LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

inflightradio
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:51 am

swtlilsoni wrote:
inflightradio wrote:
swtlilsoni wrote:did anyone have the runners and jogging shoes question?


Yup, that sounds familiar to me... Can't remember which section it was at all. LR are ALWAYS a huge blur to me and it's the second time I've had it as an experimental. The LG and RC kids always easily figure out their experimental, but the LR kids always seem to lack a consensus because questions just jumble. Hoping for the second time in a row that the 4th section it is! Funny (not really) how last time I was praying it WASN'T.


Do you remember which section you had it in?


UGH, I don't unfortunately. I just don't believe it was the first one because I kind of remember parts of that one...

User avatar
cuzzo
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby cuzzo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:15 pm

northerrn wrote:I had LR (25) LG LR(26) LR(26) RC and i remember both the wolves and carnations. From what I can remember(might be wrong) the wolves one was the 3rd section and carnations was the 1st which would make the 4th section experimental??


I remember my 25,26,26 LR experimental test the same. As I remember, more specifically, Wolves/Dogs was question 9, section 3 (It is the one I skipped and went back to). We know, based on carnations and wolves being real, that 25,25,26 experimental was section 3. Using the same "test," based on our memory, the 25,26,26 experimental was section 4.

That would make sense if we assume that, since LSAC used a Section 4 experimental section in October, they would likely want to validate whatever inference they made from doing so sooner than later, thereby including a section 4 experimental in December. Since RC and LG experimental have been confirmed as being before the break, and LR25,25,26 had to have been before the break, using this ass-u-m(e)-ption, I am going with LR25,26,26 experimental section 4.

...Only 18 more days 'til we know!

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby guinness1547 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:33 pm

cuzzo wrote:
...Only 18 more days 'til we know!


I hope you're right, I don't want to spend Christmas and Christmas Eve hovering over my computer, refreshing pages.

inflightradio
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 pm

cuzzo wrote:
northerrn wrote:I had LR (25) LG LR(26) LR(26) RC and i remember both the wolves and carnations. From what I can remember(might be wrong) the wolves one was the 3rd section and carnations was the 1st which would make the 4th section experimental??


I remember my 25,26,26 LR experimental test the same. As I remember, more specifically, Wolves/Dogs was question 9, section 3 (It is the one I skipped and went back to). We know, based on carnations and wolves being real, that 25,25,26 experimental was section 3. Using the same "test," based on our memory, the 25,26,26 experimental was section 4.

That would make sense if we assume that, since LSAC used a Section 4 experimental section in October, they would likely want to validate whatever inference they made from doing so sooner than later, thereby including a section 4 experimental in December. Since RC and LG experimental have been confirmed as being before the break, and LR25,25,26 had to have been before the break, using this ass-u-m(e)-ption, I am going with LR25,26,26 experimental section 4.

...Only 18 more days 'til we know!


Do you remember any questions from section 4 (possible experimental)? I think that would FINALLY put things to rest because I've definitely heard people say they had wolves on section 4... So maybe the order for our experimentals were switched around? All I know is no one seems to be mentioning the 4th section :(

Witenagemot
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby Witenagemot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:33 pm

inflightradio wrote:Do you remember any questions from section 4 (possible experimental)? I think that would FINALLY put things to rest because I've definitely heard people say they had wolves on section 4... So maybe the order for our experimentals were switched around? All I know is no one seems to be mentioning the 4th section :(



I had LR(25), LG, LR(26), LR(26), RC.

I'm not sure which section I had wolves on. Maybe third, maybe fourth.

I remember a question on the third LR (fourth section overall) about reptiles and birds in the western annex of a zoo. Does that help?

inflightradio
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Witenagemot wrote:
inflightradio wrote:Do you remember any questions from section 4 (possible experimental)? I think that would FINALLY put things to rest because I've definitely heard people say they had wolves on section 4... So maybe the order for our experimentals were switched around? All I know is no one seems to be mentioning the 4th section :(



I had LR(25), LG, LR(26), LR(26), RC.

