor (while reading directions): "You may NOT have the following items on your desk: pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, ID, LSAT Admission Ticket Stub"

Kid sitting next to me (when we got to 4th section): "EXCUSE ME! THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY TEST. I HAVEN'T HAD A RC SECTION YET. THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ONLY TWO LR SECTIONS AND THIS IS MY 3RD."
Master proctor for the building comes in after about 7 mins (the kid still hasn't started yet and is still making a fuss) and informs the kid that there are 5 sections to the test and then a writing sample (kid thought it was 5 including the writing sample).
Kid (to master proctor): "So I'm going to get extra time because I was waiting for you, right?"
Master Proctor: "No."

(This sucked cuz he was making a fuss the entire time during my non-experimental RC section...=/)

Girl (after the test): "Did any of you guys finish the test? I had to guess on like, the last 8 questions of every section."

chem!

Postby chem! » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:04 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:I had a couple funny things at my test:

Proctor (to me when I showed him my driver's license): "Where's your second form of ID?"
Me: "You're kidding, right? It says on the sheet right behind you that you only need one if its a passport or driver's license..."
Proctor: "Wait right here, let me go check on that." After conferring with another proctor, "Sorry about that, you're all set. I didn't know Illinois was in the U.S."

Different proctor (while reading directions): "You may NOT have the following items on your desk: pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, ID, LSAT Admission Ticket Stub"

Kid sitting next to me (when we got to 4th section): "EXCUSE ME! THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY TEST. I HAVEN'T HAD A RC SECTION YET. THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ONLY TWO LR SECTIONS AND THIS IS MY 3RD."
Master proctor for the building comes in after about 7 mins (the kid still hasn't started yet and is still making a fuss) and informs the kid that there are 5 sections to the test and then a writing sample (kid thought it was 5 including the writing sample).
Kid (to master proctor): "So I'm going to get extra time because I was waiting for you, right?"

(This sucked cuz he was making a fuss the entire time during my non-experimental RC section...=/)

Girl (after the test): "Did any of you guys finish the test? I had to guess on like, the last 8 questions of every section."

Your first anecdote just made me laugh out loud. How old was this individual?

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:07 pm

chem! wrote:

Late 20's/Early 30's

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:10 pm

^ Holy crap, that is a nightmare. I wish I had some ridiculous story to tell. I suppose it was kind of funny that I had a 50 year old woman taking it next to me... not really.

My testing center, Vanderbilt, was virtually perfect. Oh, but I do have a story from my October LSAT which I took at Tennessee State University (TSU).

I show up to the testing center around 8:00, and I get handed a piece of paper with a 35 scrolled on it (my seat number, evidently). I walk to the test room, and the women there ask me to sign my name on my admissions ticket. I do so, and then they tell me that they don't have a seat 35... wtf. They tell me to go back and ask the woman handing out pieces of paper to give me another seat. By the way, I had waited 20 minutes to get into the room. I go back to her, and she says "Tell them to make a seat 35" What. The. Fuck.

I should have just been like, "no," but instead I go back and tell them precisely what she told me to do. They say, oh, well I suppose you can sit at the desk in the front of the room facing the entire class (right next to the proctors) and take the exam. This creeped me out, because I just wanted a normal desk like everyone else, and didn't want to look up and see 40 faces taking the exam. I said, "can I take it in a different room? I am a little psyched out by this." They say, "okay, fine." They send me back outside to talk to the woman handing out numbers, and she points, literally, half way across campus and tells me to run to the building with the bell tower (she also tells me to "step on it" because they might be taking the test soon. It is 9:00 by this point). WHAT?! If I had known that I would have to run across a campus, and have no idea where to go once in the building, I would have just taken the test in the other room.

So I start sprinting across campus and finally get to the building. I go upstairs, get in line with a bunch of people, and then once I get in the classroom, they get PISSED at me because my admissions ticket is already signed. I explain to them that I signed it when I went into a different room, but they make me sit outside in the hall in a chair for like 20 minutes as if I am a toddler who used a dirty word. They finally come out and tell me they are going to let me take the exam... ooookay. I get in there and have a window with the sun just bearing down on my desk. The test begins and I freak out because my heart rate was just jacked, have a panic attack, and cancel my score immediately.

Worst place to take exams EVER. Fortunately, Vanderbilt went extremely smoothly. The complete opposite. My advice? Take the LSAT at the best institution you can, as they tend to be more adept at administering the exam.

chem!

Postby chem! » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:13 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:
chem! wrote:

Late 20's/Early 30's

Have mercy. Unfortunately, stupidity is painless for those who possess it. It's the rest of us that feel the pain.

iamrobk

Postby iamrobk » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Jeez, I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with anything bad like some of you guys when I took it in October. Worst I had to deal with was a few people who wanted to go to the bathroom before the test started and were mad they would have to either wait until the break or miss part of the sections.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 pm

When the proctors handed out the tests and instructed us to start filling in the personal information sections, a guy raised his hand and asked, "Are you not gonna give us pencils?"

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:33 pm

I'll tell you what, you can run into so many dumb assholes when taking the LSAT. It's almost amazing to me. These idiots shouldn't even be allowed to sit for the exam.

barneytrouble wrote:"The LSAT is great for someone like me who is a naturally gifted test taker.. I just GET concepts. Like I would have had to study for the MCAT but not for this."

"I started out PTing really low but got up to mid 150s thanks to testmasters... haven't been able to break 160 yet though, hopefully today."

clarified_butter

Postby clarified_butter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:37 pm

It wasn't your fault...he was just plain stupid for saying that. I swear that most of the people that take the LSAT are taking it on a whim...they are 21 or 22 years old and just taking it on the fly.

thirtyandseven

Postby thirtyandseven » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Haha, how about this...

Proctor standing up front before beginning of test:

"I'm trying to find the best place for me to stand so everyone can hear these instructions. Who can not hear me right now? ...Who can't hear me? ...Ok, no one can't hear me when I'm standing here? Alright let's begin."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”