Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

MellowMantis

Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby MellowMantis » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:57 pm

I saw a similar thread like this before for a previous LSAT and thought it was hilarious. I don't know if someone did it yet but if not It is fun to hear some of the dumb things people said/did in your test center.

Girl during break - "When the sections were hard I just stopped and made some doodles. I made some great faces with my highlighters." :D

noleknight16

Re: Things I heard at the DECEMBER LSAT

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Proctor - "You have 35 minutes to complete each section"

40 year old spanish lady - "35 minutes!??! We're gonna have to run through it!"

Same lady had her book open before the test, used mechanical pencils, and wrote notes on how many sections/time on the back of her LSAT ticket. Surprised the proctor didn't boot her, but he probably didn't realize how big her having her book open during the filling out of the answer sheet info was.

sdphil

Postby sdphil » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:13 pm

2x year old woman: "We need a passport photo? Why?"

thementor31337

Postby thementor31337 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Immediately after our proctor announced not to complete the topic code on the writing sample sheet, kid raises his hand and asks, "Are we supposed to fill out the topic code?" I can't say I was surprised. If this is what I'm competing with, I feel good about my chances at LS.

coobs

Postby coobs » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:28 pm

With about 50 kids waiting around for the lsat, all holding plastic ziploc bags with pencils and such, a teacher from the college walks in and says 'oh...what test are you guys here for?'

someone says 'the lsat'

then a girl waiting for the lsat asks the teacher 'oh...are you a proctor??'

....im no genius, but if the teacher has no clue what a bunch of kids with ziploc bags is testing for...i highly doubt she's a proctor for the test

JDProspect

Postby JDProspect » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:30 pm

It was 9:00 and the proctor had already given instructions. Door opens, a fellow test taker, proctor tells her, "hurry you are late!" Test taker responds, "yea, I know" and takes her sweet time finding a seat

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:33 pm

I died laughing out loud,

Proctor: Now we will break the seal. (Less formal) Now, to tell you, please put all seal paper breakage into the test booklet. I tell you this because there have been several instances in the past when I've proctored, and students have eaten the extra paper.

LMFAO :lol:

calidancer2

Postby calidancer2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Not said: about 20+ people raising their hands to go out to the bathroom before the test actually started. I went before everyone finished filling out sections 1-13 of their info. :D But then we had to wait 15+ minutes before everyone else came back from the bathroom.... :evil:

Said: as leaving the test:

Dude 1: So, dude, what did you write about? which side did you pick?
Dude 2: lol YOU WONT GUESS ahahaha i wrote about ways i could better prepare for my next LSAT LOL i def am gonna cancel no matter what especially since i wrote my essay on that and that is just gonna ding my score
Dude 1: NO WAY MAN REALLY!?!?
Dude 2: yeah man oh man i gotta call my lsat instructor and ask what i should do LOL totes cancelling and then with that essay i can't get more than 5 points on it!!!

were we taking the same test, dude 2?

CorkBoard

Postby CorkBoard » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:06 pm

glucose101 wrote:I died laughing out loud,

Proctor: Now we will break the seal. (Less formal) Now, to tell you, please put all seal paper breakage into the test booklet. I tell you this because there have been several instances in the past when I've proctored, and students have eaten the extra paper.

LMFAO :lol:

hahahahahha

CHIJAMES11

Postby CHIJAMES11 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:24 pm

I took mine at Northwestern and my proctor was part of the drama apartment and while we we're waiting for people to come back from the break he said "you guys hear? there was a marijuana fire in Evanston! it blazed for three days but no one remembered to do anything about!" Oh Drama people, you make me laugh

justaviking

Postby justaviking » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:27 pm

"I can't use my Myspace photo on my admission ticket?" I about died

barneytrouble

Postby barneytrouble » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:29 pm

"The LSAT is great for someone like me who is a naturally gifted test taker.. I just GET concepts. Like I would have had to study for the MCAT but not for this."

"I started out PTing really low but got up to mid 150s thanks to testmasters... haven't been able to break 160 yet though, hopefully today."

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:34 pm

barneytrouble wrote:"The LSAT is great for someone like me who is a naturally gifted test taker.. I just GET concepts. Like I would have had to study for the MCAT but not for this."

"I started out PTing really low but got up to mid 150s thanks to testmasters... haven't been able to break 160 yet though, hopefully today."

Not sure whats funny or amusing about the 2nd quote.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:35 pm

kaiser wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:"The LSAT is great for someone like me who is a naturally gifted test taker.. I just GET concepts. Like I would have had to study for the MCAT but not for this."