I'm not sure which section I had wolves on. Maybe third, maybe fourth.

I remember a question on the third LR (fourth section overall) about reptiles and birds in the western annex of a zoo. Does that help?


I want to say it does or doesn't rings a bell, but I guess I LITERALLY zoned out on the 4th section. Hate to ask, but do you recall anything else? If not, based on that, I don't think that question rings a bell so I feel like we had different tests. I think I had the LR (25), LG, LR (25), LR (26), RC. I think wolves was in my fourth and that my third was the experimental while wolves was in your third and your fourth was the experimental.

User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby swtlilsoni » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 pm

if anyone finished the comparative passage can u PM me and tell me what u thought of it on a scale of 1-10?

User avatar
cuzzo
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby cuzzo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:45 pm

inflightradio wrote:Do you remember any questions from section 4 (possible experimental)? I think that would FINALLY put things to rest because I've definitely heard people say they had wolves on section 4... So maybe the order for our experimentals were switched around? All I know is no one seems to be mentioning the 4th section :(


ATTENTION ALL W/ AR/LG OR RC EXPERIMENTAL

Here is what I do remember, and someone mentioned this on the "DEC 2011 Experimental Section" Thread: my fourth section had 7 or 8 questions on the last page (19-26, I think) which is notable b/c it means the questions were especially long...usually there are only 4-5 on the last pages, 6 at most. If someone with only 2 LR sections can confirm that they did not have an LR section like that, then LR25,26,26 had an experimental 4th section. Anyone remember that detail?

lsatTakerguy
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby lsatTakerguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:45 pm

Read all the posts so far... Let me preface with, I don't remember the # of questions...

I had LR - LG - LR - LR -RC

First LR = easy/normal
LG = easy
LR = this one I believe to be experimental - all the stimulus were much longer than usual, and the prompts seemed different - I'm trusting my gut on this because I only took one 5 section practice test and I was able to guess the experimental that time as well

LR = easy/normal

RC = easy normal

IT's possible different people had different order but my gut tells me second LR was fake

User avatar
calidancer2
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:19 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby calidancer2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Witenagemot wrote:
inflightradio wrote:Do you remember any questions from section 4 (possible experimental)? I think that would FINALLY put things to rest because I've definitely heard people say they had wolves on section 4... So maybe the order for our experimentals were switched around? All I know is no one seems to be mentioning the 4th section :(



I had LR(25), LG, LR(26), LR(26), RC.

I'm not sure which section I had wolves on. Maybe third, maybe fourth.

I remember a question on the third LR (fourth section overall) about reptiles and birds in the western annex of a zoo. Does that help?



I had I had LR(25), LG, LR(26), LR(26), RC too and I remember the zoo question. it was a MBT...i want to say it was my 4th section as well.

User avatar
cuzzo
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby cuzzo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:42 pm

It is important to note that there are 2 different experimental LR sections, and therefore, 2 tests with experimental LR sections. The question we are talking about now had to do with the popularity of Birds v. Reptiles in the Western Annex of the zoo...yes it was MBT...and from section 4 of LR25,26,26. If someone who had an RC or AR experimental test confirms seeing this question in one of their real LR sections, then we know 3 was experimental for this particular LR heavy test.

I still think S. 4 was the experimental though. Carnations LR 25, Wolves LR 26, Zoo Annex LR26, sound right??

To inflightradio...that is a good point about Wolves being in S. 3 and S. 4 on experimental LR tests. LR25,25,26 was Wolves Section 4, LR25,26,26 was Section 3. I actually think consensus on this point would settle the debate, since we know that Carnations was definitely real, and so was wolves.

inflightradio
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:57 pm

cuzzo wrote:It is important to note that there are 2 different experimental LR sections, and therefore, 2 tests with experimental LR sections. The question we are talking about now had to do with the popularity of Birds v. Reptiles in the Western Annex of the zoo...yes it was MBT...and from section 4 of LR25,26,26. If someone who had an RC or AR experimental test confirms seeing this question in one of their real LR sections, then we know 3 was experimental for this particular LR heavy test.

