Second RC experimental? Hope so.

HellOnHeels

Re: RC LR LG RC LR

Postby HellOnHeels » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Probably not.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:02 pm

I dunno, the first RC on the first section did not spill over into a second column. I noticed the guy next to me, at the fifth section RC his first section did not spill over into a second section (he was borrowing my sharpen at the beginning of the section, so I noticed it then.) Or maybe he just didn't have it turned to the first RC passage right away.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:05 pm

I guess any non RC experimental, you have Blackmail?

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:06 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:I dunno, the first RC on the first section did not spill over into a second column. I noticed the guy next to me, at the fifth section RC his first section did not spill over into a second section (he was borrowing my sharpen at the beginning of the section, so I noticed it then.) Or maybe he just didn't have it turned to the first RC passage right away.

Could LSAC also switch around the ordering of the passages within a section from one version to the next? They're sneaky.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:09 pm

stephinmd wrote:
dietcoke0 wrote:I dunno, the first RC on the first section did not spill over into a second column. I noticed the guy next to me, at the fifth section RC his first section did not spill over into a second section (he was borrowing my sharpen at the beginning of the section, so I noticed it then.) Or maybe he just didn't have it turned to the first RC passage right away.

Could LSAC also switch around the ordering of the passages within a section from one version to the next? They're sneaky.

I agree, and wanted to ask everyone around me walking to the train, but didn't have the guts.

sdphil

Postby sdphil » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Had the same format... Wish that the 2nd was experimental, but I highly doubt it :(

brotoss

Postby brotoss » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:16 pm

First RC was experimental

TIKITEMBO

Postby TIKITEMBO » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Did you all have Juice and Snacks in the games? I had two LG sections.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:56 pm

2nd RC blackmail was experimental. I was HOPING the other one was experimental. The 4th RC passage in the scored section sucked for me.

wolf

Postby wolf » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:02 pm

fashiongirl wrote:2nd RC blackmail was experimental. I was HOPING the other one was experimental. The 4th RC passage in the scored section sucked for me.

Blackmail / Latina Autobiographies / Land Plot New Topsoil was real bro. I only had one RC

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Oh yeah. That's what I meant. Idk why I put blackmail was exp...I guess I really hated that one. Also I meant the 5th RC (my 2nd RC, the scored one) sucked for me. I must have been in LSAT hungover-ness.

Anyway the scored RC effing killed me. It was my last section too so I was so mad that I got another RC, i wasted about 6 mins rereading the last passage (started with that one) which turned out to be the hardest and so I didn't have enough time to finish the comparative since I did that one last.

CorkBoard

Postby CorkBoard » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:04 pm

fashiongirl wrote:Oh yeah. That's what I meant. Idk why I put blackmail was exp...I guess I really hated that one. Also I meant the 5th RC (my 2nd RC, the scored one) sucked for me. I must have been in LSAT hungover-ness.

Anyway the scored RC effing killed me. It was my last section too so I was so mad that I got another RC, i wasted about 6 mins rereading the last passage (started with that one) which turned out to be the hardest and so I didn't have enough time to finish the comparative since I did that one last.

This sounds like what I did...did the first two, then the 4th, and then I had to skim the comparative. Blargh.

ColumbiaChamp

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:05 pm

I want to take an LSAT with the exprimental RC from this test sometime in the future, oh that would be nice. did y'all have hapiness & wealth comparative as the exp RC?

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:31 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:I want to take an LSAT with the exprimental RC from this test sometime in the future, oh that would be nice. did y'all have hapiness & wealth comparative as the exp RC?

My experimental had commissioning art as humanities and negative evidence as comparative/science...can't remember the other two. All I remember was my experimental reading comp was hard unlike what most people are saying about theirs. About equal difficulty between my two RC sections (I averaged -2 to -3 over 30 PTs)

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:33 pm

stephinmd wrote:

I'm almost 100% sure they don't do this

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:41 pm

after rereading the posts above, it seems there are more than 1 experimental RC section that were given in the RC-LR-LG-RC-LR format.

So far there are:

1) Wealth comparative
2) Negative evidence comparative

Actual) Blackmail comparative

Anyone else have any others?

[Edit] Grammar
Last edited by Yardbird on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cerealnmilk

Postby cerealnmilk » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:42 pm

My experimental had commissioning art as humanities and negative evidence as comparative/science...can't remember the other two. All I remember was my experimental reading comp was hard unlike what most people are saying about theirs. About equal difficulty between my two RC sections (I averaged -2 to -3 over 30 PTs)

I pray to sweet baby he-zeus that this was the experimental RC. The proctor must've roofied me. I have a vague recollection of the comparative science one, but otherwise I cannot remember answering any of those questions.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Adding to this -

So far there are:
1) Wealth (i dont remember?)
2) Negative evidence comparative
3) Art

Actual
1) Archiving I THINK
1) Blackmail comparative
2) Latina writers
3) Topsoil

Everything is all a blur. I can't believe I got cursed with 2 RCs. I'm just glad they weren't back to back.

SublimeStyle

Postby SublimeStyle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:00 pm

The actual RC was the second one if you had two. I was wishing the first one was real (The one that started with the black mexican sculptor lady) since that one was much easier.

jeremydc

Postby jeremydc » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Was the first rc like 27 questions, if so I ended up guessing on the final 4, please let it be the experimental!

ColumbiaChamp

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 am

jeremydc wrote:Was the first rc like 27 questions, if so I ended up guessing on the final 4, please let it be the experimental!

they were both 27 questions. real had archives, latinas, blackmail, topsoil.

jeremydc

Postby jeremydc » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:14 am

Ok, thank you bro.

princeR

Postby princeR » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Can someone who felt comfortable with the RC (real one) please tell me you put a lot of D's for the last passage (soil), I ended up guessing on almost all of them...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”