+1

ExcelBaller

Postby ExcelBaller » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:36 pm

While Proctor is giving directions for filling out scantron "I think the directions are harder to figure out than the test."

also

I heard an A/C window unit at a local community college click on and off for 5 hours straight. I also heard the guy in front of me fart a couple times.
Last edited by ExcelBaller on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:45 pm

The jock next to me turned and said "This test is easy, right?" I looked back at him with as much seriousness and gravity as I could and said "NO."

He cancelled partway through the fifth section.

I wasn't sure whether to feel like a jerk or whether I did the law world at large a favor by removing an idiot.

bullfrog

Postby bullfrog » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Last guy in the room is turned away by the proctor and told he's in the wrong place.
"Go to room 1030" she says.
He comes back in 5 minutes with a frustrated look on his face and announces for everyone to hear (and enjoy) "Room 1030 is the woman's washroom..."

barneytrouble

Postby barneytrouble » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:01 pm

kaiser wrote:

You had to be there. HTH

edit - oh I see, yeah on its own its not bad but this was a convo, it was said in a 1-upmanship kind of way to the first guy.

QueMellow

Postby QueMellow » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:08 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Proctor - "You have 35 minutes to complete each section"

Same lady had her book open before the test, used mechanical pencils, and wrote notes on how many sections/time on the back of her LSAT ticket. Surprised the proctor didn't boot her, but he probably didn't realize how big her having her book open during the filling out of the answer sheet info was.

HAHAHAHAHA...you were at JU, no? I was there too! That lady was ridiculous!

What'd you think of the test?

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:28 pm

QueMellow wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:Proctor - "You have 35 minutes to complete each section"

HAHAHAHAHA...you were at JU, no? I was there too! That lady was ridiculous!

What'd you think of the test?

Yep! JU. I was the guy who told the bagpipe story before the test began. I don't think the spanish lady was trying to cheat or anything (she seemed like a nice lady)... but you could do a lot of damage to section 1 if you know the first 6 questions before the test begins.

Overall, the test was ok. Easy LG, average LR (got hung up a bit so who knows), but RC was brutal. Hoping for a -12 curve.

chem!

Postby chem! » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Seen but not heard: guy jumps up with iPhone in hand and a shocked look on his face when the proctor made the no electronic devices announcement.

Question from guy behind me: "You mean I can't have this sheet of scratch paper?" as he waves the map he kept to use as scratch paper around in the air.

Seriously? One doesn't read the instructions about the LSAT testing conditions beforehand? If they get into law school, I don't want to be a lawyer.

lelesmiles

Postby lelesmiles » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:43 pm

After the test:

We're all waiting around for our rides or the train. My ride pulls up and as I walk out the door, this chubby kid in sweats walks up and asks "Is this where the LSAT is? Is it still going on? Are people still taking tests?" I walked away, but I'm pretty sure he was coming to take the test. :shock: Poor baby.
Last edited by lelesmiles on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soscurred

Postby soscurred » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:51 pm

lelesmiles wrote:After the test:

We're all waiting around for our rides or the train. My ride pulls up and as I walk out the door, this chubby kid in sweats walks up and asks "Is this we're the LSAT is? Is it still going on? Are people still taking tests?" I walked away, but I'm pretty sure he was coming to take the test. :shock: Poor baby.

You probably would have taken notice of him clutching his plastic bag in a panic. More likely he had made plans to meet someone after the test or something which is consistent with his questions :)

But, I pray I'm wrong and he was supposed to take the test. Just more buffer for a better score!

loneminer

Postby loneminer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:30 am

. .
Last edited by loneminer on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

loneminer

Postby loneminer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:37 am

When I took the test it took THREE hours to figure out who was in which room and learning how to sign your name to sheet of paper and finally getting the test started. . . we had several people who would get up after a section to ask to go to the bathroom and then we'd wait around for them to get back, the girl next to me kept time with her digital timer and a few people read the questions aloud. When I took the test it took THREE hours to figure out who was in which room and learning how to sign your name to sheet of paper and finally getting the test started. . . we had several people who would get up after a section to ask to go to the bathroom and then we'd wait around for them to get back, the girl next to me kept time with her digital timer and a few people read the questions aloud.

The jock next to me turned and said "This test is easy, right?" I looked back at him with as much seriousness and gravity as I could and said "NO."

Oh wow an old fashioned jock, makes me thinking of happier times like when all blondes were dumb.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”