I still think S. 4 was the experimental though. Carnations LR 25, Wolves LR 26, Zoo Annex LR26, sound right??

To inflightradio...that is a good point about Wolves being in S. 3 and S. 4 on experimental LR tests. LR25,25,26 was Wolves Section 4, LR25,26,26 was Section 3. I actually think consensus on this point would settle the debate, since we know that Carnations was definitely real, and so was wolves.


Yeah going off of your point, I think we are really close to being able to conclude that they did indeed have two different experimentals this time around. To contribute what I think mine was for those of us with LR (25) LG LR (25) LR (26) RC (again, I'm not 100% sure this was my test but your question on the zoo annex doesn't ring an obvious bell): LR 1 Carnations, LR 2 ???, LR 3 Wolves. Which would mean whatever was in that LR 2 ??? was our experimental (section 3 overall).

Do you happen to recall any other questions in the zoo annex section? I WANT to write it off my list and settle this definitively, but it just seems vaguely familiar enough where I can't. I think you can safely conclude that the zoo annex one was definitely your experimental though!

User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby swtlilsoni » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Okay I had 25-25-26 and I had the runners doing better with jogging shoes PR question. It was question 18. I have no idea if it was in the same section as wolves. I know for sure it was not in s1. I think it might have been in LR2. if anyone else remembers which section this is it might shed some light. Also if anyone who had 25-26-26 does not remember having this question it must have been the experimental

User avatar
cuzzo
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby cuzzo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Well, that post makes me feel better. If carnations was S.1 for you, then S. 3 was experimental, if you were in fact 252526.

User avatar
Uklawstudent123
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby Uklawstudent123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Were there multiple LR experimental sections?! I sat mine in IL and had 3LR sections, the first one only had 24 qs and was harder than the others so I'm assuming it must have been the experimental!!

User avatar
cuzzo
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby cuzzo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Uklawstudent123 wrote:Were there multiple LR experimental sections?! I sat mine in IL and had 3LR sections, the first one only had 24 qs and was harder than the others so I'm assuming it must have been the experimental!!


Actually, if what you say is true, then there were at least 3 different LR experimental tests (LR25,25,26/LR25,26,26/LR24,??,??). As far as actual experimental sections, we can't know for sure, but there were at least 2, maybe 3 and your first may have been the 3rd...

User avatar
Uklawstudent123
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby Uklawstudent123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Yes the first was definately 24 questions because I was really surprised by it. The second and third LR sections were either 25/26 or 26/26, I'm just glad the 24 one must be the experimental because it was by far the hardest of the 3 and it seemed like there was no order of qs from easy to hard etc

inflightradio
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Uklawstudent123 wrote:Yes the first was definately 24 questions because I was really surprised by it. The second and third LR sections were either 25/26 or 26/26, I'm just glad the 24 one must be the experimental because it was by far the hardest of the 3 and it seemed like there was no order of qs from easy to hard etc


Well, this just got confusing.......

greenleaf801
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby greenleaf801 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 pm

inflightradio wrote:
Uklawstudent123 wrote:Yes the first was definately 24 questions because I was really surprised by it. The second and third LR sections were either 25/26 or 26/26, I'm just glad the 24 one must be the experimental because it was by far the hardest of the 3 and it seemed like there was no order of qs from easy to hard etc


Well, this just got confusing.......


I respectfully agree that this is surprising especially since it is the 2nd day after the exam and no one else has suggested this combo. It would be good if any party that also had a 24Q section could confirm? Just asking as it sounds more like an overseas format rather than US/CDN.

User avatar
Uklawstudent123
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby Uklawstudent123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:01 pm

I am an overseas student but I actually took it in Illinois :)

I was so suprised of the only 24 qs that I double checked that after the 24th q it said 'STOP' underneath...

Also reading posts above I had the carnations q and the wolf qs also in the other sections so I'm 100% it was the experimental. I just never realized before that there could be multiple experimental LR sections?!?

greenleaf801
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby greenleaf801 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Uklawstudent123 wrote:I am an overseas student but I actually took it in Illinois :)

I was so suprised of the only 24 qs that I double checked that after the 24th q it said 'STOP' underneath...

Also reading posts above I had the carnations q and the wolf qs also in the other sections so I'm 100% it was the experimental. I just never realized before that there could be multiple experimental LR sections?!?


:) I truly am not doubting your honesty so I hope I didn't offend you, but am really wondering how popular the 24/25/26 split is in US/CDN. The LR was truly a blur for me so was just hoping to get more discussion in.

I only remember green carnations in my LR1 (which was 25Q), cannot even remember LR2 (including # of questions, so am truly curious if a 24Q exists), but I know L3 was 26.

inflightradio
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Uklawstudent123 wrote:I am an overseas student but I actually took it in Illinois :)

I was so suprised of the only 24 qs that I double checked that after the 24th q it said 'STOP' underneath...

Also reading posts above I had the carnations q and the wolf qs also in the other sections so I'm 100% it was the experimental. I just never realized before that there could be multiple experimental LR sections?!?


WOW, jeez LSAT must be catching onto us! I definitely don't think I had a 24 Q section because that would have caught my eye. Or at least, I hope it would :?

And greenleaf, you and I are in the same boat! Absolutely cannot for the life of me remember what was in LR 2. I am pretty sure it had to be either 25 or 26 q though. Either LR 2 or LR 3 has wolves also.

greenleaf801
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby greenleaf801 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:20 pm

inflightradio wrote:
Uklawstudent123 wrote:I am an overseas student but I actually took it in Illinois :)

I was so suprised of the only 24 qs that I double checked that after the 24th q it said 'STOP' underneath...

Also reading posts above I had the carnations q and the wolf qs also in the other sections so I'm 100% it was the experimental. I just never realized before that there could be multiple experimental LR sections?!?


WOW, jeez LSAT must be catching onto us! I definitely don't think I had a 24 Q section because that would have caught my eye. Or at least, I hope it would :?

And greenleaf, you and I are in the same boat! Absolutely cannot for the life of me remember what was in LR 2. I am pretty sure it had to be either 25 or 26 q though. Either LR 2 or LR 3 has wolves also.


We are definitely in the same boat - I remember carnations and wolves as well in separate sections.

The Einstein and Zoo questions do not ring a bell for me. The gloves/diamond question I distinctly remember.

User avatar
UtilityMonster
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby UtilityMonster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Based on the responses of a few people, I know my 2nd LR section (3rd section overall) was the experimental. Problem is, I can't remember whether it had 25 or 26 questions. It had the one on Einstein and malpractice suits. If you had that, it was the experimental section.

inflightradio
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 am

Re: LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:47 pm

greenleaf801 wrote:
inflightradio wrote:
Uklawstudent123 wrote:I am an overseas student but I actually took it in Illinois :)

I was so suprised of the only 24 qs that I double checked that after the 24th q it said 'STOP' underneath...

Also reading posts above I had the carnations q and the wolf qs also in the other sections so I'm 100% it was the experimental. I just never realized before that there could be multiple experimental LR sections?!?


WOW, jeez LSAT must be catching onto us! I definitely don't think I had a 24 Q section because that would have caught my eye. Or at least, I hope it would :?

And greenleaf, you and I are in the same boat! Absolutely cannot for the life of me remember what was in LR 2. I am pretty sure it had to be either 25 or 26 q though. Either LR 2 or LR 3 has wolves also.


We are definitely in the same boat - I remember carnations and wolves as well in separate sections.

The Einstein and Zoo questions do not ring a bell for me. The gloves/diamond question I distinctly remember.


Crap, gloves/diamonds do not ring a bell for me at all... The Einstein one, however, does sound familiar. Sorry I can't be of more help :?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, cianchetta0, xtremenite and 19 guests